Long booting up time with the master chief collection

Discus and support Long booting up time with the master chief collection in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; So I've had the Master Chief Collection for a few years now. I bought it on the Microsoft Store and I'm pretty happy with it. However I encountered an... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by D. Dela Cruz, Oct 3, 2022.

1. D. Dela Cruz
    D. Dela Cruz Guest

So I've had the Master Chief Collection for a few years now. I bought it on the Microsoft Store and I'm pretty happy with it. However I encountered an issue after reinstalling the game after restarting my laptop.

Before, the game took no more than 5 mins tops to boot up. Now, the game now takes some 10+ minutes just to load the main menu screen. After that, it's practically smooth sailing, but it's quite irritating to have to close and reopen the program should I accidentally open the anti-cheat disabled version instead of the anti-cheat enabled one.

:)

D. Dela Cruz, Oct 3, 2022
  2. Geri M. Win User

Hello D. Dela Cruz,

We appreciate for your prompt response and providing the information we ask. In addition to our previous inquiries we would also like to know what type of hard drive you are using? The issue could be possible due to the wrong drive. Please check the game if it is installed on the correct hard drive and let us know.

If error still persist, please refer to this link for more accurate information: How to launch Halo: The Master Chief Collection with Easy Anti-Cheat (EAC) disabled – Halo Support (halowaypoint.com)

We are looking forward to your response.

Kind regards,

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
  3. Geri M. Win User

Hello D. Dela Cruz,

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we will be considering your issue resolved. If you do need further help, please create a new thread to discuss those concerns as we will not be monitoring this thread going forward.

Thank you for understanding.

Kind regards,

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
  4. D. Dela Cruz Win User

To answer your questions in order,

I use the most recent version of windows 10
    I check regularly for new versions to ensure I'm up to date
    With my other games bought from the Microsoft store, like minecraft, I don't experience this issue.

and even after restarting the PC multiple times, the problem unfortunately persists
    I will try reinstalling the game and checking for optional updates as well

Thanks for your suggestions
  5. Geri M. Win User

Hi D. Dela Cruz,

Welcome to Xbox Community Forums. We appreciate for sharing your concern with us and we hope that you are doing well today.

We understand that you are having an issue with Master Chief Collection which lately it has longer booting time than compared few years ago when you first bought it. As per description, the problem started after you have reinstalling the game and restarting your device. Let us check on this together and sort this out. We will do to the best in our capability to assist you with your concern and help you back to gaming.

We would like to ask more details about it, so we could provide you a more accurate resolution. Allow us to ask few questions.

• What Windows version are you using?
    • Is your system updated with the latest version?
    • Is this happening on other games?
    If you have not tried yet updating the system please do the steps below.

With regards to your question about anti-cheat, will inform you after consulting this to our support.

We hope it worked out well for you. If not, please reply back to this forum to let us know. We will be glad to follow up and help you.

Have a great day ahead.

Sincerely,

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
  6. neilhorgan Win User
Thema:

1. Long booting up time with the master chief collection - Similar Threads - Long booting master

2. Xbox takes a long time to boot, only booting to blank screen.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox takes a long time to boot, only booting to blank screen.: Yesterday, my Xbox One S wasn't able to launch any games, so I reset the console. Then, it spent over ten minutes trying to sign into my account, so I tried Power Cycling. Now, the console takes...
  3. Xbox One X not installing apps and taking a long time to boot up

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One X not installing apps and taking a long time to boot up: I've had this Xbox One X for around 2-3 months and for the past few days it hasn't been installing, and goes to a black screen for around 15 mins after the xbox loading screen, which takes about 5...
  4. Xbox 1S - Black Screen on boot, Icons missing and games taking too long to start.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox 1S - Black Screen on boot, Icons missing and games taking too long to start.: My Xbox 1S was working fine yesterday, and this morning as I booted up and logged in, there was a sudden power cut in my whole area. This lasted for around 15 seconds, and the power switched back...
  5. Xbox BOOT up is really choppy and slow + games don't load due to taking long.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox BOOT up is really choppy and slow + games don't load due to taking long.: Hey guys/girls, hope someone can help me. My xbox's boot is super slow and my games take too long to load. I've tried everything! Can this be a hard drive failure issue or something else?...
  6. Xbox One takes too long to boot up and doesn't display anything.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One takes too long to boot up and doesn't display anything.: I've had my xbox for a long time, since it came out, and have never had any problems with it whatsoever. Then all of a sudden, it takes 5-10 min to even boot up, and once it does it goes to a...
  7. Long time loading boot FH3

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Long time loading boot FH3: Hi,i have purchase Forza Horizon 3 from Microsoft Store,so why take long time (8 minutes) to load startup screen garage? ty GJ 1e17da3d-6e0f-4714-a08b-7e985a90b4cd
  8. Xbox One Long boot time (connected to amp and tv using HDMI)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One Long boot time (connected to amp and tv using HDMI): Since the last year big update of my X box one, is extremely slow to boot. It takes about 5 to 10 minutes to have the main menu on the TV. It is connected to my TV and amplifier as well as my...
  9. Long boot up times

in XBoX on Consoles
    Long boot up times: Every time I turn the console time I'm waiting a good 3+ minutes for it to make it past the Xbox One logo screen. I've tried the hard reset method and deleting and re-downloading my gamertag etc...
  10. Xbox One takes way too long to boot up

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One takes way too long to boot up: It's been a couple of weeks I haven't touched my Xbox One and I was in the mood of playing some Forza 6, so I turned on the power and my TV screen only started to show the sign-in screen until...