Linking PC games pass to child account

Discus and support Linking PC games pass to child account in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; We have the ultimate game pass and have had no issue linking kids account for gameplay on the console but cant figure out how to link their accounts... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by bb6_662, May 8, 2021.

1. bb6_662
    bb6_662 Guest

We have the ultimate game pass and have had no issue linking kids account for gameplay on the console but cant figure out how to link their accounts with the pc. Downloaded the app and they can play on my account fine, which is the admin account for our family, but when I log into their account it says they need to buy a pass for access. I have gone through our Microsoft family account settings, into the kids account settings, I've looked through the x box account settings too and still can't seem to figure it out.....

:)

bb6_662, May 8, 2021
  2. XBF Meryem R Win User

Hello, in order for them to be able to use the Ultimate gamepass subscription on PC, it will need to be bought on their account.
  3. SepiaMX Win User

My son has XBox One; Can I use my PC to play XBox games with him remotely using an internet connection

Hi there,

What I would recommend would be to set the Xbox as your home by following the steps here: Designate a home Xbox. Then you create
    a child account and add family members on the Xbox. There is a lot of information about

Family and responsible gaming
    in that link.

Getting game pass ultimate is a good idea as include both game pass and Xbox live in one subscription. You can customize the settings of your son's account here

Change your child’s Xbox privacy and online safety settings

As Game Pass ultimate includes can be used for Xbox and PC you can play in your PC too while your son plays on the Xbox, but as many have said already, Minecraft is not included in Game pass for PC.
  4. AngBain Win User

cross platform issues

Hiya, its an xbox one but i was trying to update via my pc to change the child account that is linked to family child account.
  5. Fatima_J Win User

How to add PC Gamepass to Childs PC

Hi Duff_C ,

Thank you for posting to the Microsoft community.

Based on the description, you would like to know how to add PC Game pass to Childs PC.

I'm glad you took the time to consider this for us so we can help you figure it out for you

Before anything else, let me ask you the following questions below so that I fully understand the problem.

1. What are the steps ahve you done so far?

In your case, you may try to check the link below that is related to your issue.
    PC Game Pass | Xbox

Purchase settings for child accounts | Xbox Support

We look forward to your response.

Truly Yours,

Fatima

Microsoft Moderator
  6. Cerebral Paul Win User

Why does the Xbox app think I'm a child?

Hello, I was born in 1998 and my account even says that I am yet my account is considered a child account and I can't play certain games off of game pass.
    Was the account created as a child account linked to an adult account?

If so, have the adult log in and update the setting for your account (I had this issue a few years back)
Thema:

1. Linking PC games pass to child account - Similar Threads - Linking games pass

2. trying to link 2 different accounts on game pass

in XBoX Accessibility
    trying to link 2 different accounts on game pass: I have xbox gamepass ultimate on xbox I just bought a new pc. when I log in it gives me an old microsoft account. I cant seem to find a away to link the account that is on my xbox can anyone...
  3. Linking Wife's account to mine and sharing Game Pass

in XBoX Accessibility
    Linking Wife's account to mine and sharing Game Pass: I want link our accounts together in a way so all of our games are shared and we share a single-price Game Pass subscription. I don't need any account monitoring or any other parental control or...
  4. Ea play and xbox game pass will not link/unlink

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Ea play and xbox game pass will not link/unlink: EA play and xbox will notlink/unlink. I have an adult Ea account it just changed over, but i am still unable to connect to xbox game pass as it tells me the account is already linked. the email...
  5. Xbox pc game pass link not working

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox pc game pass link not working: I bought the xbox pc game pass and was going to give a friend one of the 5 links to have it for 14 days, however when she signed in to recieve the game pass, it took her back to the screen to...
  6. My game pass ultimate subscription was linked to a BT/EE account which I dont have an...

in XBoX Accessibility
    My game pass ultimate subscription was linked to a BT/EE account which I dont have an...: My game pass ultimate subscription was linked to a BT/EE account which I dont have an account there by the way. Can you help me? 3088c4f5-4f97-4d6a-8f87-32a7f52f431f
  7. PC Gamepass "Give PC Game Pass" Referral Link Not Working

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    PC Gamepass "Give PC Game Pass" Referral Link Not Working: Hi, Microsoft. So I tried to share my free 14-day gamepass codes to my friends, but when they accessed the link it says the URL is no longer available, specifically it says: "The URL may be...
  8. Is it possible to get game pass ultimate, without linking a credit card to the account, or...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Is it possible to get game pass ultimate, without linking a credit card to the account, or...: I’ve been planning to get Game Pass Ultimate for my personal account for a while, (I can access it on Xbox through a family member’s subscription) but I don’t want to have a credit card linked to...
  9. Game pass linked to wrong account

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game pass linked to wrong account: So im logged into game pass on my xbox account on my pc. There was an issue with the payment method due to an expired account so i clicked the renew button on the app. This then resubbed. Only...
  10. I'm unable to link Xbox Games Pass to my Riot account

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I'm unable to link Xbox Games Pass to my Riot account: When I link my Xbox account to Riot, I get this error: "Sorry, we're having some trouble right now. Please try again." ↓↓↓ --- [img] --- Can you help me make this? Thank you....