Lost access to DLC I paid for just a couple days ago (Skate 3 DLC on XBOX Series X)

Discus and support Lost access to DLC I paid for just a couple days ago (Skate 3 DLC on XBOX Series X) in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Recently I decided to purchase Skate 3's DLC on my new Series X console. When playing the game with all the DLC installed I noticed one of them,... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by João Lisboa, May 14, 2021.

1. João Lisboa
    João Lisboa Guest

Lost access to DLC I paid for just a couple days ago (Skate 3 DLC on XBOX Series X)

Recently I decided to purchase Skate 3's DLC on my new Series X console.

When playing the game with all the DLC installed I noticed one of them, "Danny's Hawaiian Dream", was not working properly. The DLC showed up in the game's "Manage game and add-ons" menu all right. While checking the Microsoft Store, the DLC in question had an "Installed" tag on it while all the others had an "Owned" tag on them - I thought nothing of it.

So I uninstalled the game and its DLC to see if that would fix it. Then, I tried reinstalling everything. The content installed everything except for the troublesome DLC - now, it wouldn't even show up on the "Manage game and add-ons" screen. After this, the DLC would show up on the store as if I had never even bought it. I tried looking at my "Order history" and sure enough, there it was with a "Complete" tag next to it and everything.

I tried contacting Microsoft's support chat and they were extremely unhelpful, even told me to contact the wrong publisher. I have sent a support ticket to EA but they have yet to get back to me.

What can I do to access content I just paid for? Did I get completely screwed by either Microsoft or EA?

Hopefully somebody here can help...

Thank you in advance!

:)

João Lisboa, May 14, 2021
  2. João Lisboa Win User

I have tried power cycling, removing and re-adding my account, and then power cycling again - the issue still persists.
  3. João Lisboa Win User

I have once again contacted Microsoft support where I was urged to request a refund. After waiting a couple of days for my request to get processed I was denied the refund because "[Microsoft's] refund policy doesn't allow refunds for digital game products that have been played or consumed". I can only assume this was the case because I DID download the DLC in question (even though it never worked with my install of the game). I am absolutely shocked at how poorly this whole ordeal has gone... Even if I do decide to repurchase the content, I have no guarantee that this situation won't just happen all over again. I am at a loss for words.
  4. XBF Mohammed C Win User

You might want to try performing a quick power cycle for your console.

I would also suggest removing and reading your profile as it helps in such issues.
  5. João Lisboa Win User

I have received a response from EA support and they have told me they are "unable to provide the resolution to [my] concern", and have suggested that I contact Microsoft support - which I already have, where they told me to contact the game's publisher, that being EA. 🙄

I will try to once again contact Microsoft support when I am able to during the week (seeing as they are closed on weekends) to try and solve this issue.
  6. Miss All Sunday Win User

Sims 4 won't play on Series X

Hi

So I tried what you suggested:

1. New profile on series X will load the Sims 4 but without access to any paid dlc

2. Main profile on Xbox one will load Sims 4 with dlc

During this test I went back to test main profile again on series X and it let me back in. However this was with no dlc.

When I installed all dlc again it stopped me loading in and booted back to dashboard at the same place.

I am now going to load in each dlc one at a time to see if I can pin point which one is causing the problem and will reply again.
Thema:

1. Lost access to DLC I paid for just a couple days ago (Skate 3 DLC on XBOX Series X) - Similar Threads - Lost access DLC

2. My account had been hacked and I lost access to it

in XBoX Accessibility
    My account had been hacked and I lost access to it: so I created new one using same adress, but can I in some way regain access to the old one even if it's overwritten with new one? Back in the day when i tried to log in it was said that there is...
  3. I lost my access to my Minecraft Account

in XBoX Accessibility
    I lost my access to my Minecraft Account: I migrated my account around a year ago to my Microsoft account, and I could use Minecraft my Java Edition just fine with my account. I then replaced my PC and had to redownload all my apps after...
  4. I Bought dragon ball fighterz 2020 and minecraft like 7 years and lost access to both...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I Bought dragon ball fighterz 2020 and minecraft like 7 years and lost access to both...: This is proof i owned the game in 2020. It wont show on my purchase history and this was before it was on gamepass. [img] eefe38b1-22c8-40f6-a9a2-c2f00192f2b9
  5. Xbox/Microsoft account email changed randomly and I lost access to the account.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox/Microsoft account email changed randomly and I lost access to the account.: Around 8-9 years ago I lost access to my original Xbox account out of no where. When I try to log into it I can see that the email was changed to an email I never created. It is the email I had on...
  6. I lost access to minecraft completely

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I lost access to minecraft completely: I succesully migrated my account about 2 years ago, and I was able to play the game. (java edition) But after taking a break last year, the game has completely disappeared from my microsoft...
  7. I have lost access to my old xbox account

in XBoX Accessibility
    I have lost access to my old xbox account: Hello, i’ve been trying to log into my old xbox account but i’ve forgotten the email and password used to login. There’s also no phone number linked, the account name is ‘jays solos’. I was...
  8. Need Assistance: Hacked Microsoft Account, Lost Gamertag and Minecraft Access

in XBoX Accessibility
    Need Assistance: Hacked Microsoft Account, Lost Gamertag and Minecraft Access: My Microsoft account got hacked and deleted, so I made a new one with the same Gmail. Now, I can't access my gamertag and Minecraft Java account. I can still find my old gamertag, but I'm lost on...
  9. I have lost access to my account

in XBoX Accessibility
    I have lost access to my account: Hello, I had an Xbox for about a year until about a year ago, when it broke. I recently tried logging into my Xbox account on my PC as I was thinking about getting a new one. When it came to the...
  10. my microsoft account got hacked, lost access to all features

in XBoX Accessibility
    my microsoft account got hacked, lost access to all features: my microsoft account got hacked. If I choose to reset the passwort, the default mail address shown in the pop-up window is not mine (false account: ag*****@mailbox.in.ua). The account restoring...