Looking for info on downloading games & power settings

Discus and support Looking for info on downloading games & power settings in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hey guys, So I bought a new Xbox One last night (I'd had one a few months ago, but had given it away) to play the new Forza... At the store, I'd... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by JohnnyVonRotten, Oct 1, 2014.

1. Looking for info on downloading games & power settings

Hey guys,

So I bought a new Xbox One last night (I'd had one a few months ago, but had given it away) to play the new Forza...

At the store, I'd decided to hold off on purchasing the game disc so that I could buy it online once I got home. After setting up the Xbox, I purchased the game, and it was downloading at a disappointing, truly glacial pace. After an hour, I think it was
    around 8%.

I ended up going to bed without actually playing the game.

Before going to bed, I'd jumped into the power settings so that the console would stay on a little while, and still download the game while I was sleeping...

But I seem to remember hearing somewhere that the console will download games in the background, anyway? I couldn't find a setting to toggle this functionality, is it a default?

And how does this work, exactly? The existing power settings are to turn off after a single hours' inactivity, 6 hours inactivity, or never without manual shutdown. Will background downloading commence even if I've turned the system "off", do I need to leave
    it on indefinitely, or how should I set this up going forward? Especially if I've pre-ordered a game to make sure that it'll pre-load overnight and be ready the next morning.

And while we're at this topic, I'd like to register the download speed as a concern. I've used the "other" console, and have had much, much better success downloading games. With an infrastructure as large as XBL, there really is no excuse for such shoddy
    download speeds. Especially on my 50 Mbps connection.

:)

JohnnyVonRotten, Oct 1, 2014
  2. maxen
    maxen Guest
    Ofline download not working.

Go to Settings/Power&Startup. There should be a setting under the button "Instant On" that says something about downloading purchases automatically.

Check that, power cycle (support.xbox.com/.../power-cycle-console) your console and the problem should now be fixed.

maxen, Oct 1, 2014
  3. DoG GOSRIDR
    DoG GOSRIDR Guest
    TV Brand & Model not shown

Yes I am in Canada, & if by STB you mean set top box (as in a satellite receiver) I do not have the option in my menu.

Settings-->Network---Kinect---Preferences

TV & OneGuide---Disc & Blu-ray---System

Display & Sound---Closed Captioning---Power & Startup

TV & OneGuide settings-->OneGuide

Devices

Power Settings

Troubleshooting

Share My Info With Xbox

Done

DoG GOSRIDR, Oct 1, 2014
  4. Looking for info on downloading games & power settings

You must set your Xbox One to 'Instant On' to allow downloads to take place when not actively using the console. When Instant On is enabled in the options, the console goes into a low power state when you press the power button or turn the console off via
    the dashboard.

While in instant on, full games, DLC apps and game updates will happen automatically by default.

http://support.xbox.com/xbox-one/system/learn-about-power-modes

Obsessive Power, Oct 2, 2014
  5. Also please note:

Due to the size difference between Xbox 360 game software and Xbox One software, it may take several more hours to download a digital Xbox One game compared to an Xbox 360 game. Typically Xbox 360 games are between 4-7GB, whereas an Xbox One game can be between
    10-40GB.

There can several mitigating factors as to the speed of your download. The size of the download, your actual download speed, how well your ISP is performing and how congested Xbox LIVE is at the time of the download.

Obsessive Power, Oct 2, 2014
  6. maxen
    maxen Guest
    Forza 5, with all its title updates, is now a 40GB+ title so it will take a while to download.

As Obsessive points out, the settings are to do with power state: set it to Instant On to allow background downloads. This is unrelated to the inactivity-shutdown settings.

maxen, Nov 1, 2018
  7. maxen Win User

Forza 5, with all its title updates, is now a 40GB+ title so it will take a while to download.

As Obsessive points out, the settings are to do with power state: set it to Instant On to allow background downloads. This is unrelated to the inactivity-shutdown settings.
  8. Obsessive Power Win User

Also please note:

Due to the size difference between Xbox 360 game software and Xbox One software, it may take several more hours to download a digital Xbox One game compared to an Xbox 360 game. Typically Xbox 360 games are between 4-7GB, whereas an Xbox One game can be between
    10-40GB.

There can several mitigating factors as to the speed of your download. The size of the download, your actual download speed, how well your ISP is performing and how congested Xbox LIVE is at the time of the download.
  9. Obsessive Power Win User

You must set your Xbox One to 'Instant On' to allow downloads to take place when not actively using the console. When Instant On is enabled in the options, the console goes into a low power state when you press the power button or turn the console off via
    the dashboard.

While in instant on, full games, DLC apps and game updates will happen automatically by default.

http://support.xbox.com/xbox-one/system/learn-about-power-modes
  10. DominumStige Win User

COD WW2

Hi!

Try clear the cache from the console with the
    power cycle
    system. Then check for system updates by going to "System"->"Settings"->"Console info" and try to download the game again.
  11. J3RS3Y DEVIL Win User

Exede ISP - 650,000 customers - Free Zone (un-metered usage) 12AM-5AM - No option to schedule update downloads? Disappointing MS!

From Xbox Support:

Notes

In order to have available downloads update automatically, you must select the option to automatically download updates on the Power menu. Additionally, your console looks for these updates while in the Instant-On power mode's low power state. In other words,
    your console has to be off to check for downloads. If you select your console to never turn off in the Power settings, the console will not look for updates in the background until it shuts off. To receive background updates automatically, set your console
    to turn off automatically after 1 or 6 hours of inactivity, or simply turn it off when you're not using it. Otherwise, games and apps may require a small download when you start the title.

To get to the Power settings menu:

Scroll left from Home to open the guide.

Select Settings.

Select All Settings.

On the Settings page, select Power.

Select Turn off or restart.

Select the option that you want on the Turn off after pull-down menu.
Thema:

1. Looking for info on downloading games & power settings - Similar Threads - Looking info downloading

2. I'm looking for some Rust friends

in XboX Insiders
    I'm looking for some Rust friends: Anybody down in playing Rust .??? If so let me know so we can team up and become friends and take over whatever we can and build and learn things together as well ... Like I said if so just let me...
  3. so my xbox wired controller is acting wierd on xbox game pass app it makes me look around...

in XBoX on Consoles
    so my xbox wired controller is acting wierd on xbox game pass app it makes me look around...: so my xbox wired controller is acting wierd on xbox game pass app it makes me look around LT and RT instead of one of my joysticks f4b7a134-1bf5-46de-a074-9f4c339e40f9
  4. As this other person said I wish U could look at your old profile pictures as I would love...

in XBoX Accessibility
    As this other person said I wish U could look at your old profile pictures as I would love...: I hope this really does happen 27301770-5608-4b09-bd41-71ed6fd7e114
  5. I cant post or “be interested” in any looking for group posts

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I cant post or “be interested” in any looking for group posts: I cant post a looking for group or “be interested” on my main account but can if i make a new account i checked my moderation and ban history and i haven't received any suspensions apart from a...
  6. How do you get enforced from making a looking for group post for a roleplay community?

in XBoX on Windows
    How do you get enforced from making a looking for group post for a roleplay community?: I've been trying to recruit members for my group and every time I do my post gets taken down and I get enforced over and over again, I have many enforcements from making looking for group posts...
  7. All of my PC games keep freezing. Looking for any recommendations

in XBoX on Windows
    All of my PC games keep freezing. Looking for any recommendations: everywhere I look for answers to this problem, they keep telling me to update my display drivers (every driver on my pc is up to date and windows says there are no updates). Every game I try goes...
  8. Suspended for making innocent looking for group posts

in XBoX on Windows
    Suspended for making innocent looking for group posts: A couple of days ago I was playing R6 Siege with 2 of my friends and we decided we wanted to help out lower-level players improve, so I made a total of 3 looking for group posts across a time...
  9. Please help: looking for new headphones

in XboX Insiders
    Please help: looking for new headphones: Recently bought VOID RBG elite wireless headphones, but quickly realized they do not work with Xbox one. Looking for recommendations on headphones to use. I’ve been thinking of these two: turtle...
  10. SideBar costume suggestion PLS LOOK

in XboX Insiders
    SideBar costume suggestion PLS LOOK: Ca you make it so you can customize you side bar solid colours or game backgrounds maybe characters like masterchief or batman etc. I love you console <3 submitted by /u/That-Ad-4006 [link]...