Locking content we paid for behind publisher accounts is [mod removed] and needs to stop

Discus and support Locking content we paid for behind publisher accounts is [mod removed] and needs to stop in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I pre-ordered the Deluxe Edition of Wolfenstein Youngblood but can't access the content I paid for unless I make an account with the publisher? [Mod... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by NoWifeDGenerate, Jul 29, 2019.

1. Locking content we paid for behind publisher accounts is [mod removed] and needs to stop

I pre-ordered the Deluxe Edition of Wolfenstein Youngblood but can't access the content I paid for unless I make an account with the publisher? [Mod Removed] them and every other publisher that does this. I paid for it on my Xbox account. I should be able
    to access it on that account. I refuse ot have an account with every bloody publisher. It's a stupid and unnecessary thing.

:)

NoWifeDGenerate, Jul 29, 2019
  2. {Parity} Win User

Locking content we paid for behind publisher accounts is [mod removed] and needs to stop

3. NoWifeDGenerate Win User

Your reply doesn't even make sense. It's not required to play the game itself. It's only required to access the deluxe edition cosmetics or play online. Quit making up [mod removed] excuses. They do it to collect information to sell, and it's [mod removed].
    It's never been necessary before, and it's not necessary now. Every publisher that does it goes on my "Pirate their [mod removed] on PC instead" list from that point on. I will NOT have a useless [mod removed] account with every individual publisher. It's
    ridiculous, and people need to stop being sheep about it!
  4. Christyna64 Win User

This is the common practice now and is in almost every game. They do this to keep track of player data to help in further development of the game and future games.
  5. NoWifeDGenerate Win User

Xbox/MS decides what's allowed on their [mod removed] store. Just like Sony started censoring every [mod removed] thing. MS most definitely has the right to block that account [mod removed].
  6. Cerebral Paul Win User

bypassing the badword filter here by using ***'s is a violation of the terms of use here. Please refrain from doing so.

We are gamers just like you, there is zero reason to take your anger out on us.
Thema:

1. Locking content we paid for behind publisher accounts is [mod removed] and needs to stop - Similar Threads - Locking content paid

2. Account locked (compliance lock), can I get help for unlocking it?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Account locked (compliance lock), can I get help for unlocking it?: Everything started roughly a year ago when I fell victim to a phishing scam that hijacked my account. The password and email were changed, as well as it was used to access softwares such as Xbox...
  3. My Microsoft account got locked

in XBoX on Windows
    My Microsoft account got locked: i have a microsoft account and it just locked me out So first of all i want to say that microsoft security system is terrible So it all started when i tried microsoft 365 family for a mounth ,...
  4. All games are with the fps locked at 75 (my refresh rate monitor)

in XBoX on Consoles
    All games are with the fps locked at 75 (my refresh rate monitor): Hi. So, i recently installed Windows 11 (22H3) and all the games fps are locked at 75 (my monitor refresh rate). I already disabled fullscreen optimizations, Game DVR its also disabled, v-sync is...
  5. Locked out of Xbox app on PC, can't update.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Locked out of Xbox app on PC, can't update.: I can't get into Xbox or even the Minecraft launcher anymore, the app wont update. I have tried doing windows updates to no avail, restarting my computer, all that. I tried looking for my error...
  6. Can Microsoft implement a feature locking controller (like phone unlock)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can Microsoft implement a feature locking controller (like phone unlock): These controllers are getting expensive and open to thieving, especially when running a youth club etc. surely some security measures could be put in place. At the moment it seems it is too easy...
  7. Account locked

in XBoX on Windows
    Account locked: Hi! Got hit with an account lock, but I can access the accounts gmail, the backup emails, phone number, and 2fa, but support says they wont lift it. Any ideas? Talked to 3 microsoft employees and...
  8. Is Truck racer digital region locked?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Is Truck racer digital region locked?: I have an NTSC console in the UK. If I purchase a digital game in the UK (Truck racer in particular), will it work or will it be region locked? 030a41a9-7df5-4d6a-8504-86ce49a924df
  9. Why are all threads in regards to 4K HDR 120Hz and Dolby Atmos cutouts all locked?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why are all threads in regards to 4K HDR 120Hz and Dolby Atmos cutouts all locked?: Here's an example of one that's locked that I chimed in on. Over 16,000 people viewed and you STILL haven't acknowledged or resolved the issue. Which is ****....
  10. I have an Xbox 360 from years ago with a parental lock but no account to reset.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have an Xbox 360 from years ago with a parental lock but no account to reset.: I have an Xbox 360 from years ago with a parental lock on it I don't know the pass code or the security question and there is no account on it to reset it. Is there anyway I can factory reset...