Linking an existing xbox account to an xbox live account

Discus and support Linking an existing xbox account to an xbox live account in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have a family account with two users on xbox one counsel. I recently purchased an xbox live account. When I log into the xbox one, it only shows my... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by evanwolff, May 18, 2020.

1. evanwolff
    evanwolff Guest

I have a family account with two users on xbox one counsel. I recently purchased an xbox live account. When I log into the xbox one, it only shows my account as being linked to xbox live. What is the process to link the other account (my son's) account?

:)

evanwolff, May 18, 2020
  2. HomegrownSilky Win User

While logged in with the account that has Live Gold, set the Xbox to be the Home console. Once you assign the Xbox as the Gold accounts Home console, the other accounts should be able to use Live Gold.
  3. Miss Portia Win User

Problem with Origin

Hi there HOR5EFR34K - That does sound like the cause of the issue. If your current Windows LIVE ID is linked to an existing Origin account, but that account was originally linked to a different Xbox LIVE account, the system won't be able to link them. What
    you might try is changing the Windows LIVE ID on your Xbox LIVE account, and see if that can help. :)
  4. DeadlyMetal869 Win User

how to add my xbox360 to my account

Hi! Can you kindly add a little more information to the question?

Are you trying to add an existing Xbox Live account to your Xbox 360?

If you are attempting to add an existing Xbox Live account to an Xbox 360, Create or go to the profile you would like the existing Xbox Live account to be accessible on, go to Xbox Live and download the existing account to the profile.
  5. Daft Badger Win User

Linking offline xbox 360 account to existing live account?

Sorry but you can't merge 2 accounts.
  6. OmgLas3rsPewPew Win User

Linking offline xbox 360 account to existing live account?

@StrangeSubset1 Hey , maybe this can help you out : From what I understood your boy has a offline account on which he played only offline until now. Initially when he made this account I guess he made it as a child account and he added his real age there
    ( less than 18 years of age) . This means that now your boy's account can join live and play on xbox live only if it has a parent account linked to it. if your son's account is not like to a full adult xbox account( parent account) he wont be able to play
    on xbox live because somebody needs to accept the terms of use and mange the content controls of this child account. What I would recommend you to try is to add your sons account to a parent account. You can try to add this child account to a New Microsoft
    account ( it would be best to creat a new one for yourself) . I would recommend to contact Xbox Customer Support explain to the your situation and they can guide you on how this can be done , and what can be done in your situation. A resolution will be found
    with a bit of luck and patience :) Good luck :)
Thema:

1. Linking an existing xbox account to an xbox live account - Similar Threads - Linking existing account

2. How can I Unlink my Microsoft account from my old playstation and link it to my new one?

in XBoX on Windows
    How can I Unlink my Microsoft account from my old playstation and link it to my new one?: I need to link my Microsoft account to the playstation account for Minecraft and sea of thieves when it comes out but I'm having trouble doing so. ee52402d-f476-4307-905e-63091ebd38e3
  3. Why does EA link not work !?!?!

in XBoX on Windows
    Why does EA link not work !?!?!: So I am sick to the back teeth with EA, I pay for the service through my Gamepass account and can't access it as apparently it can only be linked to an account for once in its lifetime yet I have...
  4. If I delete my Google account that is linked to my Microsoft Xbox account will my Xbox...

in XBoX on Windows
    If I delete my Google account that is linked to my Microsoft Xbox account will my Xbox...: If I delete my Google account that is linked to my Microsoft Xbox account will my Xbox account be deleted too? a9563886-ea1a-4a2a-8c8c-2d22b6c5294e
  5. Live stream check it out link for YouTube in there to

in XboX Insiders
    Live stream check it out link for YouTube in there to: https://twitch.tv/b_gaming99 submitted by /u/Young_onion99 [link] [comments]
  6. Why cant I link the accounts?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why cant I link the accounts?: I just created a new xbox account and new epic games account about an hour ago. I have a fortnite gift card that I'm trying to redeem but I need to select xbox under the select what you play on...
  7. I want to link my old Minecraft account to my new PlayStation account how do I unlink it...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I want to link my old Minecraft account to my new PlayStation account how do I unlink it...: I want to link my old Minecraft account to my new PlayStation account how do I unlink it from my old one and link it to my new one aeda31a0-b74a-4037-8ead-8cc7d3b55545
  8. The Microsoft Direct Xbox page or link are not working at my end on the website how it can...

in XBoX on Windows
    The Microsoft Direct Xbox page or link are not working at my end on the website how it can...: The Xbox Directly Xbox page or the link are not working at my end on the website can you please fix this problem on the solution and put the work as soon as possibe. Because the Xbox gamers are...
  9. i want to link a xbox account but using a different email to what my epic game is can i do...

in XBoX on Consoles
    i want to link a xbox account but using a different email to what my epic game is can i do...: i want to link a xbox account but using a different email to what my epic game is can i do that? e8ce0939-2d4f-4fb2-8053-513825fb040a
  10. My account is linked to an email address that no longer exists

in XBoX Accessibility
    My account is linked to an email address that no longer exists: When my xbox was first setup I used my parents email address to create the account. Since then I have been using this for the past 15+ years with no issues. It does occassionally ask to confirm...