Loose screw in system

Discus and support Loose screw in system in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; One of the screws that holds the back panel in place slipped out of my fingers and fell through the vents by the disc drive while I was cleaning the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Elijahvan der Merwe, Nov 23, 2021.

1. Loose screw in system

One of the screws that holds the back panel in place slipped out of my fingers and fell through the vents by the disc drive while I was cleaning the console. I can hear it rattle when I shake the Xbox. I can't get it to fall out nor can I see it. And I don't trust myself to open it further. Would it be safe to play or does that screw have to come out first? Of course I'd really prefer to get the screw out but I Do not have the correct screwdriver and I'm afraid of damaging it further. It's a Series X.

:)

Elijahvan der Merwe, Nov 23, 2021
  2. Elijahvan der Merwe Win User

Loose screw in system

Thank you Jesse but believe it or not I literally got the screw out about five minutes ago by turning the Xbox upside down and gently shaking it. Took about twenty minutes though, thought it was hopeless. But thank you again Jesse, I never would have thought about sending it to Microsoft.
  3. Jesse E' Win User

Loose screw in system

Hello, My name is Jesse. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

First I believe if the screw is resting on one corner of the console, then it should be safe and won't cause any internal damage. However, if you'd like to get it out I'll suggest you don't do that yourself, rather send the device to Microsoft for warranty fix and they'll get it out for you. You can see instructions on that here https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-ne....
  4. ReeceLad Win User

Loose screw in my controller

5. Tezzerrific Win User

Loose screw in series x

depends if the screws causes a short it has the potential to cause a fire. Quality control for various items from all manufacturers has fallen drastically over the past year, i would not settle for that and would want the store to replace it there and then, i would not even settle for sending to microsoft as you will get a refurb.
  6. SteenSneeze Win User

Loose screw in my controller

Hello,

I would recommend sending it to XBOX Service Centre since they have the proper tools to fix your issue.
Thema:

Loose screw in system

1. Loose screw in system - Similar Threads - Loose screw system

2. Xbox elite wireless controller series 2 rubber grip coming loose

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox elite wireless controller series 2 rubber grip coming loose: The right hand rubber grip has started to work loose from the controller, how do I get it repaired? Many thanks, David 8c725e43-a109-46f0-ba31-3889431b1181
  3. How can i fix a loose cmos in a lenovo laptop?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How can i fix a loose cmos in a lenovo laptop?: I have a lenovo ideapad gaming 3 ryzen 5 6600h rtx 3050 15ARH7, and the cmos is loose for some reason, the laptop still turns on and works fine, but i still don't want to have the cmos flailing...
  4. Microsoft soft let me buy he’ll let loose on my Xbox one

in XBoX Accessibility
    Microsoft soft let me buy he’ll let loose on my Xbox one: Microsoft soft let me buy he’ll let loose on my Xbox one and didn’t tell me it was only compatible with the newest Xbox x/s online it says able to play on Xbox one so I have bought a game that...
  5. Hell Let Loose on PC gamepass is broken

in XBoX on Windows
    Hell Let Loose on PC gamepass is broken: Hell Let Loose on PC gamepass is broken f97444c3-9dab-489f-9027-0f31cc7ed897
  6. Loose and not working wired headset, why is it like that?

in XBoX on Windows
    Loose and not working wired headset, why is it like that?: I have a question, I bought a official wired headset from Xbox. But when I tried to plug it into my Series S Controller it was very loose and it did not work, I tried finding videos and tutorials...
  7. Why don't I see hell let loose on cloud gaming

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why don't I see hell let loose on cloud gaming: Why don't I see hell let loose on cloud gaming it said it's coming to card game too so I was wondering if it still going to be on cloud gaming 1a7f8814-90ac-479a-a7a2-b68eabf23abe
  8. Xbox X Controller left stick not completely loose

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox X Controller left stick not completely loose: My Xbox series x controllers left stick is not responding immediately when moving left and right but moving up and down works fine, I Noticed that the left stick is a bit more loose than the right...
  9. Will I loose anything if I change my primary email on my Xbox account

in XboX Insiders
    Will I loose anything if I change my primary email on my Xbox account: I’ve had my Xbox for as long as I can remember and have been playing under my dad’s gmail account. Now that I’m older I would like to change the primary email of the account to my email and delete...
  10. Loose screw in my controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Loose screw in my controller: Hi I recently got a new xbox seires x controller, i could hear something rattling round inside the body of the controller so I took off one of the side grip covers to see a loose screw sitting...