Looking for insight into what aspect of the Code of Conduct I violated to justify a...

Discus and support Looking for insight into what aspect of the Code of Conduct I violated to justify a... in XBoX Rewards & Social to solve the problem; Hi everyone, I've been on Xbox for well over a decade, and I always try to help people wherever and whenever I can. My brother and I were accused of... Discussion in 'XBoX Rewards & Social' started by Jake Russ, Dec 3, 2022.

1. Jake Russ
    Jake Russ Guest

Looking for insight into what aspect of the Code of Conduct I violated to justify a...

Hi everyone, I've been on Xbox for well over a decade, and I always try to help people wherever and whenever I can.

My brother and I were accused of "soft-locking", and although I'm not sure what this means, I assume it alludes to cheating which, as far as I'm aware, isn't possible on consoles.

I replied, "I understand losing sucks, but there isn't any need to accuse people pointlessly".

I was communications banned for four days following this message, I've read the Code of Conduct several times, and I'm not sure what I did wrong; however, I'd like to know so I can avoid this in the future.

Additionally, the person in question went onto my Twitch profile and proceeded to bombard me with insults via Xbox regarding my daughter's "stupid" name (she has a Polish spelling of a common name in honour of my wife's paternal lineage) and wishing harm upon both her and my wife (death via various means), along with insulting my appearance ("musky", "disgusting" etc..).

How can the individual in question say whatever he/she likes and receive no punishment? In contrast, when I say what I believe is an innocuous statement, I'm prevented from using Xbox social features.

I'm aware nobody here can assist with the ban itself (yes, I have appealed), I'm just looking for insight into what I did wrong.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can offer any advice.

- Jake

:)

Jake Russ, Dec 3, 2022
  2. Dérek Augusto Win User

Looking for insight into what aspect of the Code of Conduct I violated to justify a temporary ban.

Hello!

My name is Dérek, I'm an independent platform consultant and I'm grateful for the opportunity to help you.

Jake, anyway, I'm really sorry that you've encountered players like that.

Unfortunately, it is difficult for me to analyze the situation without the complete context. But apparently you really didn't do anything wrong.

What may have happened is that the user somehow mobilized some players to file a complaint against his account. (it's just a theory ok?)

Have you appealed for punishment, and been sent the answer already?

Did you open a ticket reporting the user too?

I remain at your disposal if you have any further questions.
  3. ngocphi Win User

Looking for insight into what aspect of the Code of Conduct I violated to justify a temporary ban.

Trash talking is allowed but in moderation best to block and ignore and report in those types of situations as mentioned

If.that wasn't the only msg they don't list.everything

According to your post it under case review
  4. ngocphi Win User

Well first twitch is its own network for enforcement you.would need to address it with them.

Second you don't retaliate with words you block and ignore and report thats all you are allowed to do and no you don't get feedback on your reports as it's between them.and enforcement

So no you don't know if he got an enforcement or not

It doesnt matter who starts a fight breaking the rules isn't justified are you sure your brother didnt send a msg on your account

You can appeal at enforcement.xbox.com
  5. Jake Russ Win User

Hi thanks for replying.

Sorry I should've clarified; they saw my appearance and personal information via seeing my Twitch; however, all communication was via Xbox.

I wasn't fighting; it literally says my ban was for the message I've put in the original post which I sent myself.

You also can see if the other person has received an enforcement action as it deletes the offending message.

My question is what about this message is "breaking the rules".

Thanks

[​IMG]
  6. Smwutches Win User

Microsfot/xbox problems

There's nothing to justify when it comes to profanity. It's a violation of the code of conduct. There are no exceptions.
Thema:

1. Looking for insight into what aspect of the Code of Conduct I violated to justify a... - Similar Threads - Looking insight aspect

2. I'm looking for some Rust friends

in XboX Insiders
    I'm looking for some Rust friends: Anybody down in playing Rust .??? If so let me know so we can team up and become friends and take over whatever we can and build and learn things together as well ... Like I said if so just let me...
  3. so my xbox wired controller is acting wierd on xbox game pass app it makes me look around...

in XBoX on Consoles
    so my xbox wired controller is acting wierd on xbox game pass app it makes me look around...: so my xbox wired controller is acting wierd on xbox game pass app it makes me look around LT and RT instead of one of my joysticks f4b7a134-1bf5-46de-a074-9f4c339e40f9
  4. As this other person said I wish U could look at your old profile pictures as I would love...

in XBoX Accessibility
    As this other person said I wish U could look at your old profile pictures as I would love...: I hope this really does happen 27301770-5608-4b09-bd41-71ed6fd7e114
  5. I cant post or “be interested” in any looking for group posts

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I cant post or “be interested” in any looking for group posts: I cant post a looking for group or “be interested” on my main account but can if i make a new account i checked my moderation and ban history and i haven't received any suspensions apart from a...
  6. How do you get enforced from making a looking for group post for a roleplay community?

in XBoX on Windows
    How do you get enforced from making a looking for group post for a roleplay community?: I've been trying to recruit members for my group and every time I do my post gets taken down and I get enforced over and over again, I have many enforcements from making looking for group posts...
  7. All of my PC games keep freezing. Looking for any recommendations

in XBoX on Windows
    All of my PC games keep freezing. Looking for any recommendations: everywhere I look for answers to this problem, they keep telling me to update my display drivers (every driver on my pc is up to date and windows says there are no updates). Every game I try goes...
  8. Suspended for making innocent looking for group posts

in XBoX on Windows
    Suspended for making innocent looking for group posts: A couple of days ago I was playing R6 Siege with 2 of my friends and we decided we wanted to help out lower-level players improve, so I made a total of 3 looking for group posts across a time...
  9. Please help: looking for new headphones

in XboX Insiders
    Please help: looking for new headphones: Recently bought VOID RBG elite wireless headphones, but quickly realized they do not work with Xbox one. Looking for recommendations on headphones to use. I’ve been thinking of these two: turtle...
  10. SideBar costume suggestion PLS LOOK

in XboX Insiders
    SideBar costume suggestion PLS LOOK: Ca you make it so you can customize you side bar solid colours or game backgrounds maybe characters like masterchief or batman etc. I love you console <3 submitted by /u/That-Ad-4006 [link]...