Lost save game after console froze?

Discus and support Lost save game after console froze? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi I was playing a game I downloaded from the Xbox Live store when the console froze at the point where the save icon was on the screen. It didn't... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by ClawdiusMcClaw, Jan 6, 2014.

1. Lost save game after console froze?

Hi

I was playing a game I downloaded from the Xbox Live store when the console froze at the point where the save icon was on the screen. It didn't come back to life (even when pressing the guide button etc) so I was left with no option but to just turn off
    the console (as far as I'm aware anyway.)

On turning the console back on and loading the game, I've lost the save file.

Is there anyway to recover this?

And should I perform any sort of maintenance on the console due to this issue? (will this cause further problems down the line if left?)

It's an xbox 360 not sure of the specific model.

:)

ClawdiusMcClaw, Jan 6, 2014
  2. Console Saves Lost after Latest Update

Wireless give you about 60% throughput compared to cabled, so why would you go wireless.

Contact chat support and see if they can help.

There are various undocumented ways to do things, like backing an update to previous and such.

And I would set system update to manual so you are in control in future.

But don't get your hope up, I think it is gone.

Doing off line gaming, it did happend to me once that date+time was not correct, and cloud saves thought they were more recent and overwrite local saves.

Console had also been without power for a while, and could not sync date+time correctly being offline - so I think a security fix regarding this should be made by MS, that when syncing saves when date+time were wrong, that you get a question which part to
    keep - local or cloud.

One would think that syncing game saves would be the first thing console do when in contact with account, but with system updates might be different.

And if time is not correct it might sync the wrong way.

It's a pity X1 does not allow usb copy of game saves like 360 and PS3 have(maybe PS4 too, don't know).

BookishFlunky90, Jan 6, 2014
  3. Console Saves Lost after Latest Update

I have been playing BL-2 while having my One connected to my network. I unplugged my Ethernet cable to use it for something else. I continued to play BL-2 off and on. All of my saves being done on the console. I finished the Vanilla game. And continued on
    till I reached Lvl 49 in TVHM. I heard about the latest console update. And decided to download it. I re-plugged in my Ethernet cable. The update went smooth.

Then I started to play some BL-2. And that's where things went wrong. The game started me off at my last Cloud save, when I last had my console plugged in. All of my Console Saved Progress was GONE! So how do I get my console save progress back?

PS: asking about "why not use wireless?" is a non-starter. It's just a choice I made. And has nothing to do with my console saves disappearing. Or their recovery.I still won't use wireless in the future.

WickedMr Murder, Jan 6, 2014
  4. Lost save game after console froze?

Hola ClawdiusMcClaw ! Unfortunatedly, there is no way to recover your last save unless you have another save as a backup , like a USB etc . I recommned you to save often ; if the game only allows you to have one save then try to make a save in another device
    (USB, Cloud or HDD).

About sort of maintenance you can clear the cache here you can read the instructions :

support.xbox.com/.../clear-system-cache

IngameInstincts, Jan 6, 2014
  5. Sorry, I don't think there is a way to get it back either. But in the future, you can set up 'could saves' and copy your file over there. It will re sync online every time you turn your console off. So if it happens again, you would only lose one days
    loss of work. Good Luck.

David RomanDaniels, Oct 31, 2018
  6. IngameInstincts Win User

Hola ClawdiusMcClaw ! Unfortunatedly, there is no way to recover your last save unless you have another save as a backup , like a USB etc . I recommned you to save often ; if the game only allows you to have one save then try to make a save in another device
    (USB, Cloud or HDD).

About sort of maintenance you can clear the cache here you can read the instructions :

support.xbox.com/.../clear-system-cache
  7. David RomanDaniels Win User

Sorry, I don't think there is a way to get it back either. But in the future, you can set up 'could saves' and copy your file over there. It will re sync online every time you turn your console off. So if it happens again, you would only lose one days
    loss of work. Good Luck.
  8. k0rruptiD Win User

Short mention after 2 hours of game play on Skyrim

i was nothing short of blown away by the graphics, then started to notice minor texture issues which people had been mentioning, clearing cache, uninstalling, keeping saves to a minimum seems to help. (some people reported have far too many saves and experiencing
    game breaking graphics glitches, not actually breaking the game but terrible beyond belief). the game keeps impressing me at every turn, every dungeon feels fresh and new, froze a few times, usually when not installed, i fear my dvd drive is dying anyway,
    so pretty much have to install to save it the stress of running the game, especially one as large as skyrim. oblivion froze, fallout 3 and new vegas froze a few times, but saving often pretty much made it easy to deal with. when skyrim froze for the second
    time on me it actually auto saved on the outside of the door it froze my console on, so lost zero progress.
  9. x Mecc x Win User

Greatest / Worst moment for you on Minecraft?

Worst moment for me just happened.... I'm locked out of my game!! I was in the Nether with glowstones My game had been randomly freezing so I saved the game before returning from the Nether...went through the portal...... Game froze.... Restarted my xbox,
    Went through the portal.... game froze. Restarted xbox..... went through the portal..... game froze.... restarted xbox loaded save from hard drive to the cloud. Logged in on Wifes Xbox, Loaded game went through the portal..... game froze.... Days of work forever
    lost... :(
  10. DeanGalibert Win User

Xbox 360 s hard drive wont recognise

the console was on. after it dropped and after i reinserted the hard drive i was able to acess my gamer profile and the save games i was even playing some games for a while. but after a while it froze and it would recognise the hard drive again
Thema:

1. Lost save game after console froze? - Similar Threads - Lost save game

2. How do I recover my lost save files from Baldur’s gate 3 and get the game to startup?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I recover my lost save files from Baldur’s gate 3 and get the game to startup?: I just got this game on Xbox and it has not been functioning correctly. I had about two hours of play time and multiple successful manual save files. However, after returning to play and loading...
  3. Lost saved game data - RDR2 (Xbox One Series S)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Lost saved game data - RDR2 (Xbox One Series S): During Summer holidays here down in Australia I decided I'd get back to playing Red Dead Redemption 2. I'd already completed the story once. Around a year ago I decided I'd try and do all the...
  4. Lost all of my game progression due to a data save being full

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Lost all of my game progression due to a data save being full: While trying to get onto baldurs gate 3 I got a message saying the data save was full and I need to delete some data I reset my console thinking it would fix it instead when I booted it back up I...
  5. How do I recover my lost save files from Baldur’s gate 3 and get the game to startup?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I recover my lost save files from Baldur’s gate 3 and get the game to startup?: I just got this game on Xbox and it has not been functioning correctly. I had about two hours of play time and multiple successful manual save files. However, after returning to play and loading...
  6. Lost Baldur's Gate 3 save game data (I think) after the 12/21/2023 update

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Lost Baldur's Gate 3 save game data (I think) after the 12/21/2023 update: When I booted up my xBox Series X this morning BG3 was in the process of updating. After it updated, I played for a while and then saved, completely exited out of the game, etc. About an hour...
  7. Lost game saves after cache clear

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Lost game saves after cache clear: Hi. I have been playing Starfield since 17th Sept on Xbox Series X. Recently problems with lagging and stuttering game play lead me to do a cache clear. I made sure to select the option to keep...
  8. Lost save files from xbox cloud gaming

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Lost save files from xbox cloud gaming: I was playing starfield on my android tablet and at some poijt wanted to change to the TV, so saved and tried to close the game (which froze on the question to close the game) then had to just...
  9. Mechwarrior 5: saved games lost?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Mechwarrior 5: saved games lost?: Hi, I have been playing Mechwarrior 5 on xBox for over a year and when I logged in two days ago all my saved games were missing. I thought they would be sync'd with my gamepass ultimate but each...
  10. After bought DLC, my pervious game save being lost with Xbox PC.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    After bought DLC, my pervious game save being lost with Xbox PC.: Once I bought Monster Hunter rise: Sunbreak (DLC), why my pervious game save data is lost and I need to start from zero? I had spent 170+hours to play in Monster Hunter Rise before bought the DLC...