Lost storage space

Discus and support Lost storage space in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I was playing star wars battlefront 2 and my game started bugging and wouldn't load so I restarted the game. Then the game wouldn't load so then I... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Dop3 Knivez, Mar 1, 2020.

1. Dop3 Knivez
    Dop3 Knivez Guest

Lost storage space

I was playing star wars battlefront 2 and my game started bugging and wouldn't load so I restarted the game. Then the game wouldn't load so then I restarted my xbox. After that i try to start up battlefront 2 it says game is uninstalled. I thought was weird
    becausei was just playing it so i went to my games and apps to start it from there and i noticed that all 200 something games are uninstalled. And games i installed on my 5tb hardrive arent there plus the 3 games on my xbox are gone an i have NOTHING installed
    but it says i only have 354 gbs left. It stole my storage space even though they aren't installed. I already reset my xbox completely and it didn't fix it i don't know what to do.

:)

Dop3 Knivez, Mar 1, 2020
  2. ooD0C H0L1DAYoo Win User

Lost storage space

Plug in your external harddrive into a pc and check to see if it there in not you can wipe the harddrive.
  3. schnurren Win User

Lost storage space

Hello Dop3 Knivez,

That behaviour sure looks strange regarding the External Storage sounds strange.

But from these 354GBs you are telling us, I imagine you have an original XBox One 500GBs, true?

If that is the case, no one stole 354GBs, Xbox needs some space for all the things that needs to do.

By "reset my xbox completely" you meant a Factory Reset?

In case you don't, I would recommend doing one ( https://beta.support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/console/reset-console-to-factory-defaults )
    , and formatting your external hard drive (as maybe something was corrupted in there). You will need to redownload everything, but at least if you are able to have a game downloaded to it, that is good enough.

Also, maybe your external drive is defectve or dying, if the drive keeps doing weird stuff, start thinking in aquiring a new one.
  4. Internet Expert Win User

I’ve lost my storage space!

What exactly is using up all that space?

Did you mark the checkbox in the Backup settings where you
    download the 4K content
    for any compatible game you have installed? Those 4K patches can be quite hefty in size, and will automatically download.
  5. Super Crisco Win User

Lost around 40 GB of storage space.

I did download some DLC for both Mass Effect and LA Noire but it definitely wasn't that much. No downloaded avatars though. I've deleted a few games from my console, I can always download them again and I've got back up to 20 gb free space but I'm still
    missing about 10gb.
  6. MessiahBrowny Win User

Lost around 40 GB of storage space.

More than likely saved games or if you have downloaded avatars mate
Thema:

Lost storage space

1. Lost storage space - Similar Threads - Lost storage space

2. I lost my founders cape on bedrock, is there a way i can get it back?

in XBoX on Windows
    I lost my founders cape on bedrock, is there a way i can get it back?: I logged into my bedrock account the other day and went to make a new character, I usually use the golden creeper founder cape. When i went to make select the cape the golden creeper cape was no...
  3. Microsoft carrier has lost/damaged my item while in transit how do I contact Microsoft as...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microsoft carrier has lost/damaged my item while in transit how do I contact Microsoft as...: How do I contact Microsoft where there is an issue with an item I have already sent for repair? The call back option hasn't worked all week. 4e588d15-a966-4e7a-b476-fa49a0b424d0
  4. I have a reoccurring bill on my bank account from Microsoft every month on a lost account,...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I have a reoccurring bill on my bank account from Microsoft every month on a lost account,...: The account with the recurring bill is lost. I have no access to the email or number. I am looking for a way to regain access to the account. I've submitted numerous forms to try and regain...
  5. Hello I lost my secondary v buck code. How do I retrieve it?

in XBoX on Windows
    Hello I lost my secondary v buck code. How do I retrieve it?: How do I retrieve my secondary v bucks code? ee52380d-ec5c-4630-bff3-8029b2263b49
  6. Lost old Xbox account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Lost old Xbox account: I have “lost” my old Xbox account. I say lost because I had to make a new one after I bought the Xbox series x. I tried to move it and some where along the way I couldn’t log I. To the account and...
  7. Xbox Series X, I lost my Wish List on non-insider box.

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series X, I lost my Wish List on non-insider box.: I am not insider, but, I think this is the appropriate place to ask technically problems? I am in LA area, a few days ago, I noticed my wish list is empty. I am pretty sure I didn't remove it...
  8. i had a game called secret neighbor and now i lost it how do i get it back for free beacuse...

in XBoX Accessibility
    i had a game called secret neighbor and now i lost it how do i get it back for free beacuse...: i had a game called secret neighbor and now i lost it how do i get it back for free beacuse i paid for it 0e110721-c113-41c0-9107-b03f38d674e9
  9. Lost 100$ in my account.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Lost 100$ in my account.: Lost 100$ in my account. How do I get it back or let support check this ? 8e41c020-10c9-4112-bd83-dab3eab42bff
  10. Microsoft lost my primer membership, again!

in XboX Insiders
    Microsoft lost my primer membership, again!: I signed into Microsoft and tried to open a casual game (puzzles). I've been a primer for several years but Microsoft wants me to sign up for Primer again. What can be done? submitted by...