Looking for information about the types of plastics used in the Series X controller

Discus and support Looking for information about the types of plastics used in the Series X controller in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I seem to have stumped Microsoft here. I would just like to know what kind of plastic is used for the thumbsticks (the part that you touch, not the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by JMND1, Oct 25, 2022.

1. JMND1
    JMND1 Guest

Looking for information about the types of plastics used in the Series X controller

I seem to have stumped Microsoft here. I would just like to know what kind of plastic is used for the thumbsticks (the part that you touch, not the internal stick) and shell of the Series X controller. There are lots of kinds of plastics, obviously, but the only answer I can get so far is "plastic." Somebody must know this, but I cannot find it online anywhere. Anybody out there know this one?

:)

JMND1, Oct 25, 2022
  2. Eletricdrum Win User

Hi, my name is Fernando and I am an independent consultant for Microsoft products.

The controllers contain a portion of resins made from recycled materials like automotive headlight covers, plastic water jugs and CDs know as PCR resins (post-consumer recycled).

You can check the information here:

https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2021/03/25/new-xbox...*ivFEQ&ranSiteID=kXQk6.ivFEQ-ohuHmZaXAJdE4Jfm.5W5og&epi=kXQk6.ivFEQ-ohuHmZaXAJdE4Jfm.5W5og&irgwc=1&OCID=AID2200057_aff_7593_1243925&tduid=%28ir__q0etudcptwkfrmvy0jd6oxxa1e2xqqk6fut1yz6300%29%287593%29%281243925%29%28kXQk6.ivFEQ-ohuHmZaXAJdE4Jfm.5W5og%29%28%29&irclickid=_q0etudcptwkfrmvy0jd6oxxa1e2xqqk6fut1yz6300
  3. JMND1 Win User

Thanks for the reply, Fernando, but I’m trying to track down information about the regular old stock series x controller that you get with the console. The story you linked to discussed two new controllers (at least the colors are new). If anything, this story would have to confirm that the regular old series x controller is NOT PCR, since using PCR on these new controllers is deemed newsworthy. Anybody else have any idea here? I have a hunch that the whole thing (the regular series x controller) is made with ABS, but I can’t seem to find any information that supports that guess.
  4. Eletricdrum Win User

I got that...

I'm pretty sure the old Xbox controller is made with ABS but I have no official information about that...
  5. CCN_HsK Win User

Xbox Series X type-c port?

On the video, Xbox Series X has USB type A only.

The new controller, I think is type-A (Xbox Series X) to type-c (controller). (Elite2 is a to c usb)
  6. WUIJIBOBO Win User

xbox controller manual

Which Xbox controller are you referring to?

There's some information about the Xbox One controller at this link.

The Xbox Series X and Series S controllers are very similar.
Thema:

1. Looking for information about the types of plastics used in the Series X controller - Similar Threads - Looking information types

2. I'm looking for a single player pc game

in XBoX on Windows
    I'm looking for a single player pc game: Good morning friends I'm looking for a single player pc game of merchant sea and pirates Which one do you have to offer me? 875c1e8d-78ec-4cbf-a009-81e24489f9e5
  3. Looking for group issue

in XBoX on Windows
    Looking for group issue: Hi, there is currently a exploit in the report system of where you report any looking for group post for "spam or advertising" it would result in 75% of the time the poster of the looking for...
  4. looking for group not working -pc

in XBoX on Consoles
    looking for group not working -pc: iam on pc and my xbox game bar looking for group tab is not working it says "launch a game" when i allready have a game on 1aa5cb1e-d1fc-4926-9464-53940cd24207
  5. Xbox series X screens looks broken and crazy colors when starting HD game

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series X screens looks broken and crazy colors when starting HD game: I got my Xbox series X about a month or two ago and have had no issues. Today, every time I start a game that has HD enabled, my screen looks cracked with crazy bright colors. I tested non HD...
  6. Help with Gaming Monitor - Looking at Ultrawide

in XBoX on Consoles
    Help with Gaming Monitor - Looking at Ultrawide: Hello, I really want an ultra wide monitor but I'm concerned with the sizing issue and possible compatibility issues. Wanted to get some feedback. I also do school and work from home. I would...
  7. i am looking to buy a xbox controller since my main controller has stick drift but im not...

in XBoX on Consoles
    i am looking to buy a xbox controller since my main controller has stick drift but im not...: So within the next few weeks i plan on getting another controller, but im not sure what one to choose from. my budget is 67 dollars. I went on sites like amazon, gamestop, and bestbuy and went...
  8. There a problem posting your looking for Group

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    There a problem posting your looking for Group: i been facing this since a year pls help me fix this problem this problem is accuring since i got banned for 4 days c684ffb7-2aab-44c2-8e8a-388700db978a
  9. Why can't I create a looking for group post?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why can't I create a looking for group post?: I have tried every youtube fix I could find, but none of them worked. I try to make an LFG post, but it says the same "unable to create Looking For Griup post" junk every time. It does the same...
  10. The graphics and colors look different on just NBA 2k so I was wondering if there was a way...

in XBoX on Consoles
    The graphics and colors look different on just NBA 2k so I was wondering if there was a way...: When i switch to NBA 2K from the home or another game the screen turns black for a few seconds and then when it turns back on the colors look not as sharp and bright....