Lost microsoft account after minecraft mojang account migration

Discus and support Lost microsoft account after minecraft mojang account migration in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Recently i migrated my mojang account to a microsoft account in order to keep playing minecraft. Now i forgot the microsoft account password and i... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Gregorio Monari, Sep 11, 2022.

1. Lost microsoft account after minecraft mojang account migration

Recently i migrated my mojang account to a microsoft account in order to keep playing minecraft. Now i forgot the microsoft account password and i can't access the game anymore. How can i access to my account again? The only informations i have avaialable are the old mojang mail and password and the username of the new microsoft account. Can you help me?

:)

Gregorio Monari, Sep 11, 2022
  2. Ricardo Lechuga Win User

Minecraft migration

That's normal, you can't access the old Mojang account after the migration, you need to use the email you used to migrate the Mojang account to, in the launcher you need to select Minecraft Java and then Microsoft login and then use the email you use during the migration process
  3. Jean Marais Win User

Microsoft account does not have minecraft anymore.

Originally I bought the game with a mojang account (This was back in 2016 I think)

I then changed the email for the mojang account.

then with the migration, I migrated it to my current microsoft account that is not related to any of the previous emails.

The migration was successful and I was able to play game.

I stopped playing for a while, but after trying to log in with the same microsoft account that worked previously, minecraft was not there anymore.

Since I bought it with a mojang account, there is no record of a purchase/transaction.
  4. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.

I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this Gregorio

As you don't remember the email address, you may need to proceed with the account recovery form:

https://account.live.com/acsr

Also, you could try alternative methods to recover your account here:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/account-bil...

Sadly, an account cannot be recovered with the gamertag/username alone. (Is not enough proof of ownership)

Please note that no one can tell your the specific email / modify or share account details due to privacy and security policies
  5. XBF - Tali Win User

Minecraft login Error Message fix

Hello Sereen Taha,

Thank you for contacting the Xbox Support forums. To confirm, you have never had a Mojang account and still do not have an account, is that correct? If so, a Mojang account that is migrated to a Microsoft account is required. For additional details, please review: Minecraft: Java Edition Account Migration FAQ.

If you continue to have the error after migrating your account, please contact Mojang directly at Mojang Support - Submit a Request.

Thank you,

-Tali
  6. XBF - Dom Win User

Microsoft store blocking download of app I bought from someone else

Hello OxindeGaming,

Thank you for reaching out to us with your issue!

When you purchased the Minecraft Java originally, did you purchase it with a Mojang account or a Microsoft account? If you purchased it with a Mojang account, have you tried migrating the account to a Microsoft account yet? You can learn more about migrating your Mojang account to a Microsoft account here:

How to Migrate Your Mojang Account to a Microsoft Account – Home (minecraft.net)

You can also try installing the Minecraft launcher through the Xbox app and installing Java from there.

[Let us know if this answered your question by tapping "Yes" below]
Thema:

1. Lost microsoft account after minecraft mojang account migration - Similar Threads - Lost microsoft account

2. I have a reoccurring bill on my bank account from Microsoft every month on a lost account,...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I have a reoccurring bill on my bank account from Microsoft every month on a lost account,...: The account with the recurring bill is lost. I have no access to the email or number. I am looking for a way to regain access to the account. I've submitted numerous forms to try and regain...
  3. My minecraft/microsoft account got hacked and Im really confused and lost.

in XBoX Accessibility
    My minecraft/microsoft account got hacked and Im really confused and lost.: Im gonna try to be as in-depth as possible to make this as least confusing as I can. I woke up today and opened up lunar client and noticed i was logged out, so i clicked on login and it asks me...
  4. Microsoft closed my account, Lost java edition of minecraft

in XBoX Accessibility
    Microsoft closed my account, Lost java edition of minecraft: Please explain. Why was my account closed? No reason was given. How do I get my license to minecraft reactivated? 9fe36f72-bda4-4a86-b57a-e9503df6daed
  5. Xbox/Microsoft account email changed randomly and I lost access to the account.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox/Microsoft account email changed randomly and I lost access to the account.: Around 8-9 years ago I lost access to my original Xbox account out of no where. When I try to log into it I can see that the email was changed to an email I never created. It is the email I had on...
  6. Need Assistance: Hacked Microsoft Account, Lost Gamertag and Minecraft Access

in XBoX Accessibility
    Need Assistance: Hacked Microsoft Account, Lost Gamertag and Minecraft Access: My Microsoft account got hacked and deleted, so I made a new one with the same Gmail. Now, I can't access my gamertag and Minecraft Java account. I can still find my old gamertag, but I'm lost on...
  7. Lost account microsoft unknown reasons

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Lost account microsoft unknown reasons: 1 or 2 years ago i lost an microsoft account for reasons unknown to me. there was a minecraft java edition and i lost access to it. i have confirmation of the transaction that i bought it. i realy...
  8. my microsoft account got hacked, lost access to all features

in XBoX Accessibility
    my microsoft account got hacked, lost access to all features: my microsoft account got hacked. If I choose to reset the passwort, the default mail address shown in the pop-up window is not mine (false account: ag*****@mailbox.in.ua). The account restoring...
  9. i have lost accesses to my microsoft account and cant login

in XBoX Accessibility
    i have lost accesses to my microsoft account and cant login: I have recently been trying to play sea of thieves and it comes up with error lavender beard I tried to log out to fix it and I cant log back in as microsoft no longer recognizes my email and it...
  10. I have lost my Microsoft account.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I have lost my Microsoft account.: This is the third time I've tried to recover the account and they always tell me that they can't help me, the whole thing is already quite frustrating, is there something that needs to be done to...