Looks like something went wrong We weren't able to install the app (0x80004004)

Discus and support Looks like something went wrong We weren't able to install the app (0x80004004) in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Unable to Install the Xbox app on PC via MS Store and XBOXInstaller.exe Able to Install other apps from ms store only problem is installation of Xbox... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by STALINS1, Dec 3, 2023.

1. STALINS1
    STALINS1 Guest

Unable to Install the Xbox app on PC via MS Store and XBOXInstaller.exe

Able to Install other apps from ms store only problem is installation of Xbox App from Store

System Configuration/Specification

• Operating System: Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 22631) (22621.ni_release.220506-1250)
    • Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
    • System Manufacturer: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC.
    • System Model: ASUS TUF Gaming A15 FA506IHRB_FA506IHRZ
    • Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 4600H with Radeon Graphics (12 CPUs), ~3.0GHz
    • Memory: 16384MB RAM
    • Available OS Memory: 15790MB RAM
    • DirectX Version: DirectX 12

What I already tried:

1. Microsoft store Reset, Repair, Terminate.
    2. sfc scan
    3. Reinstalltion of Xbox Identity Provider

Looks like something went wrong We weren't able to install the app (0x80004004) [​IMG]

Looks like something went wrong We weren't able to install the app (0x80004004) [​IMG]

:)

STALINS1, Dec 3, 2023
  2. Nkosana23 Win User

Hi. My name is Brilliant, an independent advisor. I am happy to assist you today.

Here are a few troubleshooting tips you can try to resolve your query:
    - Restart your device.
    - Update Windows.
    - Update your device drivers.
    - Update the Xbox and Gaming Services apps.
    - Sign into the Xbox app and Store using the same account.
    - Remove and reinstall Gaming Services.
    - Make sure your date and time is correct.
    - Disable your antivirus.
    - Use the app troubleshooter.
    - Repair and reset the Xbox app.

For more details on the above and more troubleshooting tips, kindly visit: https://support.xbox.com/help/games-apps/troubleshooting/troubleshoot-games-windows-10

I hope this helps.
  3. SammyVS Win User

Looks like something went wrong we weren't able to install the app (0x80070005)

I'm Samy an independent advisor. Welcome to the Xbox community. How are you?

These steps can help you, give it a try.

Check for updates on Windows Update, update everything including optional/additional updates.

1. Logout from Xbox app and Microsoft Store app

2. Look for the Xbox app and Microsoft Store app in the Windows menu, right-click, click app settings and then click terminate, restore and reset.

3. Clear the store cache type ''wsreset'' in the Windows bar, run as admin, and wait for the screen to close and open the store automatically.

4. Open the Microsoft Store app, click on the 3 dots in the upper right corner>downloads updates>get updates and update everything.

5. Restart your PC, log in to both apps and try again.
  4. Corsa779 Win User

Looks like something went wrong we weren't able to install the app (0x80070005)

I get the same thing while trying to install Forza Horizon 4/Motorsport 7, This issue has been going on for 3 MONTHS AND STILL NO FIX
  5. --DK-- Win User

Can't reinstall the Xbox App on windows 10! error 0x80190194

I have the exact same problem. The message says "Looks like something went wrong. We weren't able to install the app (0x80190194)"

I also have the latest version of Windows 10 and have tried installing it on two different drives with no success.
  6. JosefLBohorquez Win User

We weren't able to Install the app (0xUnknownAppInstall)

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this Itzzdev

Please tell me:
    What are your hardware specs?
    Are you using windows 10 or 11?
    If you try installing a different app the same happens or is this happening only with Minecraft?
    Are you using a virtual machine?

And please describe me briefly what else did you tried to fix this
    In that way I can advise you different things or how to proceed
Thema:

1. Looks like something went wrong We weren't able to install the app (0x80004004) - Similar Threads - Looks something went

2. Someone is making looking for group posts about me but only harrassing me through the " #...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Someone is making looking for group posts about me but only harrassing me through the " #...: Someone is making looking for group posts about me but only harrassing me through the " # " system xbox report program is not counting this as harassment please help they are posting daily about...
  3. Are new Microsoft Series X console boxes supposed to look like this?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Are new Microsoft Series X console boxes supposed to look like this?: I had a Target order for a Series X that arrived last week. One of the pieces of security tape looked messed with a bit and had some finger prints under the tape, so I returned it for a new one...
  4. My storage expansion card doesn’t register and I looked inside the groves are messed up for...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My storage expansion card doesn’t register and I looked inside the groves are messed up for...: I looked into the xbox storage expansion slot and see that the groves are messed up 99f4ff2b-71f5-4976-ad6c-1290f1a79304
  5. hello my friends, look at my games and add me if you want

in XboX Insiders
    hello my friends, look at my games and add me if you want: Chcete byť priateľmi s používateľom Stephan#2447 v Xboxe? Kliknite na prepojenie. https://www.xbox.com/play/share/friend/25MnYsitWA submitted by /u/Stephan-14 [link] [comments]
  6. Among Us, playing from the cloud on mobile, is left thinking in a loop while looking for an...

in XboX Insiders
    Among Us, playing from the cloud on mobile, is left thinking in a loop while looking for an...: When I play using the cloud on my mobile it stays looking for online games in a loop. In the cloud console it works correctly. submitted by /u/xL3aMS1x [link] [comments]
  7. I have been suspended for posting a Looking for Group on Diablo 4. Nothing I posted...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I have been suspended for posting a Looking for Group on Diablo 4. Nothing I posted...: How do I get suspension lifted? 04be1db3-fed4-4cc4-8d4b-0283013dc8cb
  8. Looking For Group on Xbox Game Bar doesn't detect that I am playing Minecraft

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Looking For Group on Xbox Game Bar doesn't detect that I am playing Minecraft: I used to have no problems with the looking for group widget in the Xbox game bar. Now, every time I play Minecraft (Windows Version) it fails to detect that I am playing it. Every time I go to...
  9. Discord says sorry looks like you were disconnected try connecting again

in XboX Insiders
    Discord says sorry looks like you were disconnected try connecting again: I need help for this everything ive found on it has been outdated and not helpful submitted by /u/Greedy-End-8084 [link] [comments]
  10. Oops. Looks like something went wrong

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Oops. Looks like something went wrong: Have recently been having issues accessing the Rewards app on Xbox series S. I get the message to check my location everytime I open the app which was fine because on opening the app again I could...