Looking for help to restore gaming performance to normal speed after Windows 11 update

Discus and support Looking for help to restore gaming performance to normal speed after Windows 11 update in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hi - after running the latest Windows 11 update (around 12/1/22), the gaming performance of my PC (HP Gaming Pavilion 15) has dropped dramatically, to... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Benjamin_21, Dec 8, 2022.

1. Benjamin_21
    Benjamin_21 Guest

Looking for help to restore gaming performance to normal speed after Windows 11 update

Hi - after running the latest Windows 11 update (around 12/1/22), the gaming performance of my PC (HP Gaming Pavilion 15) has dropped dramatically, to the point that I cannot play any games at normal speed. Outside gaming, the speed of my laptop seems fine (same as before). Any thoughts on what I could do to restore the normal speed for the gaming features?

*P.S. I already tried updating my Nvidia drivers, but this didn't resolve the problem

:)

Benjamin_21, Dec 8, 2022
  2. CarTzy Win User

Hello!

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we assume that your issue has already been resolved. We will not be monitoring this thread moving forward so, if you need further assistance, please create a new thread to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Microsoft Community.

[​IMG]

Thank you for understanding.
  3. Benjamin_21 Win User

Hi, thanks for your response

I went to the bios menu and pressed the option which labeled "reset system settings to default". However, it seems it did not do anything as my games are still running very slowly/laggy (same as before)

Thanks for your help
  4. CarTzy Win User

5. CarTzy Win User

6. Benjamin_21 Win User

Hi, thanks for your response.

Windows 11 and version 22H2

The update included a bios update, and it is after that update that my pc's games started to run very slowly

Installed games have the same amount of lag as cloud games (very slow)

Thanks for your help
Thema:

1. Looking for help to restore gaming performance to normal speed after Windows 11 update - Similar Threads - Looking help restore

2. Please help: looking for new headphones

in XboX Insiders
    Please help: looking for new headphones: Recently bought VOID RBG elite wireless headphones, but quickly realized they do not work with Xbox one. Looking for recommendations on headphones to use. I’ve been thinking of these two: turtle...
  3. Help with Gaming Monitor - Looking at Ultrawide

in XBoX on Consoles
    Help with Gaming Monitor - Looking at Ultrawide: Hello, I really want an ultra wide monitor but I'm concerned with the sizing issue and possible compatibility issues. Wanted to get some feedback. I also do school and work from home. I would...
  4. I need help fixing this issue it keeps happening with all my games the shadows look...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I need help fixing this issue it keeps happening with all my games the shadows look...: [img] can you help fix this problem 623e46f1-5832-4041-b00b-258e09110c9c
  5. Need help with linking my xbox account to epic games, I have been looking everywhere but I...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Need help with linking my xbox account to epic games, I have been looking everywhere but I...: "There was an error processing the credentials from the external login system, please contact support". This is the message that pops up when I try linking my xbox account to my epic account, I...
  6. Hi looking for help, my battle pass tokens stopped accumulating and I can't get them...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Hi looking for help, my battle pass tokens stopped accumulating and I can't get them...: Tried all basic troubleshooting like restarting, signing out and back in. They were working but just no longer count up, the gold bar gold up around the outside but when it completes no token...
  7. Looking for help on Hitman 3 Connectivity problems

in XboX Insiders
    Looking for help on Hitman 3 Connectivity problems: Lately, I've been experiencing a lot of Hitman 3 connectivity problems. Auto saves constantly fail. Manual saves fail. Saved games from the past show as corrupted when loading. If I go offline,...
  8. Looking for help on a startup error, os build 22000.3542.amd64fre.xb_flt_2202co.220202-1734

in XboX Insiders
    Looking for help on a startup error, os build 22000.3542.amd64fre.xb_flt_2202co.220202-1734: Hey everyone, trying to fix my brothers Xbox one x and noticed it was having a startup error and I've tried all the troubleshoot steps on xbox.com and nothing seems to work but I did look up his...
  9. Help my text on xbox looks really strange almost alien like

in XBoX on Windows
    Help my text on xbox looks really strange almost alien like: Help!! [img] d7c884a6-a10c-4446-a312-620714920c7b
  10. My games don’t look 4K anymore help me

in XboX Insiders
    My games don’t look 4K anymore help me: I have a 4K UHD TV that i just got for my birthday and When I first got my TV the games we’re playing on 4K it was bright an vivid an looks great. But now when I play that same game it looks paler...