loginWithXbox error, unable to access xbox live authentication for minecraft

Discus and support loginWithXbox error, unable to access xbox live authentication for minecraft in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Hello! I recently wanted to play minecraft again, I have had the game for the past 10 years, migrated my account last year, and decided to play again... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Tomodovodoo, May 31, 2023.

1. Tomodovodoo
    Tomodovodoo Guest

Hello!

I recently wanted to play minecraft again, I have had the game for the past 10 years, migrated my account last year, and decided to play again after a few months of complete inactivity.

Sadly, I seem to be unable to login to the launcher.

The Xbox popup states:
    "We couldn't sign you in to Xbox Live
    Sorry, something went wrong. Try again in a while. (0x89235107)"

Upon which Minecraft states:
    "Error code: 0x89235107 code: Forest. Something went

wrong in the login process. Please ensure all

dependencies are up-to-date. For more information, go
    HERE or contact Customer Support directly."

Customer Support isn't responding, and so I come to you for help.

I'll state what I have done already, and have checked.

I have:
    Searched for Minecraft Error Code Forest and/or 0x89235107 (no useful results)
    Restarted all 4 Xbox live/accessory services and the 2 gaming services, and set to automatically startup.
    Reinstalled Microsoft Store, Minecraft Launcher, Minecraft Java and Bedrock, and reset and verified all.

Checked Firewall
    Updated PC,
    Restarted (with Restart) a dozen times
    Checked for same account on Xbox and Microsoft Store.
    Checked if migration happened,
    Did a WSReset, verified that time and zone is correct, Reinstalled, gaming services and Xbox Identity Provider via removal via Powershell,
    deleted Credentials and logged in again,

Installed and removed the Minecraft Launcher a dozen of times,

Ran: SFC /scannow and Dism /Online / Cleanup-Image / RestoreHealth
    Ran: Get-AppxPackage -AllUsers| Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register “$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml”}
    Followed: https://support.xbox.com/en-GB/help/games-apps/troubleshooting/troubleshoot-games-windows-10

Did: Check if I have internet, all that jazz.

Problem logs:

[Info: 2023-05-31 12:46:45.2178867: ControllerInterface.cpp(106)] Running method loginWithXbox

[Warning: 2023-05-31 12:46:45.2201352: UserIdentity.cpp(353)] No user logged in

[Info: 2023-05-31 12:46:45.2203039: UserIdentity.cpp(156)] Starting interactive sign in

[Warning: 2023-05-31 12:46:57.0212206: XalPlatform_gamecore.cpp(32)] Store State : NotSupported - No Store Account check run

[Error: 2023-05-31 12:46:57.0214971: UserIdentity.cpp(188)] XAL sign-in failed with generic error status. XAL status: -1994174201

[Info: 2023-05-31 12:46:57.0222325: NetQueue.cpp(767)] NetQueue: Starting net action https://sentry.io/api/2703928/store/

[Info: 2023-05-31 12:46:57.0222701: UserIdentity.cpp(265)] Attempting interactive sign-in: [was-signed-in:false][signed-out:false][signed-in:false][-1994174201]

[Warning: 2023-05-31 12:46:57.0223186: UserIdentity.cpp(353)] No user logged in

[Warning: 2023-05-31 12:46:57.0223541: UnifiedMSAAccounts.cpp(184)] Sign in failed [-1994174201] - [signed-out:false]

[Info: 2023-05-31 12:46:57.0388614: UnifiedAccounts.cpp(450)] MSA sign-in failed

[Info: 2023-05-31 12:46:57.0430911: ControllerInterface.cpp(106)] Running method getAccountData

[Info: 2023-05-31 12:46:57.0431383: UnifiedAccounts.cpp(326)] Internet state in main process: online=1

:)

Tomodovodoo, May 31, 2023
  2. CarTzy Win User

Hello Tomodovodoo,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

There are several possible reasons why you are getting this error. Here are some steps you can try to fix it:

- Close the game and restart your PC/console. This can refresh your connection and clear any temporary issues.

- Update/restore the game. Make sure you have the latest version of Minecraft installed on your device. If you have recently updated the game, you can try restoring it to a previous version and see if that works.

- Don't use a single account on multiple devices. If you are using the same Xbox account on different devices, you may encounter connection problems. Try signing out of other devices and only use one device at a time.

- Check the connection and the server status. Make sure your internet connection is stable and fast enough to play online. You can also check the Xbox Live service status and see if there are any outages or maintenance that may affect your gameplay.

- Make sure that you have a cross-platform supporting version. If you want to play with other players on different platforms, you need to have the Bedrock Edition of Minecraft, which supports cross-play. The Java Edition does not support cross-play and can only connect with other Java players.

- Reinstall the game. If none of the above steps work, you can try uninstalling and reinstalling the game on your device. This can fix any corrupted or missing files that may cause the error.

Check from you ISP if the following ports are opened

A network port lets your Xbox One console communicate with the Xbox Live servers and other Xbox One consoles over the Internet. These ports must be open for Xbox Live to work:

• Port 88 (UDP)
    • Port 3074 (UDP and TCP)
    • Port 53 (UDP and TCP)
    • Port 80 (TCP)
    • Port 500 (UDP)
    • Port 3544 (UDP)
    • Port 4500 (UDP)
    Network ports used by the Xbox network on the Xbox console | Xbox Support

Troubleshoot gameplay, performance, and stability issues on a Windows device | Xbox Support

Troubleshoot issues with the Xbox app for Windows | Xbox Support

I hope this helps you solve your problem. If you have any further questions, please feel free to ask.
  3. CarTzy Win User

Hello Tomodovodoo,

We are glad to know that you were able to find a resolution for this issue. I do apologize for some confusions.

We are grateful that you shared the method you perform to fix issue. This will be helpful with the rest of the community member who may encounter this type of issue.

Please do not hesitate to ask the community anytime just in case you have any questions in the future.
  4. Tomodovodoo Win User

Hey,

I fixed the issue a few hours ago by resetting my pc (reinstalling windows).

Also idk if you've read my post, but I specified that I had done a lot of fixes already, thanks suggestion on ports though, was one thing I hadn't checked yet, because the Xbox app itself does work. Though I don't know if you realized I'm not on an Xbox One console...

I'll share my sorrows for those who might be unfortunate enough with the same fate, and how to diagnose such a tragedy.

TLDR; WebView2 is important, Always check Event Viewer.

My issue:

My issue: Interactive sign-in failed while trying to connect to... Something.

I did all the basic and advanced troubleshooting, but to no avail.

That's when I thought, could I also access the Xbox live logs to see why its is failing? Went to ChatGPT, which told me it does not specifically record logs, but the event viewer does.

Aha! The event viewer. Damn, 1001 logs to file through. Restarted minecraft, reloaded recent logs. Found a clear issue.

Through the midst of all computer output I found 1 commonality. WebView2.

Looked through apps & functionalities , couldn't find the file, couldn't modify or uninstall, couldn't do anything of use. I looked at the directory, program files 86\Microsoft\. Oops

A bit of backstory:

I uninstalled every trace of Microsoft Edge that existed on my pc, deleted every single file I could find. And since all files in the Microsoft directory include "edge", I deleted them all. This unfortunately included WebView2

No worries, I'll just download a WebView2 installer.

"WebView2 is already installed"

Oh, I'll try to delete the registry keys belonging to WebView2 and then install.

I'll download a program (or 2) which scrubs for left over registry keys and files of uninstalled programs.

Maybe I'll try to reinstall it from Powershell?

Error.

In the end, I decided I was done searching for smart tricks to install WebView2 again. I just had to accept that the WebView2 standalone installer is just plain garbage.

So in the end, I reinstalled windows, and only then it worked. And another program that didn't work for 6 months..., and another functionality..., etc.

Yes I was dumb enough to damage WebView2 which caused irreparable damage.

But what can we get from this, and what can Microsoft learn from this?

1. Please spout out errors on screen when programs dependant on WebView2 error because of it. This means diagnosing the issues of at least WebView2 cause not hours, but a few minutes. (Or in the case of another program I wanted to use, months. This issue was unresolved until now)

2. Fix the WebView2 installer to being able to install on devices with (partially) damaged WebView2 files. This would have saved me and potentially a lot more people a ton of time. Especially those who can't as easily just reinstall windows.

3. What can currently be quickly done: List as a basic troubleshooting measure to look into the event viewer. Yes, scanning your system is important, yes it's important to check drivers, but the Event Viewer is the one tool that should be able to help in all error cases.

This one troubleshooting measure helped me in a few minutes instead of the hours scrolling and searching forums. Copy paste the whole warning message into ChatGPT and I knew exactly what was going on.

Anyway, still thanks for the response, can be closed I guess.
  5. Zp-wangyifei Win User

怎样通过xbox live身份验证? [Translation - How to authenticate via xbox live?]

我用的是安卓Minecraft。但是 法进入服务器,需要进行xbox live身份验证。

[Translation-I'm using Android Minecraft. However, you can't access the server and you need xbox live authentication.]
  6. Will Taylor3 Win User

Xbox live error 0x89235107

EDIT 2;

Minecraft Launcher still does not authenticate. Couldn't sign into xbox live error code 0x89235107.

EDIT;

Turns out I was able to download and install Minecraft Windows Edition through the xbox app (xbox app now has me signed in). However, attempting to sign in to microsoft through Minecraft for Windows produces error code 0x8007000e after trying to authenticate through a menu item that finally prompted me for authentication.

Original reply:

Five hours scouring forums, 40% hair loss, 200% cortisol levels. Broke down and reached out to support.

Restarted once, changing nothing, now it decides to work...

Nope. Nothing wrong with that. Everything's working exactly the way it should.
Thema:

1. loginWithXbox error, unable to access xbox live authentication for minecraft - Similar Threads - loginWithXbox error unable

2. Sea of Thieves Launcher Error 0x800704c7

in XBoX on Windows
    Sea of Thieves Launcher Error 0x800704c7: Some weeks ago, Sea of Thieves was updated (I presume the update that introduced EasyAntiCheat) to include a launcher, which resulted in the game no longer working correctly. Running SoT through...
  3. Error code 80070570 - Xbox update won’t work- tried resetting any ideas pls ?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Error code 80070570 - Xbox update won’t work- tried resetting any ideas pls ?: Error code 80070570 - Xbox update won’t work- tried resetting any ideas pls ? 72062e39-e46c-46c2-89bc-dd9555ba9044
  4. System error E102 on Xbox One S

in XBoX on Consoles
    System error E102 on Xbox One S: I turn on my xbox and saw System error E102 it tried to update but didn't fully do it and now I can't get it of my troubleshooting page. I have tried restarting UT, resetting it, and tried to...
  5. error signing in

in XBoX on Windows
    error signing in: every time I try to sign in to the Xbox website, it redirects me to a page where it says "give us a moment while we sign you out" or "pick an account to sign out of", but it never actually signs...
  6. Xbox Insider Hub app error "An unknown HTTP error occurred." when my globalprotect vpn is...

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Insider Hub app error "An unknown HTTP error occurred." when my globalprotect vpn is...: Hello experts, Hopefully, I can find the solution here... This is the only user running xbox insider hub and it is in globalprotect full-tunnel setup. When not connected to our vpn, xbox works...
  7. Sea of Thieves repeated Hazelnutbeard error

in XBoX on Consoles
    Sea of Thieves repeated Hazelnutbeard error: Sea of thieves won't work through steam. I've tried all suggested fixes, re-enabled teredo, updated all my drivers, even set up port forwarding specifically for SOT's steam servers. Disabled VPN,...
  8. why does my steam have this code? loadlibary failed error 126

in XBoX on Windows
    why does my steam have this code? loadlibary failed error 126: yeah i went to steam and it has that error message please help me with this and even xbox too c51e5eb6-e199-4bdd-b0c9-420ddb7be2fd
  9. 8c50005 error

in XBoX on Consoles
    8c50005 error: I cannot register a payment card on my Xbox, I always get error code 8c50005 even though my payment information is on the website de302a39-3061-450a-843d-68fa4399c4d1
  10. Error con la actualcion de insiders program

in XboX Insiders
    Error con la actualcion de insiders program: hola tengo una xbox one x que tiene el programa insiders instalado y no tengo la cuenta original para desabilitarlo debido a que me la regalo mi hermano y el no se acuerda de su cuenta y habia...