Lost access to my previosly installed games on Xbox One, after having HDD replaced

Discus and support Lost access to my previosly installed games on Xbox One, after having HDD replaced in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Dear Supporters, We had to have our Xbox One HDD replaced due to malfunction after a system update that went wrong. After the replacement we entered... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Daniel Tatcher, Jan 7, 2023.

1. Lost access to my previosly installed games on Xbox One, after having HDD replaced

Dear Supporters,

We had to have our Xbox One HDD replaced due to malfunction after a system update that went wrong.

After the replacement we entered our account, and realized we can't synch to our games that were installed previously via code redeem (we got the Zoo Tycoon and Kinect Sports Rivals games to our console when we bought it). Only one game is present in the list that were purchased later.

We tried to redeem the codes again, but got rejected, telling the codes were already redeemed.

Tried to re-enter the account, switching the console on ad off, have our account reset, but the games won't appear.

As we don't use our Xbox quite often, I got the idea that maybe we installed the first two games to a different account (even though we couldn't find traces on them either, but would give it a try):

-Is there any way to find out to which account they were installed? (if I provide possible alternate mail addresses)

-Is there any way to re-install the games if I provide the necessary informations? (accounts, code, etc.)

-Any other way to get our games back?

Thank you for your support in advance!

Best regards,

Daniel

:)

Daniel Tatcher, Jan 7, 2023
  2. Obsessive Power Win User

Lost access to my previosly installed games on Xbox One, after having HDD replaced

3. Onyx Is Here Win User

Hello Daniel, sorry to hear you're having trouble with your games.

If the codes were used on your account when you purchased the console then the games should still be there. You can check the billing history for all accounts that you know of at https://account.microsoft.com/billing/orders.

If you do not see the games listed there then I'm afraid support would not be able to help recover them without the proper account info. If it was part of your family you could try going into the console settings to check your family there and see if it's listed.

Beyond that, if you're unable to find the games on any account I'm afraid that they would need to be repurchased.

In the meantime, please go to My Games & Apps and scroll down to Full Library and check there for your games as well. Be sure to use the filters at the top of the page to show hidden items just in case it was hidden for some reason
  4. Mister Gwyther Win User

Horrible Device\Service

Hey Tarmorg! If you only seem to have issues with that one game, have you tried replacing the disc? Were you trying to play these games after installing them to the HDD? Let us know, thanks!
  5. WPAK Win User

Xbox 360 stuck on logo screen

Hi there,

-

this could be caused by a failure of the HDD.

Have you tried what happens when the game disc isn't in the console and the HDD is attached. To see if the console starts. If it starts, please checkt the storage section and remove the installed game.

-

If it doesn't work I suggest to try your hdd on a different xbox 360 to see if the problems occur on there as well. If it does then it is definately your HDD.

If that is the case then unfortunately all is lost since a HDD will only be replaced and not repaired.

-

Let us know the results
  6. IceStorm III Win User

Install games to HDD

If your console is showing no signs of slowness, or the dreaded "cannot read disc" error when playing games installed to the HDD, it may be ok. I have a 2.5" HDD that did thermal recalibration more often than normal. It still works (it's in one of my PS3s).

If it's doing it EVERY 30 seconds, pick up a replacement HDD. A genuine XBOX 360 320GB HDD is $99 right now.
Thema:

1. Lost access to my previosly installed games on Xbox One, after having HDD replaced - Similar Threads - Lost access previosly

2. My account had been hacked and I lost access to it

in XBoX Accessibility
    My account had been hacked and I lost access to it: so I created new one using same adress, but can I in some way regain access to the old one even if it's overwritten with new one? Back in the day when i tried to log in it was said that there is...
  3. I lost my access to my Minecraft Account

in XBoX Accessibility
    I lost my access to my Minecraft Account: I migrated my account around a year ago to my Microsoft account, and I could use Minecraft my Java Edition just fine with my account. I then replaced my PC and had to redownload all my apps after...
  4. I Bought dragon ball fighterz 2020 and minecraft like 7 years and lost access to both...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I Bought dragon ball fighterz 2020 and minecraft like 7 years and lost access to both...: This is proof i owned the game in 2020. It wont show on my purchase history and this was before it was on gamepass. [img] eefe38b1-22c8-40f6-a9a2-c2f00192f2b9
  5. Xbox/Microsoft account email changed randomly and I lost access to the account.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox/Microsoft account email changed randomly and I lost access to the account.: Around 8-9 years ago I lost access to my original Xbox account out of no where. When I try to log into it I can see that the email was changed to an email I never created. It is the email I had on...
  6. I lost access to minecraft completely

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I lost access to minecraft completely: I succesully migrated my account about 2 years ago, and I was able to play the game. (java edition) But after taking a break last year, the game has completely disappeared from my microsoft...
  7. I have lost access to my old xbox account

in XBoX Accessibility
    I have lost access to my old xbox account: Hello, i’ve been trying to log into my old xbox account but i’ve forgotten the email and password used to login. There’s also no phone number linked, the account name is ‘jays solos’. I was...
  8. Need Assistance: Hacked Microsoft Account, Lost Gamertag and Minecraft Access

in XBoX Accessibility
    Need Assistance: Hacked Microsoft Account, Lost Gamertag and Minecraft Access: My Microsoft account got hacked and deleted, so I made a new one with the same Gmail. Now, I can't access my gamertag and Minecraft Java account. I can still find my old gamertag, but I'm lost on...
  9. I have lost access to my account

in XBoX Accessibility
    I have lost access to my account: Hello, I had an Xbox for about a year until about a year ago, when it broke. I recently tried logging into my Xbox account on my PC as I was thinking about getting a new one. When it came to the...
  10. my microsoft account got hacked, lost access to all features

in XBoX Accessibility
    my microsoft account got hacked, lost access to all features: my microsoft account got hacked. If I choose to reset the passwort, the default mail address shown in the pop-up window is not mine (false account: ag*****@mailbox.in.ua). The account restoring...