"Looks like your credit card is expiring soon" but I never used a credit card with Microsoft

Discus and support "Looks like your credit card is expiring soon" but I never used a credit card with Microsoft in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Every time I open Xbox app it shows a banner saying "Looks like your credit card is expiring soon". I have never used any credit card with Microsoft. I... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by sji01, Jul 8, 2021.

1. sji01
    sji01 Guest

"Looks like your credit card is expiring soon" but I never used a credit card with Microsoft

Every time I open Xbox app it shows a banner saying "Looks like your credit card is expiring soon". I have never used any credit card with Microsoft. I only have a linked PayPal account. How can I get rid of this annoying banner?

:)

sji01, Jul 8, 2021
  2. Eric the Flea Win User

You're certainly not the only one seeing this banner. I got it a month or more ago and, although I do have a card payment on my Microsoft account, the expiry date is 2025!

I even had a webchat with one of their support people, who had me delete the card and then add it back again (no change), delete the card and reset the xbox App then re-add the card (no change) and a couple of other tries that involved them resetting something at their end while my card was temporarily removed. I even tried deleting the card and using Paypal instead. No change.

Then, miraculously a week or two ago the message vanished. Hooray! Until a few days later it came back again!

It's a minor annoyance, but that's all. I simply ignore it (albeit with a nagging doubt that something is "not right" somewhere).
  3. sji01 Win User

Thanks for the suggestion, but I have been having this issue for several months. I don't think it's going away any time soon.

Also I don't think Microsoft can see my credit card associated with PayPal.
  4. The English Gamer Win User

it will disappear soon, i had the same thing and i only use paypal lol. i just ignored it. to double check log into your microsoft account and make sure there are no old payment methods stored and also check paypal to make sure your card linked with paypal is not expiring soon.
  5. arthens Win User

Looks like your credit card is expiring soon

I'm getting the same error, but I didn't even use a credit card! That's right, I purchased my Game Pass subscription using PayPal. As far as I can see I never had a credit card attached to this account.

Considering this error is being shown to people whose credit card doesn't expire for another 3 years and to people who didn't even use a credit card... I'm going to guess that this notice bar is
    [Mod Removed]. Hopefully they'll fix it soon because it is quite annoying.
  6. LanitaArceneaux Win User

Looks like your credit card is expiring soon

Im tring to cancell my subscription
Thema:

1. "Looks like your credit card is expiring soon" but I never used a credit card with Microsoft - Similar Threads - Looks credit card

2. I'm looking for some Rust friends

in XboX Insiders
    I'm looking for some Rust friends: Anybody down in playing Rust .??? If so let me know so we can team up and become friends and take over whatever we can and build and learn things together as well ... Like I said if so just let me...
  3. so my xbox wired controller is acting wierd on xbox game pass app it makes me look around...

in XBoX on Consoles
    so my xbox wired controller is acting wierd on xbox game pass app it makes me look around...: so my xbox wired controller is acting wierd on xbox game pass app it makes me look around LT and RT instead of one of my joysticks f4b7a134-1bf5-46de-a074-9f4c339e40f9
  4. As this other person said I wish U could look at your old profile pictures as I would love...

in XBoX Accessibility
    As this other person said I wish U could look at your old profile pictures as I would love...: I hope this really does happen 27301770-5608-4b09-bd41-71ed6fd7e114
  5. I cant post or “be interested” in any looking for group posts

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I cant post or “be interested” in any looking for group posts: I cant post a looking for group or “be interested” on my main account but can if i make a new account i checked my moderation and ban history and i haven't received any suspensions apart from a...
  6. How do you get enforced from making a looking for group post for a roleplay community?

in XBoX on Windows
    How do you get enforced from making a looking for group post for a roleplay community?: I've been trying to recruit members for my group and every time I do my post gets taken down and I get enforced over and over again, I have many enforcements from making looking for group posts...
  7. All of my PC games keep freezing. Looking for any recommendations

in XBoX on Windows
    All of my PC games keep freezing. Looking for any recommendations: everywhere I look for answers to this problem, they keep telling me to update my display drivers (every driver on my pc is up to date and windows says there are no updates). Every game I try goes...
  8. Suspended for making innocent looking for group posts

in XBoX on Windows
    Suspended for making innocent looking for group posts: A couple of days ago I was playing R6 Siege with 2 of my friends and we decided we wanted to help out lower-level players improve, so I made a total of 3 looking for group posts across a time...
  9. Please help: looking for new headphones

in XboX Insiders
    Please help: looking for new headphones: Recently bought VOID RBG elite wireless headphones, but quickly realized they do not work with Xbox one. Looking for recommendations on headphones to use. I’ve been thinking of these two: turtle...
  10. SideBar costume suggestion PLS LOOK

in XboX Insiders
    SideBar costume suggestion PLS LOOK: Ca you make it so you can customize you side bar solid colours or game backgrounds maybe characters like masterchief or batman etc. I love you console <3 submitted by /u/That-Ad-4006 [link]...