local admin account hijacked by child signing into xbox

Discus and support local admin account hijacked by child signing into xbox in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; This is the stupidest thing I have ever seen. There was no indication of what would happen. There is nothing preventing a child from being able to sign... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by drewackerman, Jul 1, 2022.

1. drewackerman
    drewackerman Guest

This is the stupidest thing I have ever seen. There was no indication of what would happen. There is nothing preventing a child from being able to sign into xbox app using there account. **** is wrong with microsoft.

After buying minecraft, this is what happened and my computer has been stuck this way for a couple years.

I cannot sign into any basic windows and microsoft websites even. I do not have the option to unlink the childs email from my own original local admin account.

What is a phone number for support? Since this happened during a purchase of a game, is the windows store or xbox pc group responsible for fixing my computer?

Un real.

:)

drewackerman, Jul 1, 2022
  2. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today DrewAckerman

So, is this issue happening on a Windows PC, you have a local admin account but a child email is linked to that local admin account?

Is that user the only on your PC?

May I know which one steps you have done so far to try fixing it, in that way I can advise you try different things

I'll look forward for your feedback
  3. AnjelOglesby Win User

child privacy settings

You can also change the settings on Xbox One once the child has been added to the Admin account family. Just have both accounts signed in, while under the Admin account go to Settings > Family > Then choose the Child Account to Manage Settings.
  4. ArifAhmed2 Win User

Application Fails after Xbox Game Pass PC Beta

5. CarTzy Win User

Unable to create outlook.com email accounts for my kids.

Hello Manimaran U R,

If you are currently trying to perform this on a Windows device, please go over to the accounts section under settings.

Create a local user account and make it an admin.

You may follow the steps here: Create a local user or administrator account in Windows - Microsoft Support

Remove the parent account and login with the newly created local account.

Once you sign in with the new user account

Sign in to Microsoft Family with the parent account.

Once you are logged in,

Remove the child account and add it back.
  6. onyxishere Win User

Had to turn off Kinect Signin

The issue isn't exactly the Hijacking of the system. It's the fact that when a child is signed in their restrictions are what is kicking you out.

Kind of annoying but at least it's fixable.
Thema:

1. local admin account hijacked by child signing into xbox - Similar Threads - local admin account

2. PGA Tour 2K23 local guest options

in XBoX Accessibility
    PGA Tour 2K23 local guest options: You can import another profile from the same console as another player. But will this bring over their stats as well? Or does this only bring over their name? Also id there a way for a guest...
  3. Is local split screen not working on Xbox X series

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Is local split screen not working on Xbox X series: Is Xbox split screen working after update to Fortnite today 3a69d581-243a-45c3-a402-8174b9aebd3c
  4. Local save data full

in XBoX on Consoles
    Local save data full: My xbox has started giving me the message 'not enough space for save data, please clear some space and retry' I cleared the local save data from the settings menu but it is recurring every couple...
  5. Halo Infinity local multiplayer set up questions

in XBoX on Consoles
    Halo Infinity local multiplayer set up questions: I have Game Pass for my Xbox One and my friend has a game pass for Xbox series X we can both play multiplayer on separate TVs as we have separate devices. I know that Halo multiplayer is free even...
  6. Various Updates to Properly reflect local language is a Meme.

in XboX Insiders
    Various Updates to Properly reflect local language is a Meme.: Again, another patch note blog with nothing in it but “various updates to properly reflect local language”. This line has to become a meme at some point. Let’s look at all the fixes implemented...
  7. Are there any recent plans to add local co-op or account sharing to Xcloud?

in XboX Insiders
    Are there any recent plans to add local co-op or account sharing to Xcloud?: Regarding local coop, I was thinking about adding compatibility for 2 controls in a single game, for example, FIFA 23, where I believe that many players would like to play 1v1 with friends....
  8. Cloud Saves and Local save clearing! Someone important needs to read this and get it done!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cloud Saves and Local save clearing! Someone important needs to read this and get it done!: Okay I'm a multiplatform player been with Xbox since the well, Xbox. I'm going to skip a trip down memory lane and land at the creation of cloud saves. When it was first introduced it worked...
  9. Can't get two Xbox elite controllers to work for local play on PC.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't get two Xbox elite controllers to work for local play on PC.: Hi, and thanks to anyone here to help. The issue we're running into is not being able to connect and use 2 elite controllers with the USB connector dongles (one older and one new, both controllers...
  10. Skyrim SE (PC) on Game Pass Ultimate will only open on admin user account and not local...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Skyrim SE (PC) on Game Pass Ultimate will only open on admin user account and not local...: I am able to play skyrim on the admin user account for my PC. If I want other user accounts on the same PC to play it, Skyrim will not open on the xbox app. I at first got an app license error and...