Locked out of my 20+ year account due to forgotten password+linked authenticator - cant...

Discus and support Locked out of my 20+ year account due to forgotten password+linked authenticator - cant... in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Enabled and Linked account to Android Authenticator to be a responsible Adult Bought new android phone and reinstalled authenticator Forgot my... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Jason H 1031, Jul 17, 2022.

1. Jason H 1031
    Jason H 1031 Guest

Locked out of my 20+ year account due to forgotten password+linked authenticator - cant...

• Enabled and Linked account to Android Authenticator to be a responsible Adult
    • Bought new android phone and reinstalled authenticator
    • Forgot my password to add account back to authenticator app (it happens, I'm old)
    • Requested password reset
    • Have 2 emails linked to account - First reset code takes, second one gives me an error (requires two because of Authenticator)
    • I am forced to select "Don't have any of these" for password reset since ^ I get the error
    • I cant find my 25 digit recovery code
    • Fill out the account recovery form - but the system ignores it because I have an authenticator linked to my account (trying to be a responsible adult)
    • Systematically go through the last few known passwords I remember and that I would use - locks my account due to too many failed password attempts
    • Request my account to be put on hold for 30 days to receive new security info - system throws an error message (We're not ready for you yet, your account is unable to complete the request.)
    • Chat support completely worthless - if I'm lucky to get help, they eventually ghost me
    I am extremally frustrated - I don't care about my gamerscore - big freaking deal, but what I do care about is that I decided to invest in the Microsoft ecosystem and have thousands of dollars of paid digital movies, games and my Elder Scrolls Online account with 18 Maxxed out characters and Hundreds of dollars invested (its my hobby, its fine.. right?!"

Its the principle

I forgot my password and am being punished? no one will even help me work through the issue.

I can verify the following to prove its my account and no one gives a ****?

• Addresses
    • Cards used as payments
    • Console Id's (have 5 consoles with my account)
    • Security questions
    • access to the linked email
    This is beyond ridiculous - yes, my account can still be used on my current console but they are all old OG xbox ones, they are starting to die on me and I want to replace them

it appears that according to Microsoft, I am just SOL and they own me - I'm pleading to the community in a last ditch effort for some advice or help, if any were to exist.

Please help this old gamer

:)

Jason H 1031, Jul 17, 2022
  2. Lucas Lauer Win User

Locked out of my 20+ year account due to forgotten password+linked authenticator - cant even reset my security info. This makes absolutely no sense

I asked for your feedback because you clicked that my answer did not help you, so I asked for a feedback on why you think it did not help you, or maybe your answer to the question I made on my first reply, because I want to help you - but some things cannot be fixed. There is not solutions for every issue.

I did not ask for a feedback like a rating of my reply. Not at all.
  3. Lucas Lauer Win User

Locked out of my 20+ year account due to forgotten password+linked authenticator - cant even reset my security info. This makes absolutely no sense

Waiting for your feedback.
  4. SwordofWhedon Win User

This form will let you start the process. Sounds like you will need a physical letter sent to you to verify your ID

https://account.live.com/acsr
  5. Lucas Lauer Win User

Hello, Jason. Thanks for reaching out. I'm Lucas, an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft user just like you. I'll be glad to help you out.

Your only option is to wait 30 days to try to add/receive a new security info. Sorry about that. As you talked to Microsoft support and they probably told you the same thing, there is nothing we users can do to help you - as not even Microsoft official support can. I'm sorry about this.

When you tried to receive an email to your second email address, what error did you receive?

Waiting for your kind reply.
  6. Jason H 1031 Win User

More worried about feedback than empathizing with my issue - lol
Thema:

1. Locked out of my 20+ year account due to forgotten password+linked authenticator - cant... - Similar Threads - Locked 20+ account

2. My Microsoft account got locked

in XBoX on Windows
    My Microsoft account got locked: i have a microsoft account and it just locked me out So first of all i want to say that microsoft security system is terrible So it all started when i tried microsoft 365 family for a mounth ,...
  3. All games are with the fps locked at 75 (my refresh rate monitor)

in XBoX on Consoles
    All games are with the fps locked at 75 (my refresh rate monitor): Hi. So, i recently installed Windows 11 (22H3) and all the games fps are locked at 75 (my monitor refresh rate). I already disabled fullscreen optimizations, Game DVR its also disabled, v-sync is...
  4. Locked out of Xbox app on PC, can't update.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Locked out of Xbox app on PC, can't update.: I can't get into Xbox or even the Minecraft launcher anymore, the app wont update. I have tried doing windows updates to no avail, restarting my computer, all that. I tried looking for my error...
  5. Can Microsoft implement a feature locking controller (like phone unlock)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can Microsoft implement a feature locking controller (like phone unlock): These controllers are getting expensive and open to thieving, especially when running a youth club etc. surely some security measures could be put in place. At the moment it seems it is too easy...
  6. Account locked

in XBoX on Windows
    Account locked: Hi! Got hit with an account lock, but I can access the accounts gmail, the backup emails, phone number, and 2fa, but support says they wont lift it. Any ideas? Talked to 3 microsoft employees and...
  7. Is Truck racer digital region locked?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Is Truck racer digital region locked?: I have an NTSC console in the UK. If I purchase a digital game in the UK (Truck racer in particular), will it work or will it be region locked? 030a41a9-7df5-4d6a-8504-86ce49a924df
  8. Why are all threads in regards to 4K HDR 120Hz and Dolby Atmos cutouts all locked?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why are all threads in regards to 4K HDR 120Hz and Dolby Atmos cutouts all locked?: Here's an example of one that's locked that I chimed in on. Over 16,000 people viewed and you STILL haven't acknowledged or resolved the issue. Which is ****....
  9. I have an Xbox 360 from years ago with a parental lock but no account to reset.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have an Xbox 360 from years ago with a parental lock but no account to reset.: I have an Xbox 360 from years ago with a parental lock on it I don't know the pass code or the security question and there is no account on it to reset it. Is there anyway I can factory reset...
  10. Brand new level 20 Lock LF Clan Strikes/Raids. (Xbox 360)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Brand new level 20 Lock LF Clan Strikes/Raids. (Xbox 360): Any Xbox 360 Players that actually want to do strikes and raid successfully add me. I do NOT have a head set as of yet but will within the next week. I have played Massive MMO's WoW, WS, Etc. So...