Links to YouTube videos in the Rewards app don't open the video anymore, just open the...

Discus and support Links to YouTube videos in the Rewards app don't open the video anymore, just open the... in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; I noticed a few weeks ago that the cards in the Rewards app that refere to a YouTube video don't open the video directly as it used to. Instead it just... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/jurrabi, Jan 9, 2021.

1. /u/jurrabi
    /u/jurrabi Guest

Links to YouTube videos in the Rewards app don't open the video anymore, just open the...

I noticed a few weeks ago that the cards in the Rewards app that refere to a YouTube video don't open the video directly as it used to. Instead it just goes to the Home feed.

I'm noticing this on the Xbox Series X (Alpha Skip Ahead).

Before it used to ask for permission before opening videos launched from another app, but now it doesn't do that either.

I reported via the Report Bug function in the console, but I thought of adding it also here to check if somebody else has noticed it.

submitted by /u/jurrabi
    [link] [comments]

/u/jurrabi, Jan 9, 2021
  2. Cherrepaha Win User

NHL Gamecenter

I tried StativeBeatle65's solution and it worked for me!

Open the YouTube app.. Open a video [the YouTube trends video worked for me].. Press A to bring up the video controls... On the far right of that menu, select the CC button. Select Turn Off Closed Captioning. Exit the app. You're done!

This helped me turn off Closed Captioning in NHL Gamecenter on an Australian Xbox.
  3. Cherrepaha Win User

Can't turn off closed captions

Open the YouTube app.. Open a video [the YouTube trends video worked for me].. Press A to bring up the video controls... On the far right of that menu, select the CC button. Select Turn Off Closed Captioning. Exit the app. You're done!

This helped me turn off Closed Captioning in NHL Gamecenter on an Australian Xbox.
  4. Cherrepaha Win User

closed captions

5. Cherrepaha Win User

NEW DASHBOARD UPDATE BROKE THE APPS SEARCH! ALSO TURNED ON CLOSED CAPTIONING IN CONOLE OPTIONS!

Try opening a video in the YouTube app. Bring up the video controls and select the CC button on the far right of the control bar... Turn Off the closed captions in that menu. Exit the YouTube app.

That fixed it for me with the same issue in NHL Gamecenter on an Aussie Xbox.
  6. MonjaJozef Win User

Can you upgrade internal HDD in Xbox one S?

You are not allowed to open Console. You lose an option for repair. If you don't mind that, there are lots of videos on youtube.
Thema:

1. Links to YouTube videos in the Rewards app don't open the video anymore, just open the... - Similar Threads - Links YouTube videos

2. Need help with my Microsoft account linking to my psn

in XBoX on Windows
    Need help with my Microsoft account linking to my psn: I play on ps5 and I am unable to sign into my Microsoft account for Minecraft, stating I already have an account linked to my psn but I unfortunately lost access to the email or information linked...
  3. When is the “copy link” feature coming back to gamebar

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    When is the “copy link” feature coming back to gamebar: Why did the copy link feature get removed from gamebar? I used to upload my pc clips to my xbox live activity feed but ever middle of 2023 the feature has been gone. I’ve seen a post that says we...
  4. My Xbox series s won’t connect to my Sony Bravia link it says out of range

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox series s won’t connect to my Sony Bravia link it says out of range: My Xbox series s won’t connect to my Sony Bravia link it says out of range 1d98f5e7-ffeb-470b-a34e-5124caef8394
  5. I just want to know where the hell do I put this link that keeps coming up on my Xbox to...

in XBoX on Windows
    I just want to know where the hell do I put this link that keeps coming up on my Xbox to...: Where do I put this link from my Xbox so I can play the damn games a13086df-ef2b-490f-9ce0-2b383915e16e
  6. Lost account details linked to PS4 Minecraft Account/Can micrsoft unlink an...

in XBoX on Windows
    Lost account details linked to PS4 Minecraft Account/Can micrsoft unlink an...: So a few years back in the Village and Pillage update, I created a Microsoft account to link to my PS4 Minecraft account, the problem is that it signed me out automatically a year later; and ever...
  7. Can I link my 15 year old account to discord?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Can I link my 15 year old account to discord?: My account is 15 years old but I can't link it to discord. Is there anything I can do to fix it? c55fafd9-5790-4024-bb1f-7fdfa4f47d54
  8. I pre ordered sea of thieves on my ps5 and I have no idea how to link my ps5 account with...

in XBoX on Windows
    I pre ordered sea of thieves on my ps5 and I have no idea how to link my ps5 account with...: Can any one help with this or am I gonna have to contact support for help I'm completely in the dark over here 6ce66d84-3105-450c-b846-2f0e3073a095
  9. i just made a new twitch account on my phone and successfully linked it to my xbox but when...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    i just made a new twitch account on my phone and successfully linked it to my xbox but when...: i already restarted my game but it still shows the old account a8a1b4d4-3953-4f36-b512-574e658c7f12
  10. Live stream check it out link for YouTube in there to

in XboX Insiders
    Live stream check it out link for YouTube in there to: https://twitch.tv/b_gaming99 submitted by /u/Young_onion99 [link] [comments]