Logitech G920 button issues

Discus and support Logitech G920 button issues in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I purchased a Logitech G920 racing wheel around three and a half years ago from Amazon. The wheel was brand new and I have had no problems with the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by James_C82, Jul 23, 2022.

1. James_C82
    James_C82 Guest

I purchased a Logitech G920 racing wheel around three and a half years ago from Amazon. The wheel was brand new and I have had no problems with the wheel until recently. I have noticed that all the buttons on the wheel suddenly stopped working, with the A button somehow controlling all the other buttons. For example, when I press the A button, all the functions from the other buttons would be triggered in games, as if the A button has become a “master switch” to control the other buttons. The wheel has not been broken externally, which leads me to believe that there has been an internal issue with the wiring as I have seen on some other people’s posts. Logitech Support is useless, as they always tell me to update the firmware on the wheel which is impossible because the firmware is completely up to date and I regularly check this with my PC. Thus, I pose the following question: is it possible to fix my wheel, or do I need to look at purchasing a new one?

:)

James_C82, Jul 23, 2022
  2. James_C82 Win User

Thanks. I have tested the wheel on my PC (Mac, bootcamped so I now run Windows.) and the same issue occurs. However, when I use a web-installed controller driver, it appears that all the buttons still work and are recognised by the machine, but they just have no function in game. Again, it seems as if all of the functions have been accidentally assigned to one button.
  3. Facundo Lozzia Win User

Hey man, were u able to find a solution? I’ve been having a very similar issue where every button i press seems to press another one with it, like for example I press the “A” button and the “B” button also triggers, it’s happening even with the d pad or the paddle shifts. Couldn’t find a way to solve it anywhere
  4. Lucas Lauer Win User

Have you used Logitech Gaming software to try to remap the buttons? Or does it show that inside the software all buttons are working correctly?

https://support.logi.com/hc/en-my/articles/3600...

Standard Disclaimer: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.
  5. Lucas Lauer Win User

Hello, James_C82. Thanks for reaching out. I'm Lucas, an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft user just like you. I'll be glad to help you out.

I would suggest you to test the wheel on other devices. If the issue persists on other devices and the firmware is up to date, then I would say the wheel is faulty. You can either send it for repair or purchase a new one.

Feel free to ask back any questions.
  6. RichieB_ Win User

Logitech G920 not working

Hi Diamond6925,

Greetings!

Thank you for publishing in Microsoft Community.

We understand that you are experiencing issues with your Logitech G920 not working on your PC when playing Xbox Cloud. I'm here to help you with this concern.

Firstly, I would like to ask a few questions to better understand the issue. Are you able to use the Logitech G920 on your PC for other games or applications? Have you tried using a different controller on Xbox Cloud to see if the issue persists?

Assuming that the issue is only with Xbox Cloud, here are some troubleshooting steps that you can try:

1. Ensure that your Logitech G920 is properly connected to your PC. Check the USB cable and make sure it is securely plugged in.

2. Check if the Logitech G920 is recognized by your PC. You can do this by going to the Device Manager on your PC. Look for the Logitech G920 under the "Human Interface Devices" section. If it is not listed, try unplugging and plugging it back in.

3. Make sure that your Logitech G920 is set as the default controller on your PC. You can do this by going to the "Devices and Printers" section in the Control Panel. Right-click on the Logitech G920 and select "Set as Default Device".

4. Check if there are any updates available for your Logitech G920. You can do this by going to the Logitech website and downloading the latest drivers and firmware for your device.

5. If the issue persists, try using a different controller on Xbox Cloud to see if the issue is with the Logitech G920 or with Xbox Cloud itself.

6. Lastly, you can try to test your Logitech G920 to another device to see if its working. This is for us to be able to isolate the issue if its on the Logitech or not.

Learn more: Troubleshooting G920 for power/connection Issues - Xbox – Logitech Support + Download

Cheers,

Microsoft Community Moderator
Thema:

1. Logitech G920 button issues - Similar Threads - Logitech G920 button

2. I can’t get the Xbox one s Logitech g920 steering wheel and pedals to work on burnout...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can’t get the Xbox one s Logitech g920 steering wheel and pedals to work on burnout...: I can’t get the Logitech g920 for Xbox one s to work on burnout paradise remastered on Xbox one s e1b84605-8d89-4c9d-a106-7df4388e16de
  3. The LSB and RSB buttons on the Logitech G920 don't work??

in XBoX on Consoles
    The LSB and RSB buttons on the Logitech G920 don't work??: I have the Xbox One S and I am trying to play F1 23 but when I want to assign commands to the LSB and RSB buttons they are not detected, can you please help me. I already updated the firmware and...
  4. Roblox crashes when Logitech G920 is plugged in.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Roblox crashes when Logitech G920 is plugged in.: As you may now, Roblox is a very low demanding game, so therefore I do not believe this is a crash based off of bad pc (i use 32 gigs ram, 3060ti, i5 something). But anyways, lets get to the...
  5. Logitech G920 working on xbox

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Logitech G920 working on xbox: I've been on the market for a gaming steering wheel that I could use on my Xbox one s and I came across the Logitech G920 and I was wondering if it would work on my Xbox....
  6. LSB and RSB buttons on the Logitech G920 wheel

in XboX Insiders
    LSB and RSB buttons on the Logitech G920 wheel: Letting us utilize the LSB and RSB buttons on the Logitech G920 wheel. PC supports these buttons just fine, but on Xbox they don’t work at all and never have. I’ve read on a Logitech forum and...
  7. Logitech G920 button triggering problem

in XBoX on Consoles
    Logitech G920 button triggering problem: Hey everyone, so I’ve been having an issue where every time a press a button, another one is also triggered. Like for example I press the “A” button then”B” button also triggers on its own, it’s...
  8. Button mapping for Logitech G923 G920 G29

in XboX Insiders
    Button mapping for Logitech G923 G920 G29: Button mapping for Logitech G923 G920 G29 The LSB & RSB buttons on the 3 wheels above cannot be used on Xbox one and Series S and X because Xbox or Microsoft hasn’t mapped those controls yet. The...
  9. Button mapping for Logitech G923 G920 G29

in XboX Insiders
    Button mapping for Logitech G923 G920 G29: The LSB & RSB buttons on the 3 wheels above cannot be used on Xbox one and Series S and X because Xbox or Microsoft hasn’t mapped those controls yet. The LSB and RSB on the Xbox controller are the...
  10. Button Support and mapping for Logitech g923,g29,g920

in XboX Insiders
    Button Support and mapping for Logitech g923,g29,g920: The LSB & RSB buttons on the 3 wheels above cannot be used on Xbox one and Series S and X because Xbox or Microsoft hasn’t mapped those controls yet. The LSB and RSB on the Xbox controller are the...