Lost save data through sync issue?

Discus and support Lost save data through sync issue? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I recently tried helping my wife's mom with setting up their Xbox and they accidentally used my account to set up a new character for them on Diablo 3,... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by V3nri3r, Dec 29, 2021.

1. V3nri3r
    V3nri3r Guest

I recently tried helping my wife's mom with setting up their Xbox and they accidentally used my account to set up a new character for them on Diablo 3, they didn't notice because it didn't pull down from the cloud for some reason so there were no characters. Well, when we closed and tried something to make sure everything was working properly for them, we reopened the game, and allowed it to synch off their local (because I was not there when they created the character, so I thought they just made a new character with the list), but realized it would probably only have the one level 1 character. Lo-and-behold it did. I figured it should be fine because when I next open my Xbox at home (just now) it should check to see what save data to use right, Local or cloud? Well, it automatically chose cloud without even letting me choose, and now I'm afraid I've lost hundreds of hours of progress.

Is there any way to have the data recovered or reverted on the server side or local side so I don't lose all my progress?

:)

V3nri3r, Dec 29, 2021
  2. Jesse E' Win User

Hello, My name is Jesse. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

To retrieve a lost save from the cloud, Go to My games & apps.

- Highlight the game.

- Press the Menu button and select Manage game and add-ons.

- Go to saved Data and clear local saves.

- Then, Select the game tile, and then choose Select all to make sure all available content gets installed.

- Select Save changes and wait for the content to install.

- Relaunch the game.

If that doesn't work, then I'm afraid the data has been lost on the cloud as well.
  3. CyrusJ Win User

Syncing issues with Starfield when playing via Cloud

I accidentally clicked "Sync last saved data" and lost several days of gameplay
  4. XBF Ruben D Win User

Lost offline Save data

Hello Daniel,

Thank you for posting on Xbox Forums. In regards to the issue with the missing saved data, if you were not online when you were playing the game and you no longer have any saved data that data is now lost. In order to prevent Saved data from being lost
    you will have to sync it with the Cloud game saves by going online every once and a while.

It is unfortunate but you will not be able to recover the saved data unless it was previously synced with the cloud. For more info on

Cloud Saved Data FAQ

If you have any other questions please feel free to reply back letting us know. Thank you again for posting on Xbox Forums.
  5. Daft Badger Win User

Lost all data to forza 5

Sounds like the "syncing data" issue that the Forza games seem to have sometimes.

Unfortunately if that's the case then you have lost your save.

Had this happen to me so I feel your pain.

Sometimes it will sync the data,get to 99% & say it's failed.If it happens you need to try again & it should sync but give you the option of 2 saves,always pick the older save & it should be ok after that.
  6. Daft Badger Win User

Forza 6 game save LOST (cloud)

Unfortunately not.

I went through the same thing on Forza 5,lost 200+ hours,cars,money etc.

Don't know why but it seems to be an issue with the Forza games on xbox one.

If it happens again & says "failed to sync data",try again & it should work or you'll be given the option of 2 saves,pick the older save.
Thema:

1. Lost save data through sync issue? - Similar Threads - Lost save data

2. Lost saved game data - RDR2 (Xbox One Series S)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Lost saved game data - RDR2 (Xbox One Series S): During Summer holidays here down in Australia I decided I'd get back to playing Red Dead Redemption 2. I'd already completed the story once. Around a year ago I decided I'd try and do all the...
  3. Lost all of my game progression due to a data save being full

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Lost all of my game progression due to a data save being full: While trying to get onto baldurs gate 3 I got a message saying the data save was full and I need to delete some data I reset my console thinking it would fix it instead when I booted it back up I...
  4. Lost Baldur's Gate 3 save game data (I think) after the 12/21/2023 update

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Lost Baldur's Gate 3 save game data (I think) after the 12/21/2023 update: When I booted up my xBox Series X this morning BG3 was in the process of updating. After it updated, I played for a while and then saved, completely exited out of the game, etc. About an hour...
  5. Lost saved data

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Lost saved data: for a game called “The Hunter Call Of The Wild” I lost my saved data files do to a problem with Xbox (deleted everywhere) and am wondering if there’s anyway someone could look into my deleted...
  6. Save data lost after reset

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Save data lost after reset: Xbox series S was lagging (brand new btw) so I did the reset option that let's you keep games and data. I lost days of save data on Starfield. My character is 10 levels below where i was before...
  7. Lost Cloud saved data in Starfield

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Lost Cloud saved data in Starfield: I've been encountering issues with my Starfield saved data syncing to the cloud on my Xbox Series S. To address some in-game bugs, I deleted my saves only on the console, leaving the cloud saves...
  8. In fh5 I got stuck on syncing data and got around it but now I lost all my save data

in XBoX Games and Apps
    In fh5 I got stuck on syncing data and got around it but now I lost all my save data: I had to end the gaming services task and then it let me cancel syncing but now I am starting over in the game ab344e0c-eecf-483d-8f2c-3de0ba2ab89d
  9. PvZGW2 save data lost after reinstalling

in XBoX Games and Apps
    PvZGW2 save data lost after reinstalling: I had PvZGW2 on my Xbox and the last time I played it was a while ago, at least a couple of years. I wanted to go back and play it again so I put my disc in but it didn’t work. No biggie it’s on...
  10. Wwe 2k23 lost save data

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Wwe 2k23 lost save data: While I was downloading and installing the latest DLC, somehow all my saved data got erased, so all my caws, match history, everything. I can still see the custom Superstars when I go to play a...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. xbox one cloud saves missing