Linking an offline Xbox 360 avatar to an existing account.

Discus and support Linking an offline Xbox 360 avatar to an existing account. in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I just plugged in my old Xbox 360 after a long time to link my offline avatar with lots of saves useful in FH4 to my existing Microsoft account.But it... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by JSTLNNY37, Mar 16, 2020.

1. JSTLNNY37
    JSTLNNY37 Guest

I just plugged in my old Xbox 360 after a long time to link my offline avatar with lots of saves useful in FH4 to my existing Microsoft account.But it only lets me to make a new account.How should i link it? I can't find anyone who has this problem or
    a solution.When i go to the normal sign up process it says that the e-mail or password doesn't work.

:)

JSTLNNY37, Mar 16, 2020
  2. JSTLNNY37 Win User

Connecting to Xbox live with an existing account is exactly what i am trying to do.
  3. StuartATrueRed Win User

You cannot link one account to another. Sorry to say it's just not possible. Unless you are trying to make your offline account an online one, then this should help (I got it from the Xbox support page)

To convert your offline profile into a gamertag, make sure that you have a Microsoft account available that's not currently associated with another gamertag.

1. Sign in to the profile that you want to convert from an offline profile to a gamertag.
    2. Press the Guide button to bring up the mini-guide.
    3. Go to Settings and then select Profile.
    4. Select Join Xbox Live.
    5. Enter your first name.
    6. Enter your Microsoft account email address.
    7. Enter your Microsoft account password.
    8. Verify the information on the screen.
    9. Verify the current privacy settings.
    10. Review the
      Microsoft Services Agreement
      and then select I accept.

Here is the link if you want it
    https://beta.support.xbox.com/help/account-profile/profile/change-xbox-live-gamertag
  4. Capitain Gonzo Win User

Hi you can restore your gamertag from the cloud via the XBOX 360. Does your console go online and connect to XBOX Live?
  5. Daft Badger Win User

Linking offline xbox 360 account to existing live account?

Sorry but you can't merge 2 accounts.
  6. OmgLas3rsPewPew Win User

Linking offline xbox 360 account to existing live account?

@StrangeSubset1 Hey , maybe this can help you out : From what I understood your boy has a offline account on which he played only offline until now. Initially when he made this account I guess he made it as a child account and he added his real age there
    ( less than 18 years of age) . This means that now your boy's account can join live and play on xbox live only if it has a parent account linked to it. if your son's account is not like to a full adult xbox account( parent account) he wont be able to play
    on xbox live because somebody needs to accept the terms of use and mange the content controls of this child account. What I would recommend you to try is to add your sons account to a parent account. You can try to add this child account to a New Microsoft
    account ( it would be best to creat a new one for yourself) . I would recommend to contact Xbox Customer Support explain to the your situation and they can guide you on how this can be done , and what can be done in your situation. A resolution will be found
    with a bit of luck and patience :) Good luck :)
Thema:

1. Linking an offline Xbox 360 avatar to an existing account. - Similar Threads - Linking offline 360

2. Need help with my Microsoft account linking to my psn

in XBoX on Windows
    Need help with my Microsoft account linking to my psn: I play on ps5 and I am unable to sign into my Microsoft account for Minecraft, stating I already have an account linked to my psn but I unfortunately lost access to the email or information linked...
  3. When is the “copy link” feature coming back to gamebar

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    When is the “copy link” feature coming back to gamebar: Why did the copy link feature get removed from gamebar? I used to upload my pc clips to my xbox live activity feed but ever middle of 2023 the feature has been gone. I’ve seen a post that says we...
  4. My Xbox series s won’t connect to my Sony Bravia link it says out of range

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox series s won’t connect to my Sony Bravia link it says out of range: My Xbox series s won’t connect to my Sony Bravia link it says out of range 1d98f5e7-ffeb-470b-a34e-5124caef8394
  5. I just want to know where the hell do I put this link that keeps coming up on my Xbox to...

in XBoX on Windows
    I just want to know where the hell do I put this link that keeps coming up on my Xbox to...: Where do I put this link from my Xbox so I can play the damn games a13086df-ef2b-490f-9ce0-2b383915e16e
  6. Lost account details linked to PS4 Minecraft Account/Can micrsoft unlink an...

in XBoX on Windows
    Lost account details linked to PS4 Minecraft Account/Can micrsoft unlink an...: So a few years back in the Village and Pillage update, I created a Microsoft account to link to my PS4 Minecraft account, the problem is that it signed me out automatically a year later; and ever...
  7. Can I link my 15 year old account to discord?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Can I link my 15 year old account to discord?: My account is 15 years old but I can't link it to discord. Is there anything I can do to fix it? c55fafd9-5790-4024-bb1f-7fdfa4f47d54
  8. I pre ordered sea of thieves on my ps5 and I have no idea how to link my ps5 account with...

in XBoX on Windows
    I pre ordered sea of thieves on my ps5 and I have no idea how to link my ps5 account with...: Can any one help with this or am I gonna have to contact support for help I'm completely in the dark over here 6ce66d84-3105-450c-b846-2f0e3073a095
  9. i just made a new twitch account on my phone and successfully linked it to my xbox but when...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    i just made a new twitch account on my phone and successfully linked it to my xbox but when...: i already restarted my game but it still shows the old account a8a1b4d4-3953-4f36-b512-574e658c7f12
  10. Playing EA owned games offline on a linked Xbox One

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Playing EA owned games offline on a linked Xbox One: i have an owned EA game and my EA account linked to my xbox one , when i try to play my EA game on xbox it says "sign in with profile used to buy this game , make sure subscription to Gold , game...