Linking existing xbox live account to new microsoft family account

Discus and support Linking existing xbox live account to new microsoft family account in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Hi. So I created 2 accounts for my kids under my microsoft family account and generated their own microsoft logins for use on the home PCs. Would it... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by JoopKaspers, Mar 28, 2022.

1. JoopKaspers
    JoopKaspers Guest

Hi.

So I created 2 accounts for my kids under my microsoft family account and generated their own microsoft logins for use on the home PCs. Would it be possible to move or link my 2 sons (Seperate) xbox accounts to the newly created family profiles? Currently the one account is linked to my personal microsoft account (the main account where-under the new family accounts were created) and the other on my wifes personal account. Any help would be appreciated.

:)

JoopKaspers, Mar 28, 2022
  2. HomegrownSilky Win User

Unfortunately for you, nothing can be moved or transferred between Microsoft accounts. Their Xbox accounts are forever tied to the accounts used during creation. The only option to have the children's accounts separate from yours would be for one of you to start over with new accounts.
  3. JoopKaspers Win User

Thanks for the response WPAK

So I'll try to clarify

I have a microsoft account Lets call it Admin.

I created a xbox account for son 1 using this admin account. So he is using my admin login for the xbox. (using my microsoft account)

My wife created another xbox account for son number 2. Lets call it Xbox2 (using her email as login details)

Recently I built a PC for the kids to use at home for school projects, research (microsoft office access) and maybe some gaming. I have now created a microsoft login for both sons under my microsoft account (Admin) lets call these accounts Fam1 and Fam2.

I want to know if it's possible to move or migrate all the info (game saves, Gamer tags etc) from Admin and Xbox2 to Fam1 and Fam2 respectively.

So my admin account won't be needed to login to the xbox and hopefully enable Son1 and Son2 to access the home PC and xbox under their own profiles that are still managed by my admin account.

Sorry for the long post. I hope this clarifies. Your help is sincerely appreciated.
  4. WPAK Win User

Hi there,

I might be wrong, but currently it sounds like one account is connected to one family (at your account) and the other is connected to a different family (at your wifes personal account) In that case I assume the thing to do would be to remove the child account from your wifes family account and add it to 'your' family account. You should also be able to add your wife her account to the same family so that all accounts are in the same family.
  5. staryoshi06 Win User

Child account becoming Adult account

Yes, I use my microsoft account to sign into my xbox live account. I also have the xbox app on windows 10, and am definitely logged into the same live account (although I cannot see my mother's account on the xbox app, while I can see it on the console).
    If I go to settings, it shows my microsoft account.

The thing is, my microsoft account existed without being connected to a family before I created my xbox one live account. It seems that it was only linked to a family when I made my xbox live account, so it seems to be only tied to a family there.
  6. brandiesel1 Win User

Can't add family members to my Family Pack in the Settings/Family menu

Add or Remove Xbox Live Gold Family Pack Members.

Maybe you will see something in the link to help you.

Here are just a few notes from that link;

Notes

• Only the primary account can add a member (secondary account) to a Gold Family Pack. If you’re adding an existing account, you’ll need the Microsoft account and password of the account that you’re adding.
    • If the account that you want to add to your Family Pack is not stored on your console, you’ll need to download the Xbox LIVE gamertag.
    • Existing Xbox LIVE accounts keep all Microsoft Points and gamerscores when you add them to the Gold Family Pack.

After these notes there is a step-by-step guide.

Let us know if it works out for you.
Thema:

1. Linking existing xbox live account to new microsoft family account - Similar Threads - Linking existing live

2. Need help with my Microsoft account linking to my psn

in XBoX on Windows
    Need help with my Microsoft account linking to my psn: I play on ps5 and I am unable to sign into my Microsoft account for Minecraft, stating I already have an account linked to my psn but I unfortunately lost access to the email or information linked...
  3. When is the “copy link” feature coming back to gamebar

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    When is the “copy link” feature coming back to gamebar: Why did the copy link feature get removed from gamebar? I used to upload my pc clips to my xbox live activity feed but ever middle of 2023 the feature has been gone. I’ve seen a post that says we...
  4. My Xbox series s won’t connect to my Sony Bravia link it says out of range

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox series s won’t connect to my Sony Bravia link it says out of range: My Xbox series s won’t connect to my Sony Bravia link it says out of range 1d98f5e7-ffeb-470b-a34e-5124caef8394
  5. I just want to know where the hell do I put this link that keeps coming up on my Xbox to...

in XBoX on Windows
    I just want to know where the hell do I put this link that keeps coming up on my Xbox to...: Where do I put this link from my Xbox so I can play the damn games a13086df-ef2b-490f-9ce0-2b383915e16e
  6. Lost account details linked to PS4 Minecraft Account/Can micrsoft unlink an...

in XBoX on Windows
    Lost account details linked to PS4 Minecraft Account/Can micrsoft unlink an...: So a few years back in the Village and Pillage update, I created a Microsoft account to link to my PS4 Minecraft account, the problem is that it signed me out automatically a year later; and ever...
  7. Can I link my 15 year old account to discord?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Can I link my 15 year old account to discord?: My account is 15 years old but I can't link it to discord. Is there anything I can do to fix it? c55fafd9-5790-4024-bb1f-7fdfa4f47d54
  8. I pre ordered sea of thieves on my ps5 and I have no idea how to link my ps5 account with...

in XBoX on Windows
    I pre ordered sea of thieves on my ps5 and I have no idea how to link my ps5 account with...: Can any one help with this or am I gonna have to contact support for help I'm completely in the dark over here 6ce66d84-3105-450c-b846-2f0e3073a095
  9. i just made a new twitch account on my phone and successfully linked it to my xbox but when...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    i just made a new twitch account on my phone and successfully linked it to my xbox but when...: i already restarted my game but it still shows the old account a8a1b4d4-3953-4f36-b512-574e658c7f12
  10. My account is linked to an email address that no longer exists

in XBoX Accessibility
    My account is linked to an email address that no longer exists: When my xbox was first setup I used my parents email address to create the account. Since then I have been using this for the past 15+ years with no issues. It does occassionally ask to confirm...