Lost gamer tag and can't access saved data....help

Discus and support Lost gamer tag and can't access saved data....help in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; The Microsoft xbox support person told me to go to settings, storage, hard drive, profiles, select profile with glitches "redhead killer", delete... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by matthew9a, Jun 14, 2014.

1. matthew9a
    matthew9a Guest

The Microsoft xbox support person told me to go to settings, storage, hard drive, profiles, select profile with glitches "redhead killer", delete profile only which I did and then of course I lost the connection with the support and can't access my saved
    data....it's under "unknown" profile. Help!

:)

matthew9a, Jun 14, 2014
  2. Log in issues

I recently tried to log in to my account on a friends Xbox one, but the gamer tag that came up is nothing to do with me, or my friend at all. Now when I log in to Microsoft, the strange tag comes up and Ive lost all my data and saved games. Tried contacting
    the so called techies, but all they did was waste my time and were completely useless. Can anyone help?

WoolyCannon2551, Jun 14, 2014
  3. Fifa 14 crashed to dashboard

as others have, i tried to reinstall the game and clear all my saved data but didn't work. the solution about changing arena player did work, unfortunatley because i deleated all saved game data i lost all my ultimate team players that i had bought through
    player packs and i can't get them back so that money was wasted. definatley try changing the arena player before you wipe all your saved data.

GreedyBarracuda, Jun 14, 2014
  4. Lost gamer tag and can't access saved data....help

Hey there matthew9a Lost gamer tag and can't access saved data....help :)

You would need to download your profile from Xbox LIVE. You can find out how to do this by following the below guide.

support.xbox.com/my-account/manage-gamertag-and-profile/download-your-xbox-live-profile-to-another-360-console

The reason the save data is coming up as 'Unknown' is because you have deleted the profile they were attached to. Re-downloading it should fix the problem for you.

I hope this helps.

Many thanks,

Cloud

Mark Sherwood, Jun 14, 2014
  5. overkiller1987 Win User

Deleteing records

this explanation helped with my lost data i just had to go in to the docs capcom file and rename old gamer tag save data file to new gamer tag name all progress and saves now load no problem thanks
  6. Deutschland Spy Win User

Lost Save Game After Changing Gamer Tag

Hi, sorry for losing all your progress, as a gamer I would hate that too, but unless you had backed your progress there is no way to get it back, once its lost, you might have to play through the game again. But I have changed my Gamer Tag many times but
    have never faced any problem with losing my saved data. As changing Gamer Tag does not affect you saved data or your purchases on Xbox Live. Please make sure that there is no problem with your storage unit, as sometimes data get corrupted due to error on it,
    or improper shutdown while the data is saving etc. Hope this helps a little.
  7. Mark Sherwood Win User

Hey there matthew9a :)

You would need to download your profile from Xbox LIVE. You can find out how to do this by following the below guide.

support.xbox.com/my-account/manage-gamertag-and-profile/download-your-xbox-live-profile-to-another-360-console

The reason the save data is coming up as 'Unknown' is because you have deleted the profile they were attached to. Re-downloading it should fix the problem for you.

I hope this helps.

Many thanks,

Cloud
  8. BeastBadshah Win User

How to transfer the game archiving from one account to other account.

There is no way to transfer games save data from one account to another because save data is associated with gamer tag
  9. Yanyannnn Win User

Xbox forced an update which deleted all my saved games and gamer tag

Hello Alex Burrows1,

Thank you for your contribution to the Microsoft community.

We totally understand that you want to recover your lost games and gamertag. It sounds like your saved games and gamer tag were lost after updating your profile. I understand how frustrating this can be, especially if you've been using Xbox for ten years. Just a reminder, we are not able to double check the account or the devices that is connected to your account. No worries, we do have some effective troubleshooting steps here that could fix the issue.

To recover your saved games, you can try the following steps:

1. Check if your saved games are still available in the cloud. To do this, go to "My games & apps" > "See all" > "Saved data" > "Cloud saves". If your saved games are there, you can download them to your console.

2. If your saved games are not in the cloud, you can try to recover them from an external hard drive or USB drive if you have backed them up previously.

3. If you have exhausted all options and still cannot recover your saved games, you can contact Xbox support for further assistance. They may be able to help you recover your lost data.

Regarding your gamer tag, if you're unable to retrieve it, you can create a new one. However, if you have any subscriptions or purchases associated with your old gamer tag, you may need to contact Xbox support to transfer them to your new gamer tag.

I hope this helps. Let me know if you have any further questions or concerns.

Microsoft Community Moderator
Thema:

1. Lost gamer tag and can't access saved data....help - Similar Threads - Lost gamer tag

2. Lost my account and I can’t remember my email but I remember the gamer tag can you help

in XBoX on Consoles
    Lost my account and I can’t remember my email but I remember the gamer tag can you help: I forgot the email to my account but remember the gamer tag could you help c5a47c6b-c763-4dfa-8c3f-804dafa8b0d6
  3. Why have I lost my gamer tag and now have numbers

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why have I lost my gamer tag and now have numbers: Why has my gamer tag been changed to a number I've had the same account for 13+ years ac4eb506-d378-4329-871e-3e2a542b92ed
  4. Changed gamer tag, lost gta game data

in XBoX on Windows
    Changed gamer tag, lost gta game data: I now go by Kas instead of , so I decided to change my gamer tag as. Well, hopped on GTA and my data is back at the start. My old GamerTag Was , It's Now Kas5102 (Kas#5102) . Please, I am...
  5. I have lost access to my gamer-tag account named ToFat2Carry#555

in XBoX Accessibility
    I have lost access to my gamer-tag account named ToFat2Carry#555: So i tried to play Sea of Thieves on my real account #2193 and found out i have no achievements or progression, but i have played this game ALOT some time ago. Now my friend found out i have...
  6. Minecraft - microsoft account disconnected. Gamer tag and worlds seem to be lost!

in XBoX Accessibility
    Minecraft - microsoft account disconnected. Gamer tag and worlds seem to be lost!: My son is devastated - please help! A message popped up on his android device this morning saying 'Your microsoft account has been disconnected. Sign in to play on realms, servers and more.'...
  7. Gamer tag perso [Edit - Transaltion] - Lost gamer tag

in XBoX on Consoles
    Gamer tag perso [Edit - Transaltion] - Lost gamer tag: ho recuperato la password dell id microsoft (che avevo smarrito). E mi ha chiesto di collegare il gamertag ma non sono riuscito a collegare quello che avevo in precedenza e me ne ha fatto creare...
  8. i lost my gamer tag when I did a update

in XBoX Accessibility
    i lost my gamer tag when I did a update: iwant my old achievements b ack 6ebf519f-f692-4f59-bfe4-7b4af7e78b11
  9. Console Reset ---> Lost gamer tag/cant remember microsoft account/didn't link phone or credit ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Console Reset ---> Lost gamer tag/cant remember microsoft account/didn't link phone or credit ...: My console got reset (kids didn't know why). However, I set up a Microsoft Account specifically for the Xbox and do not remember what it was. I lost all my Gamer Tag/Accounts. I have about a...
  10. Lost gamer tag

in XBoX on Consoles
    Lost gamer tag: Hi our Xbox did a reboot and had to be reinstalled, my son couldn't find his gamer tag and made a new one using the same email address, but his progress in all games (primarily GTA IV) was lost -...