Looks like the power supply has blown

Discus and support Looks like the power supply has blown in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi, My son was playing his Xbox One S when he said there was a loud pop and he lost power. I have changed the fuse in the plug and tried a different... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by SplitMercury555, Oct 17, 2017.

1. Looks like the power supply has blown

Hi,

My son was playing his Xbox One S when he said there was a loud pop and he lost power. I have changed the fuse in the plug and tried a different lead but to no avail.

I had an online chat with MS Support who offered to open a case and have me send the console back to MS for repair as it is under warranty, but this may take up to 21 days. I enquired about a more local route and was advised I couls take it to a MS centre
    for local repair.

However, I can't find one. I thought there would be a retail store in Manchester, UK or a certified repair centre but I can't find one.

What are my local repair options?

Steve.

:)

SplitMercury555, Oct 17, 2017
  2. wan n only
    wan n only Guest
    Xbox one power supply or Console burned?

i ordered a new Xbox from the US but did not check the power supply voltage before connecting it to my 240V power outlet.

now its blown. the power supply has a burned smell. am not sure if the Xbox has also been affected. would the Xbox have survived? can i use warranty to replace power supply?

thanks in advance

wan n only, Oct 17, 2017
  3. asde
    asde Guest
    XBOX ONE POWER SUPPLY CABLE

THE AC POWER SUPPLY IN MY COUNTRY NIGERIA HAS JUST BLOWN THE POWER SUPPLY CABLE OF MY XBOX.I PURCHASED IT ONLINE FROM BEST BUY IN THE UNITED STATES.HOW CAN I GET A REPLACEMENT AS I BELIEVE IM UNDER WARRANTY.THANKS

4. SigmaTheDJ
    SigmaTheDJ Guest

Can you not just get the retailer to replace it? If it's under warranty, they should replace it for you.

SigmaTheDJ, Oct 18, 2017
  5. MattyMidway
    MattyMidway Guest
    Before you go crazy running the console around everywhere, see if your son has a friend with a similar console and power supply. Have them bring the power supply over and test the new power supply on your sons console. Chances are the console should still
    power up if it was a power surge that only fried the "power brick". Inside that large black box on the power cord is a fuse that's there to protect the console from power surges. My power supply got fried when my house was hit by lightning and I was told
    the console was toast. I spent $45.00 on a new Official Microsoft power supply after I had a friend bring theirs by and I was back in business!

If it's not the power brick that fried, I'd recommend sending it into Microsoft for repair as the Warranty would still be honored. If another shop that is not a certified Microsoft repair facility works on it, kiss that warranty goodbye!

Either way, the choice is yours honestly. If you'd rather not spend money on something that is under warranty, send it out to Microsoft for repair. If you'd rather not wait the 21 days for a free repair, see if you can test another power supply out on
    your sons console. If it works, it might be a simple trip to the local gaming shop (Gamestop, Best Buy, etc) and pick up a new power supply.

Good luck!

MattyMidway, Oct 18, 2017
  6. SigmaTheDJ
    SigmaTheDJ Guest
    That would be good advice for someone with an OG Xbox One, but he has an Xbox One S which has an internal power supply.

SigmaTheDJ, Oct 18, 2017
  7. I purchased from argos.co.uk and checked their website. They say in the first instance contact the supplier, which I did, but so say if it is less than 1 year they will assess it and repair but don't say how. I'll contact them in the morning.

Steve.

SplitMercury555, Oct 18, 2017
  8. Looks like the power supply has blown

HI,

As mentioned elsewhere on the thread this is an Xbox One S so the power supply is built in. And I have tried another lead and the same lead with a new fuse. I think it is the internal power unit which has blown.

Thanks.

Steve.

SplitMercury555, Nov 1, 2018
  9. SigmaTheDJ Win User

Have them bring the power supply over and test the new power supply on your sons console.
    That would be good advice for someone with an OG Xbox One, but he has an Xbox One S which has an internal power supply.
  10. MattyMidway Win User

Before you go crazy running the console around everywhere, see if your son has a friend with a similar console and power supply. Have them bring the power supply over and test the new power supply on your sons console. Chances are the console should still
    power up if it was a power surge that only fried the "power brick". Inside that large black box on the power cord is a fuse that's there to protect the console from power surges. My power supply got fried when my house was hit by lightning and I was told
    the console was toast. I spent $45.00 on a new Official Microsoft power supply after I had a friend bring theirs by and I was back in business!

If it's not the power brick that fried, I'd recommend sending it into Microsoft for repair as the Warranty would still be honored. If another shop that is not a certified Microsoft repair facility works on it, kiss that warranty goodbye!

Either way, the choice is yours honestly. If you'd rather not spend money on something that is under warranty, send it out to Microsoft for repair. If you'd rather not wait the 21 days for a free repair, see if you can test another power supply out on
    your sons console. If it works, it might be a simple trip to the local gaming shop (Gamestop, Best Buy, etc) and pick up a new power supply.

Good luck!
  11. SplitMercury555 Win User

Good luck!
    HI,

As mentioned elsewhere on the thread this is an Xbox One S so the power supply is built in. And I have tried another lead and the same lead with a new fuse. I think it is the internal power unit which has blown.

Thanks.

Steve.
  12. SplitMercury555 Win User

Can you not just get the retailer to replace it? If it's under warranty, they should replace it for you.
    I purchased from argos.co.uk and checked their website. They say in the first instance contact the supplier, which I did, but so say if it is less than 1 year they will assess it and repair but don't say how. I'll contact them in the morning.

Steve.
  13. SigmaTheDJ Win User

Thema:

1. Looks like the power supply has blown - Similar Threads - Looks power supply

2. I'm looking for some Rust friends

in XboX Insiders
    I'm looking for some Rust friends: Anybody down in playing Rust .??? If so let me know so we can team up and become friends and take over whatever we can and build and learn things together as well ... Like I said if so just let me...
  3. so my xbox wired controller is acting wierd on xbox game pass app it makes me look around...

in XBoX on Consoles
    so my xbox wired controller is acting wierd on xbox game pass app it makes me look around...: so my xbox wired controller is acting wierd on xbox game pass app it makes me look around LT and RT instead of one of my joysticks f4b7a134-1bf5-46de-a074-9f4c339e40f9
  4. As this other person said I wish U could look at your old profile pictures as I would love...

in XBoX Accessibility
    As this other person said I wish U could look at your old profile pictures as I would love...: I hope this really does happen 27301770-5608-4b09-bd41-71ed6fd7e114
  5. I cant post or “be interested” in any looking for group posts

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I cant post or “be interested” in any looking for group posts: I cant post a looking for group or “be interested” on my main account but can if i make a new account i checked my moderation and ban history and i haven't received any suspensions apart from a...
  6. How do you get enforced from making a looking for group post for a roleplay community?

in XBoX on Windows
    How do you get enforced from making a looking for group post for a roleplay community?: I've been trying to recruit members for my group and every time I do my post gets taken down and I get enforced over and over again, I have many enforcements from making looking for group posts...
  7. All of my PC games keep freezing. Looking for any recommendations

in XBoX on Windows
    All of my PC games keep freezing. Looking for any recommendations: everywhere I look for answers to this problem, they keep telling me to update my display drivers (every driver on my pc is up to date and windows says there are no updates). Every game I try goes...
  8. Suspended for making innocent looking for group posts

in XBoX on Windows
    Suspended for making innocent looking for group posts: A couple of days ago I was playing R6 Siege with 2 of my friends and we decided we wanted to help out lower-level players improve, so I made a total of 3 looking for group posts across a time...
  9. Please help: looking for new headphones

in XboX Insiders
    Please help: looking for new headphones: Recently bought VOID RBG elite wireless headphones, but quickly realized they do not work with Xbox one. Looking for recommendations on headphones to use. I’ve been thinking of these two: turtle...
  10. whatr does the power supply on xbox one s look like and what is the dc volts ande amps does...

in XBoX on Consoles
    whatr does the power supply on xbox one s look like and what is the dc volts ande amps does...: whatr does the power supply on xbox one s look like and what is the dc volts ande amps does it have ff6e25c7-efc7-441f-bf36-1f1b55df0c9b