Lost access to mail address alias for Microsoft account - how to transfer to new?

Discus and support Lost access to mail address alias for Microsoft account - how to transfer to new? in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Hi. I've cancelled the domain on which I created the email address used for my personal Microsoft account. Now I got another domain, and I got a... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by A_Tagged, Jun 3, 2023.

1. A_Tagged
    A_Tagged Guest

Lost access to mail address alias for Microsoft account - how to transfer to new?

Hi.

I've cancelled the domain on which I created the email address used for my personal Microsoft account.

Now I got another domain, and I got a M365 account set up on it (this account I'm logged into now)

When trying to add this as an alias on my old personal Microsoft account I'm told that I can't use a work or school account, so my question is, how do I resolve this issue?

Thanks and regards,

Anders

:)

A_Tagged, Jun 3, 2023
  2. WattyNuela Win User

Hello Anders, this is Manuela!. I'm an Independent Advisor and community user like you ready to assist with this.
    Not a Microsoft employee.

I'm afraid to say that adding an existing Microsoft domain as an alias for another Microsoft account it's not possible.
    You can review this information and more by visiting the next support article:
    https://support.microsoft.com/office/add-or-rem...
  3. WattyNuela Win User

If the email address you're using for both accounts are from a non Microsoft domain. You're correct, that's possible

But you can review that's stated in the article notes:

"You can't add an email address that's associated with a work or school account as an alias.

Existing Hotmail, Live, Outlook.com, and MSN addresses can't be added as aliases, and you can't add an alias that is already associated with another Microsoft account."
  4. A_Tagged Win User

I do already have both a work account, at work, and a personal Microsoft account on that same email address, so it doesn't seem like this is completely true. Unless terms have been changed after I created both types of accounts.
  5. XBF Amber M Win User

fraudulent Xbox account

Hi Dennis,

Thanks for reaching out to us with this issue. I'm sorry that you seem to be having some difficulty in updating your account alias. If the email address that you wish to use has already been taken by another account that you don't have access to, then you
    would not be able to choose to use it as the primary alias on your existing account.

That being said, you can always use a different email address that you do have access to as a new alias (email address for log in) on your current account or create a new email address to do so. I'm including some links in this post that may be of use to
    you in changing or updating your email alias or recovering your password.

Recover and reset your lost Microsoft account password

How to change the email address associated with your Microsoft account

I hope this helps out and please let us know the results!
  6. ClausReich Win User

Email change, with old email staying active

Don't worry about your questions, all of them are perfectly valid!

Regarding the accessibility of your partner's child with a new alias, everything will be accessible. It is just another e-mail address usable to sign in to the mother's account. Everything about the Microsoft Family will stay working the same way, because it is registered to the original Microsoft Account (mother's account), and also applies to the alias.

This issue is common, but sadly it isn't possible to transfer any progress from one account to the other. What I'd recommend you to do is to create a brand new account, where he will create all of the progress for his new games. For older games, the mother's account with an alias stays signed in on the Xbox, and is accessible at any point with the aliased e-mail address. This would be the easiest way to slowly phase out the mother's account on her son's Xbox console, but still keep it available in case he wants to continue the progress on a older game. Usually, on situations like this, parents create a child account under the Microsoft Family group, which allows to manage all settings for the child's account.
Thema:

1. Lost access to mail address alias for Microsoft account - how to transfer to new? - Similar Threads - Lost access mail

2. My account had been hacked and I lost access to it

in XBoX Accessibility
    My account had been hacked and I lost access to it: so I created new one using same adress, but can I in some way regain access to the old one even if it's overwritten with new one? Back in the day when i tried to log in it was said that there is...
  3. I lost my access to my Minecraft Account

in XBoX Accessibility
    I lost my access to my Minecraft Account: I migrated my account around a year ago to my Microsoft account, and I could use Minecraft my Java Edition just fine with my account. I then replaced my PC and had to redownload all my apps after...
  4. I Bought dragon ball fighterz 2020 and minecraft like 7 years and lost access to both...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I Bought dragon ball fighterz 2020 and minecraft like 7 years and lost access to both...: This is proof i owned the game in 2020. It wont show on my purchase history and this was before it was on gamepass. [img] eefe38b1-22c8-40f6-a9a2-c2f00192f2b9
  5. Xbox/Microsoft account email changed randomly and I lost access to the account.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox/Microsoft account email changed randomly and I lost access to the account.: Around 8-9 years ago I lost access to my original Xbox account out of no where. When I try to log into it I can see that the email was changed to an email I never created. It is the email I had on...
  6. I lost access to minecraft completely

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I lost access to minecraft completely: I succesully migrated my account about 2 years ago, and I was able to play the game. (java edition) But after taking a break last year, the game has completely disappeared from my microsoft...
  7. I have lost access to my old xbox account

in XBoX Accessibility
    I have lost access to my old xbox account: Hello, i’ve been trying to log into my old xbox account but i’ve forgotten the email and password used to login. There’s also no phone number linked, the account name is ‘jays solos’. I was...
  8. Need Assistance: Hacked Microsoft Account, Lost Gamertag and Minecraft Access

in XBoX Accessibility
    Need Assistance: Hacked Microsoft Account, Lost Gamertag and Minecraft Access: My Microsoft account got hacked and deleted, so I made a new one with the same Gmail. Now, I can't access my gamertag and Minecraft Java account. I can still find my old gamertag, but I'm lost on...
  9. I have lost access to my account

in XBoX Accessibility
    I have lost access to my account: Hello, I had an Xbox for about a year until about a year ago, when it broke. I recently tried logging into my Xbox account on my PC as I was thinking about getting a new one. When it came to the...
  10. my microsoft account got hacked, lost access to all features

in XBoX Accessibility
    my microsoft account got hacked, lost access to all features: my microsoft account got hacked. If I choose to reset the passwort, the default mail address shown in the pop-up window is not mine (false account: ag*****@mailbox.in.ua). The account restoring...