Locked out of my account with 2 factor authorization

Discus and support Locked out of my account with 2 factor authorization in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I've just been locked out of my primary account of 9+ years because of 2-factor authorization. While I was traveling for work I tried signing into my... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by One All, Oct 30, 2022.

1. One All
    One All Guest

I've just been locked out of my primary account of 9+ years because of 2-factor authorization. While I was traveling for work I tried signing into my account to buy a game and realized I forgot my password. I tried resetting it multiple times but my spotty internet kept messing up the process. When I finally found solid internet and tried once more, Microsoft wasn't sending the recovery codes to my number or email and I later figured out my account was blocked. Is there any way for me to retrieve my account?

:)

One All, Oct 30, 2022
  2. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this One.

You can try to recover the account using this article:
    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook_com...

If you're not able to do it in that way, unfortunately nothing else can be done.
    The recovery form doesn't work with 2FA accounts
  3. AquarrzSudnnym Win User

Replace??

The first thing to do if your XBox is stolen is change your account password to be sure your account and gamertag is secure. Also setup 2FA (2 factor authorization) and a controller passkey on the new console you purchase.
  4. bowski477 Win User

I was charged for something I havent had from gamebox

Are you able to view what you were charged for at account.microsoft.com? From there you can request a refund. If you did not initiate the purchase be sure to secure your account by changing your password and adding 2 factor authorization to the account.
  5. SpiringWord77 Win User

still can't transfer gamertag to another ms account...

so no reps here can check my account and find out why i'm getting this error message after 2 months still: "Sorry, we can't change your Microsoft account right now." ??

clearly some factor outside of the 30 transfer limit is locking this gamertag to my ms account. any help would be appreciated...
  6. Ayden Lichtensteiger Win User

Block Email Account

Who is the person that has the authority to lock me out of my account? I refuse to believe there is no way a person can’t just go in and unlock it. This is straight up ridiculous.
Thema:

1. Locked out of my account with 2 factor authorization - Similar Threads - Locked account factor

2. Account locked (compliance lock), can I get help for unlocking it?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Account locked (compliance lock), can I get help for unlocking it?: Everything started roughly a year ago when I fell victim to a phishing scam that hijacked my account. The password and email were changed, as well as it was used to access softwares such as Xbox...
  3. My Microsoft account got locked

in XBoX on Windows
    My Microsoft account got locked: i have a microsoft account and it just locked me out So first of all i want to say that microsoft security system is terrible So it all started when i tried microsoft 365 family for a mounth ,...
  4. Account locked

in XBoX on Windows
    Account locked: Hi! Got hit with an account lock, but I can access the accounts gmail, the backup emails, phone number, and 2fa, but support says they wont lift it. Any ideas? Talked to 3 microsoft employees and...
  5. I have an Xbox 360 from years ago with a parental lock but no account to reset.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have an Xbox 360 from years ago with a parental lock but no account to reset.: I have an Xbox 360 from years ago with a parental lock on it I don't know the pass code or the security question and there is no account on it to reset it. Is there anyway I can factory reset...
  6. Old account locked

in XBoX Accessibility
    Old account locked: I recently bought a new Xbox S and I don't know the Email or password I used for my old account. My gamer tag is Earthmachine911. Name John Moore. If you could help me recover my account I would...
  7. What can you do when Microsoft wrongfully locks your account, restricting access to...

in XBoX Accessibility
    What can you do when Microsoft wrongfully locks your account, restricting access to...: Hello Community, Dec 19th, my son's account was stolen using software that bypassed Microsoft security protocols. This was immediately reported to Microsoft via multiple avenues (live chat, and...
  8. Why does Microsoft Flight sim keep locking out my microsoft account password?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why does Microsoft Flight sim keep locking out my microsoft account password?: If I leave the game inactive overnight, I wake up with an email saying 'We think that someone might have accessed the Microsoft account ****." And now my password needs to be reset. Well, I've...
  9. How can you update a verification phone number if youre completely locked out of your account?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How can you update a verification phone number if youre completely locked out of your account?: Microsoft locked my accpunt due to suspicious activity and when i put in my username and password (which are correct and active!) It only gives me the option to use an outdated phone number for an...
  10. Parental Lock on Adult Account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Parental Lock on Adult Account: I tried to buy the gamepass but it wouldn't let me saying that "You need an adult to buy this". A quick google search said something about a family group and when I checked it showed I was in one,...