Load time issues, bluray player, assorted other issues.

Discus and support Load time issues, bluray player, assorted other issues. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Ok, where to start. First off console worked well out of the box. I was able to play games fairly well. Then I tried watching a bluray (as advertised... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by flyboysolo, Jan 4, 2014.

1. flyboysolo
    flyboysolo Guest

Ok, where to start. First off console worked well out of the box. I was able to play games fairly well. Then I tried watching a bluray (as advertised as being able to) which turned into a disaster. The video was garbled after about an hour of the movie.
    I read online that a good fix for this was to do a hard turn off and power cycle the x1. I did this, worked great again. Then I put in another disk and was having some issues. It would not even load up the bluray "app" which by the way, having it be an app
    instead of just hardware seems backward to me, but thats just my opinion. Next I tried the power cycle again. At this point the console wouldnt even turn on, it would show the green start up screen then go to a black screen where it would stall for ages. So
    I went searching the internet again. Found the Offline System Update Diagnostic Tool (which they should have called the Offline Diagnostic System Tool so it would be ODST just saying) and ran that through the x1. Now it turns on again but I cant get into any
    apps. Nothing loads up, it shows the image and then goes back to home. So at least at this point I can play games from a disk, but good luck trying to get new apps or watch netflix, or see what my friends messaged me about. I feel like this is something that
    needs repair, but I am also thinking it is a software problem, but until then it looks like I will be forced to switching back and forth between my 360 and my one so that I can watch netflix with my gf. I guess my question is what is the real problem, is it
    hardware or software? Second what is the timeline on getting these issues fixed? and Third, what kind of recompense will we, the loyal customers, be getting for dealing with all the hangups and issues related? I feel like some free live time would be great,
    just saying.

P.S. I dont want to say that I would go out and get a PS4 because of this, but I am saying that I may reconsider buying a console ever again, if these issues are not fixed in a timely manner, say before titan fall comes out...

Also I want to remind whoever posts in this, that I am not a child. I am a college graduate and am decent with computers. I will understand technical terms or I will find out what they mean. DO NOT just tell me to go and power cycle again. I understand that
    is what Microsoft is telling all their customer support people to say and it is not the solve all they think it is. So if thats the only answer please dont waste my time. Thank you!

:)

flyboysolo, Jan 4, 2014
  2. apaup117
    apaup117 Guest
    Redbox/BluRay player issues

Is fast forwarding through previews just a no-no? A few seconds after I try and speed through to the menu, shit just freezes up, screen goes black, app shuts down, restarts from the beginning. Wasn't sure if it was a Redbox thing, or the player itself. Insight?

apaup117, Jan 4, 2014
  3. Redbox/BluRay player issues

I have never had a problem. Sometimes it lets me skip the entire preview, otherwise I can fast forward through it.

KeepOnRollingBaby, Jan 4, 2014
  4. flyboysolo
    flyboysolo Guest

ok just an update. Still havent gotten anything to work. The kinect now wont hear what Im saying anymore, not even to shut off. Probably gonna try a factory reset and then if its still not working move to repair.

flyboysolo, Jan 7, 2014
  5. I had to do a factory reset (hard reset) a few times for various reasons also... I think to date I have done 4 or 5 which doesn't make me feel good now that i think of it. Good Luck!!

PrimitiveMeat, Oct 31, 2018
  6. PrimitiveMeat Win User

I had to do a factory reset (hard reset) a few times for various reasons also... I think to date I have done 4 or 5 which doesn't make me feel good now that i think of it. Good Luck!!
  7. flyboysolo Win User

ok just an update. Still havent gotten anything to work. The kinect now wont hear what Im saying anymore, not even to shut off. Probably gonna try a factory reset and then if its still not working move to repair.
  8. UNSC J0HN 117 Win User

Blu Ray Problem: Cannot play Game of Thrones Season 3

I agree a lot of the issue's aren't related to the bluray discs, it's the firmware on the bluray drive or the app that needs patching, I had something different happen though, my issues was with X-Men: The Last Stand on bluray, it just give me the error
    message saying the firmware needs updating on the bluray player in order to play the disc, I put it in my ps4 and it worked first time, tried it with two other bluray players and they all played it flawlessly.

So there must be a lot of firmware/patches required for the drive for certain blurays. I'm sure they will find out what the problem is and hopefully patch the app or address the issues in the next firmware update
  9. ThatGirl98 Win User

Xbox One Bluray App Having Issues Playing DVD

Update: I've now tried playing a Bluray and midway through the movie, and had issues with that as well. The picture became jumbled and after the app seemed to struggle a bit, it brought me back to the home screen. I've tried multiple times and the app closes
    at a similar spot. The disc plays fine in my other 3 bluray players.
  10. M3tal Daz3 Win User

(0x80820002) Error message when trying to play one specific game - Madden 16

To solve this issue you should delete the BluRay-Player App, Hard-shut-down the xbox, reinstall the BluRay-Player App, you are done.

Enjoy gaming!
Thema:

1. Load time issues, bluray player, assorted other issues. - Similar Threads - Load issues bluray

2. Why does it so long to load up any game i have a issue with this

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does it so long to load up any game i have a issue with this: Why does it take so long to load up any game i am having a issue with this 35815371-c7ca-470e-b24a-585a98e090b9
  3. New mw3 disc won’t load have I got the wrong game or is the console the issue ?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    New mw3 disc won’t load have I got the wrong game or is the console the issue ?: mw3 disc won’t load on my Xbox one have u paid for the wrong game 9bac90d2-7124-4a01-b887-16100eb234da
  4. How do I resolve this issue? Loading screen.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I resolve this issue? Loading screen.: I am playing Halo wars definitive edition on my PC and , it lets me launch my game but whenever I press start I get stuck on a loading screen that reads " Loading your profiles storage" I have...
  5. Is anyone having the issue with the game bauldars gate 3 crashing right after loading?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Is anyone having the issue with the game bauldars gate 3 crashing right after loading?: Help me I just want to play the game. I played bauldars gate for 20 hours or so approximately over about 5 days and now when I try to load up the game it will sync forever and then start to load...
  6. ark game cloud issue with loading ark servers

in XBoX Games and Apps
    ark game cloud issue with loading ark servers: when i get on ark in game cloud i try to load a server and it says i cant retrieve server address on every server 0fea0558-cffa-4f4a-92a7-73024c4a27fa
  7. Fallout 76 Issues playing on PC - black screen after load

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Fallout 76 Issues playing on PC - black screen after load: Fallout 76 will start and goto a black screen after the initial load screen. This is the only game that I have this issue with. Have uninstalled and reinstalled multiple times and drivers are all...
  8. Strange issue when trying to load Xbox.com/play from within Chrome

in XboX Insiders
    Strange issue when trying to load Xbox.com/play from within Chrome: When I load up Xbox.com/play on Chrome and login all of the games are grayed out and I can’t select anything. I am an ultimate subscriber. It works fine on my phone, but is failing on my Android...
  9. Having issues at gamepass home menu with games loading & play buttons on games grayed out....

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Having issues at gamepass home menu with games loading & play buttons on games grayed out....: Having issues at gamepass home menu with games loading & play buttons on games grayed out. Is there a fix for this? 9f06d45e-80bd-48a1-856d-8ec718c7af49
  10. I have been having an issue with cloud gaming for windows as it will not load at all. can...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I have been having an issue with cloud gaming for windows as it will not load at all. can...: I have been trying to launch cloud gaming for windows on my computer but every single time i press play it get a black screen then it goes back to the game page as if it tries to load but cant. i...