losing picture on series X / static interruption when playing 4k/HDR video apps through...

Discus and support losing picture on series X / static interruption when playing 4k/HDR video apps through... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Is there any fix to this? I've seen users report static/hdmi handshake issues when using the streaming apps on series X. I'm definitely experiencing... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Hook13, Dec 31, 2021.

1. Hook13
    Hook13 Guest

losing picture on series X / static interruption when playing 4k/HDR video apps through...

Is there any fix to this? I've seen users report static/hdmi handshake issues when using the streaming apps on series X. I'm definitely experiencing this, I have a new 2021 denon receiver, and a 4k projector. Using netflix/etc sometimes causes static/loss of picture/interruptions....especially when switching back and forth between games. It's very frustrating, to the point i'm not using the xbox as my dedicated media player anymore, just games. I've tried turning off auto HDR and some of the other recommendations, but seems like it really needs an update or something.

:)

Hook13, Dec 31, 2021
  2. SwordofWhedon Win User

losing picture on series X / static interruption when playing 4k/HDR video apps through reciever

Have you tried going directly into the TV? If so and that works, have you tried using audio return doing that?
  3. Edgecrusher93 Win User

Sony Receiver STR-HD790

When i connect the Xbox directly to my projector 4k HDR 60hz game play is supported and works. When I pass through the Sony receiver 4k HDR 60hz gameplay is not supported. The Xbox says going through a receiver may limit support. But, the PS4 and my gaming
    PC support 4k HDR 60hz gameplay passing through the projector. Just seems strange that the Xbox doesnt support this receiver. Makes we worried about future Series X compatibility as well...
  4. SimplyRuby Win User

Captures not uploading in 4K HDR

I have the xbox one x with a 4k tv it does take the 4k hdr pictures its just when they upload to my phone or twitter it looks like the sdr version and not 4k hdr
  5. ROBIN H 25 Win User

White Flickers while watching movies/streaming? 4k UHD 60hz monitor no HDR

I had the same / similar issue with my old 4K 60hz none HDR / HDMI 2.0 monitor when watching movies and some times in games with the Series X,

As soon as i upgraded my monitor to a 4K 144hz monitor that has HDR / HDMI 2.1 ports, i no longer had this problem,

I'm not sure what the problem is, but my guess is that the HDMI 2.1 port on Series X doesn't play well with HDMI 2.0 port of monitors, or it's the Series X trying to force HDR on, even if the monitor does not have / support HDR and the HDR in Series X menu's is turned off.
  6. TheDecn Win User

Netflix: No UHD on XBOX One S

I can verify this issue...Netflix UHD does not work on Xbox One S. I have a Vizio M55-D0 with the latest firmware enabling HD10 support. My TV is now recognized by the One S video settings as 4K HDR capable. I am able to enable HDR support and it works beautifully
    with the Blu-Ray app (Mad Max 4K Blu Ray playing 4K, 24fps, HDR as verified by the Vizio settings app). However when I start Netflix, the screen flashes, colors mute, and video fails to switch to HDR or 24fps. Netflix app is clearly broken right now for HDR.
    If I switch HDR off on the One S, Netflix app is fine, plays 4K correctly, colors are fine obviously no HDR.
Thema:

1. losing picture on series X / static interruption when playing 4k/HDR video apps through... - Similar Threads - losing picture series

2. Xbox losing wireless signal

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox losing wireless signal: I have been having an issue when playing a couple of games, those being Dead Island 2 and Fortnite where randomly my console seems to lose all wireless connections for a split second and then...
  3. Why would I lose storage on my Xbox One S?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why would I lose storage on my Xbox One S?: I have a 1tb Xbox One S. Recently it changed the size of the storage and I am unsure why. I used to have around 900GB for storage after console software took up some. After having an issue with an...
  4. Is there a way to fix your control losing connection after clipping something

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is there a way to fix your control losing connection after clipping something: Usally when i attempt to clip a moment in the game after i press the button to clip. My remotes enters "pairing mode" as it blinks and goes on and off. On the screen it asks me to confirm my...
  5. Why does the Xbox series X lose WiFi connection capability when the console power shuts off?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why does the Xbox series X lose WiFi connection capability when the console power shuts off?: Hello, I bought the series X last week and I have had constant issues with Xbox not connecting to the WiFi, after it was set up, when I start the system. Absolutely nothing changes. The system...
  6. Why do I lose Atmos surround sound when I plug a headset into my wired controller?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why do I lose Atmos surround sound when I plug a headset into my wired controller?: The moment I plug my headset in to my Razer Wolverine V2 controller the sound mode on my XBOX changes the audio output to stereo uncompressed. The sound output cannot be changed back to any type...
  7. So my computer, after running for a day loses an option to connect to any wifi and I can’t...

in XBoX on Consoles
    So my computer, after running for a day loses an option to connect to any wifi and I can’t...: Whenever I shut down my gaming computer as I’m done for the night, when I open it in the morning I don’t have any wifi nor any way to see my possible connections, as it only recognizes an ether...
  8. can i get a new xbox after losing mine to a house fire

in XBoX on Consoles
    can i get a new xbox after losing mine to a house fire: I recently lost my xbox to a fire just January 18,2023 and i was wonder if there would be a way to be able to replace or get a new one without a big amount of money included . I have pictures of...
  9. losing money cant log in email trap

in XboX Insiders
    losing money cant log in email trap: I had account for a decade at least and account keeps getting security blocked every time i try to log in to use my paid for services. Even if i put in my password correct it asks for MORE and...
  10. Series X repeatedly loses picture while everything else functions

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X repeatedly loses picture while everything else functions: So I've been trying to figure this out for months now and have come up empty handed. Heres what happens. Everything works perfectly as it should, and remains that way for a couple hours-ish. Then...