Linking an existing Xbox Live account to a family/Parent or transfer of XBox Live account

Discus and support Linking an existing Xbox Live account to a family/Parent or transfer of XBox Live account in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi, Please help. Does anyone know how I can transfer an Xbox live account to either: - Another Xbox Live ID/Account Or Add it to an existing... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by The Cannman77, Jan 4, 2014.

1. Linking an existing Xbox Live account to a family/Parent or transfer of XBox Live account

Hi,

Please help. Does anyone know how I can transfer an Xbox live account to either: -

Another Xbox Live ID/Account

Or

Add it to an existing family/Parent members account ?

The situation is that my 10 yr old son has an account set up (created using my Wife's details which we have access to but don't need to use anymore). I want to set parental controls on his account and administer his settings using
    my existing Xbox Live parental account. I have tried setting up a new account and the parental controls work fine but he will lose his existing gamers rewards/points etc. So if I cant
    link his account to mine, is it possible that I can transfer his account (& rewards, etc) to the newly created child account?

Many thanks,

Confused Dad :-s

:)

The Cannman77, Jan 4, 2014
  2. Mrs L
    Mrs L Guest
    Unable to add son to xbox one

As above,

Select child
    Sign in as parent
    get to the 50c card authorisation, add card details
    Then get card already exists on account - go through screens - again!!

Then after about 10 minutes updating account it fails with code 45468.7036976521340.5055251569016685

Go to xbox errorhelp - can't find it Linking an existing Xbox Live account to a family/Parent or transfer of XBox Live account :(

Can anybody help please we are pulling our hair out on this

Just to say the card is on account from xbox and also Microsoft accounts linked to the parents account!

Mrs L, Jan 4, 2014
  3. Terms of Use redirect loop

I go to my account and it says accept Terms of Use and i did. it then says:

To continue, Xbox LIVE requires your parent or guardian to have a Xbox LIVE account. Your parent or guardian needs to sign in to an existing Xbox LIVE account or create a new Xbox LIVE account.

i created a new parental account because the old one did not work. i don't know how to connect the new parental account to my account.

EliteXsnipes686, Jan 4, 2014
  4. Temhotabot
    Temhotabot Guest

Linking an existing Xbox Live account to a family/Parent or transfer of XBox Live account

Nothing can be transferred from one account to another, except game saves and that is Game Developer discretion (meaning not all games support it).

Temhotabot, Jan 4, 2014
  5. Thanks. I managed to sort this, after looking through various forums. I logged into the xbox and edited the bill/payment details. Within here I could edit email address and account details. I linked the email to my online account and this syncs perfectly...including
    his Xbox account on his Windows phone.

The Cannman77, Oct 31, 2018
  6. The Cannman77 Win User

Thanks. I managed to sort this, after looking through various forums. I logged into the xbox and edited the bill/payment details. Within here I could edit email address and account details. I linked the email to my online account and this syncs perfectly...including
    his Xbox account on his Windows phone.
  7. Temhotabot Win User

Nothing can be transferred from one account to another, except game saves and that is Game Developer discretion (meaning not all games support it).
  8. Buachaill Dona Win User

Transferring XBOX One content and Skins to a new account

Hi there,

It's not possible to transfer those kinds of purchases between an existing and new account. I would suggest as a work around is to set a new account up for your self, and remove the card from the existing account. As you can purchase content from your account
    as a gift for your child instead. Here's a link to family settings so you can change the parental controls on the console.

Core family safety features of Xbox One
  9. MindOfTim Win User

Transfer xbox live to seperate account

As far as I'm aware you cannot transfer Xbox Live membership from one account to another. Changing family is possible by either removing the kids from one account then adding to another, or by adding both of your accounts to the same family and giving
    both accounts parental control. If you only use one Xbox you could always make that the home Xbox so any account you use on that Xbox has access to Xbox live or by logging both accounts in which also gives live access but transferring live directly from one
    account to another isnt possible as far as I am aware
  10. RolfeY(2) Win User

Can't accept the terms of use

some typo's:

''The parental e-mail address linked to my account does not exist anymore.''

''I have 9 (or probably 8) months worth of Xbox Live on my account.''
Thema:

1. Linking an existing Xbox Live account to a family/Parent or transfer of XBox Live account - Similar Threads - Linking existing Live

2. Need help with my Microsoft account linking to my psn

in XBoX on Windows
    Need help with my Microsoft account linking to my psn: I play on ps5 and I am unable to sign into my Microsoft account for Minecraft, stating I already have an account linked to my psn but I unfortunately lost access to the email or information linked...
  3. When is the “copy link” feature coming back to gamebar

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    When is the “copy link” feature coming back to gamebar: Why did the copy link feature get removed from gamebar? I used to upload my pc clips to my xbox live activity feed but ever middle of 2023 the feature has been gone. I’ve seen a post that says we...
  4. My Xbox series s won’t connect to my Sony Bravia link it says out of range

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox series s won’t connect to my Sony Bravia link it says out of range: My Xbox series s won’t connect to my Sony Bravia link it says out of range 1d98f5e7-ffeb-470b-a34e-5124caef8394
  5. I just want to know where the hell do I put this link that keeps coming up on my Xbox to...

in XBoX on Windows
    I just want to know where the hell do I put this link that keeps coming up on my Xbox to...: Where do I put this link from my Xbox so I can play the damn games a13086df-ef2b-490f-9ce0-2b383915e16e
  6. Lost account details linked to PS4 Minecraft Account/Can micrsoft unlink an...

in XBoX on Windows
    Lost account details linked to PS4 Minecraft Account/Can micrsoft unlink an...: So a few years back in the Village and Pillage update, I created a Microsoft account to link to my PS4 Minecraft account, the problem is that it signed me out automatically a year later; and ever...
  7. Can I link my 15 year old account to discord?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Can I link my 15 year old account to discord?: My account is 15 years old but I can't link it to discord. Is there anything I can do to fix it? c55fafd9-5790-4024-bb1f-7fdfa4f47d54
  8. I pre ordered sea of thieves on my ps5 and I have no idea how to link my ps5 account with...

in XBoX on Windows
    I pre ordered sea of thieves on my ps5 and I have no idea how to link my ps5 account with...: Can any one help with this or am I gonna have to contact support for help I'm completely in the dark over here 6ce66d84-3105-450c-b846-2f0e3073a095
  9. i just made a new twitch account on my phone and successfully linked it to my xbox but when...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    i just made a new twitch account on my phone and successfully linked it to my xbox but when...: i already restarted my game but it still shows the old account a8a1b4d4-3953-4f36-b512-574e658c7f12
  10. My account is linked to an email address that no longer exists

in XBoX Accessibility
    My account is linked to an email address that no longer exists: When my xbox was first setup I used my parents email address to create the account. Since then I have been using this for the past 15+ years with no issues. It does occassionally ask to confirm...