Lost my Microsoft account and Can’t access my steam game (Microsoft Flight simulator 2020)

Discus and support Lost my Microsoft account and Can’t access my steam game (Microsoft Flight simulator 2020) in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I have purchased Microsoft flight simulator 2020 last year and i didn’t play much, yesterday i went to my steam profile and re downloaded the game once... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by med saad, Aug 25, 2022.

1. med saad
    med saad Guest

Lost my Microsoft account and Can’t access my steam game (Microsoft Flight simulator 2020)

I have purchased Microsoft flight simulator 2020 last year and i didn’t play much, yesterday i went to my steam profile and re downloaded the game once the steam download has finished I have accessed the game and it asks me to verify my email address which I didn’t use since a very long time ago, (since i use to have an xbox 360 and one) so basically I don’t have access to my phone numbers anymore and there’s no other options except to go to the Microsoft website and ask for a recovery, I have failed the two first attempts and I received an email asking me to redo the check and try the best to guess the right answers but it’s been since 2012 or something when I first created my account. So I want to know what can I do to get access to Microsoft flight simulator and other games like Forza horizon is there something i can do in steam to remove the pop up sign in page in MFS ? Or other solutions maybe?

Thanks in advance.

:)

med saad, Aug 25, 2022
  2. Eletricdrum Win User

Sadly I cannot help you with that...

I'll re-route you to Microsoft so you can explain your situation...
  3. Kathy A. Win User

You're welcome, med saad.

Here are my answers to your questions:

1.) If you have bought the games from Microsoft Store or Xbox app or had Xbox Game Pass subscription; games, order history, and game progress will be inaccessible. However, to fully answer your question, if you mean you are trying to access the games (bought from Steam) using different Microsoft Account, that subjective to the terms and condition of Steam and it will be best to discuss it with them.

2.) If you already had the license to play the game/s, I think it will not be necessary to re-buy it from Steam. But again, please contact support.

Contact Steam Support: Steam Support (steampowered.com)

We hope this helps and have a great day!

Regards,

4. Kathy A. Win User

Hello med saad,

Welcome to Xbox Community Forum. Thank you for sharing your concern with us today and we hope that all is well.

We understand that you are trying to access your Microsoft account that holds your license and game progress. Just to set your expectation, Microsoft account is managed by a completely automated server and we do not have manual access to it. Microsoft takes the security and privacy of our customers very seriously. We are committed to protecting your personal information, and the meticulous account recovery process is intended to protect you from any possible malicious activity. For now, let us check on this together and sort this out in timely manner.

May we ask if you can still recall the last time you signed in to your Microsoft Account? Was it more than 2 years already? There is a policy that was implemented last 2019 regarding Microsoft account activity, where accounts were keep active if it is being sign in at least once in a two-year period. However, there are exceptions and if not meet then account will be closed. For more info please read here: Microsoft account activity policy.

If any cases, you have sign in to your account once in two-year period, you have option to recover it (click here) or reset password - (click here). Otherwise, you will create a new account.

For Steam account, based on their log-in page: Sign In (steampowered.com) you will need to sign in using your account name and password or steam mobile app (Beta). This process might not include email address nor Microsoft account. But for Microsoft Flight Simulator, you will need to use a Microsoft account to log in to the game and see your game progress. However, if you cannot sign in to your previous account the game progress might not be accessible. If that is the case, you may contact support of Microsoft Flight Simulator for any concern.

Overall, you can recover your account with filling out the form - click here or create new account.

We look forward to your response. Kindly let us know, if there is any misunderstanding or clarifications of our description by sending us a reply.

Sincerely,

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
  5. med saad Win User

Yes please, and thank you for your time.
  6. Eletricdrum Win User

Hi.. For now just wait for the Microsoft reply...

Could I help you with something else?
Thema:

1. Lost my Microsoft account and Can’t access my steam game (Microsoft Flight simulator 2020) - Similar Threads - Lost Microsoft account

2. I have a reoccurring bill on my bank account from Microsoft every month on a lost account,...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I have a reoccurring bill on my bank account from Microsoft every month on a lost account,...: The account with the recurring bill is lost. I have no access to the email or number. I am looking for a way to regain access to the account. I've submitted numerous forms to try and regain...
  3. My minecraft/microsoft account got hacked and Im really confused and lost.

in XBoX Accessibility
    My minecraft/microsoft account got hacked and Im really confused and lost.: Im gonna try to be as in-depth as possible to make this as least confusing as I can. I woke up today and opened up lunar client and noticed i was logged out, so i clicked on login and it asks me...
  4. Microsoft closed my account, Lost java edition of minecraft

in XBoX Accessibility
    Microsoft closed my account, Lost java edition of minecraft: Please explain. Why was my account closed? No reason was given. How do I get my license to minecraft reactivated? 9fe36f72-bda4-4a86-b57a-e9503df6daed
  5. Xbox/Microsoft account email changed randomly and I lost access to the account.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox/Microsoft account email changed randomly and I lost access to the account.: Around 8-9 years ago I lost access to my original Xbox account out of no where. When I try to log into it I can see that the email was changed to an email I never created. It is the email I had on...
  6. Need Assistance: Hacked Microsoft Account, Lost Gamertag and Minecraft Access

in XBoX Accessibility
    Need Assistance: Hacked Microsoft Account, Lost Gamertag and Minecraft Access: My Microsoft account got hacked and deleted, so I made a new one with the same Gmail. Now, I can't access my gamertag and Minecraft Java account. I can still find my old gamertag, but I'm lost on...
  7. Lost account microsoft unknown reasons

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Lost account microsoft unknown reasons: 1 or 2 years ago i lost an microsoft account for reasons unknown to me. there was a minecraft java edition and i lost access to it. i have confirmation of the transaction that i bought it. i realy...
  8. my microsoft account got hacked, lost access to all features

in XBoX Accessibility
    my microsoft account got hacked, lost access to all features: my microsoft account got hacked. If I choose to reset the passwort, the default mail address shown in the pop-up window is not mine (false account: ag*****@mailbox.in.ua). The account restoring...
  9. i have lost accesses to my microsoft account and cant login

in XBoX Accessibility
    i have lost accesses to my microsoft account and cant login: I have recently been trying to play sea of thieves and it comes up with error lavender beard I tried to log out to fix it and I cant log back in as microsoft no longer recognizes my email and it...
  10. I have lost my Microsoft account.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I have lost my Microsoft account.: This is the third time I've tried to recover the account and they always tell me that they can't help me, the whole thing is already quite frustrating, is there something that needs to be done to...