Link child offline xbox 360 profile to a child xbox live profile

Discus and support Link child offline xbox 360 profile to a child xbox live profile in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have searched the forums and there seems to be no answer to this. I have a child that has been building up a gamerscore on the xbox 360 and wants to... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by gregnat, Jan 1, 2014.

1. gregnat
    gregnat Guest

I have searched the forums and there seems to be no answer to this. I have a child that has been building up a gamerscore on the xbox 360 and wants to be on xbox live without losing his hard earned score. I tried to set up an account for him on the xbox
    360 but it tells me to set this up on the xbox.com website and associate it to my adult account. I have do this. When I go back on the xbox 360 I see the profile listed in my family settings.

What I would like to do now is link his offline xbox 360 profile to the account that is under the family account since I cant sign him up through the xbox 360.

I have tried signing in on the xbox 360 but when I select his offline profile there is no place to put in the email and password associated with his online xbox live account.

Any help would be great.

Thanks,

Greg Palmer

:)

gregnat, Jan 1, 2014
  2. ForfeitLime5
    ForfeitLime5 Guest
    How to turn an Xbox 360 offline profile into a gamertag FOR CHILD ACCOUNT

How do you turn an xbox 360 offline CHILD profile into a gamertag? We are unable to change the profile from child to adult so need to transfer it as is. The 'join xbox live' option is not working.

ForfeitLime5, Jan 1, 2014
  3. WellArtifact964, Jan 1, 2014
  4. Klokkwork
    Klokkwork Guest

Since the console no longer allows child account creation anywhere but the website, I'm afraid I don't know a way to convert an offline profile into a child account. It works perfectly well setting it up as an adult account. I'd love to see a workaround
    for this if anyone has figured one out.

Klokkwork, Jan 1, 2014
  5. Meekba
    Meekba Guest
    I'd really LOVE an answer tot his also! He's playing under me which kinda defeats the purpose. GUess I'll create another one and stick him on it but it's nuts he has to lose everything!!

Meekba, Jan 1, 2014
  6. Well, it's nine months later and I've got the same problem. You'd think Microsoft would address this, but maybe they just don't think it's important...

MichaelAntoniak, Sep 1, 2014
  7. filmnikon
    filmnikon Guest
    I am having exactly the same problem. I have 4 children, all of which started with offline accounts for a few years each. As each one has grown older, I have helped them to create free Xbox Live accounts and migrate their child/offline accounts into, keeping
    their profile and Gamerscore. This has worked fine for my first 3 kids. My last child has recently decided he is ready for an Xbox Live account and there seems to be no way for him to move to Xbox Live at this point from his child account. Any assistance
    on this from anyone would be truly welcome!

- Xbox Live Gold member for over 10 years

filmnikon, Sep 5, 2014
  8. Mousecapade
    Mousecapade Guest

is support even paying attention????

Mousecapade, Sep 10, 2014
  9. Hey, guys! Since Klokkwork up there gave the answer above, I suggest putting this up on our
    Feedback site.

Head over and see if you can find a post that is similar or exactly this. You'll want to give that a vote to move it up the Hot Ideas page. If you can't find it, please do post it up and get the votes for it!

You can also peruse the site for things that we have marked as complete or in progress! This is all thanks to users like you! Link child offline xbox 360 profile to a child xbox live profile :D

We appreciate the feedback, and look forward to seeing this up on the site. Link child offline xbox 360 profile to a child xbox live profile :)

Misses Quinzel, Oct 31, 2018
  10. Misses Quinzel Win User

Hey, guys! Since Klokkwork up there gave the answer above, I suggest putting this up on our
    Feedback site.

Head over and see if you can find a post that is similar or exactly this. You'll want to give that a vote to move it up the Hot Ideas page. If you can't find it, please do post it up and get the votes for it!

You can also peruse the site for things that we have marked as complete or in progress! This is all thanks to users like you! :D

We appreciate the feedback, and look forward to seeing this up on the site. :)
  11. Mousecapade Win User

is support even paying attention????
  12. filmnikon Win User

I am having exactly the same problem. I have 4 children, all of which started with offline accounts for a few years each. As each one has grown older, I have helped them to create free Xbox Live accounts and migrate their child/offline accounts into, keeping
    their profile and Gamerscore. This has worked fine for my first 3 kids. My last child has recently decided he is ready for an Xbox Live account and there seems to be no way for him to move to Xbox Live at this point from his child account. Any assistance
    on this from anyone would be truly welcome!

- Xbox Live Gold member for over 10 years
  13. MichaelAntoniak Win User

Well, it's nine months later and I've got the same problem. You'd think Microsoft would address this, but maybe they just don't think it's important...
  14. Meekba Win User

I'd really LOVE an answer tot his also! He's playing under me which kinda defeats the purpose. GUess I'll create another one and stick him on it but it's nuts he has to lose everything!!
Thema:

1. Link child offline xbox 360 profile to a child xbox live profile - Similar Threads - Link child offline

2. Need help with my Microsoft account linking to my psn

in XBoX on Windows
    Need help with my Microsoft account linking to my psn: I play on ps5 and I am unable to sign into my Microsoft account for Minecraft, stating I already have an account linked to my psn but I unfortunately lost access to the email or information linked...
  3. When is the “copy link” feature coming back to gamebar

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    When is the “copy link” feature coming back to gamebar: Why did the copy link feature get removed from gamebar? I used to upload my pc clips to my xbox live activity feed but ever middle of 2023 the feature has been gone. I’ve seen a post that says we...
  4. My Xbox series s won’t connect to my Sony Bravia link it says out of range

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox series s won’t connect to my Sony Bravia link it says out of range: My Xbox series s won’t connect to my Sony Bravia link it says out of range 1d98f5e7-ffeb-470b-a34e-5124caef8394
  5. How do I change my Outlook email linked to my child's Epic Games account?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I change my Outlook email linked to my child's Epic Games account?: This is one for the books and for those familiar with Epic Games accounts. A long time ago, I deleted my Outlook account without realizing that it was linked to my child's Epic Games account. It...
  6. Child account can't link Discord to Xbox

in XBoX Accessibility
    Child account can't link Discord to Xbox: My kid needs to link his Discord account to Xbox Live. He has my permission, but apparently child accounts can't link to social media accounts. How can I make an exception in parental control to...
  7. Can you link multiple child microsoft accounts to multiple PS4 child accounts within the...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can you link multiple child microsoft accounts to multiple PS4 child accounts within the...: Hello. I have 2 boys who want to play Minecraft together. We have a family account on PS4 (my adult account and their two child accounts). I can set up two Microsoft accounts. However, can I link...
  8. Is it possible to link/use existing child Fornite Xbox accounts on Nintendo Switch?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is it possible to link/use existing child Fornite Xbox accounts on Nintendo Switch?: I have one adult and two child Fortnite accounts on Xbox. I (somehow) linked my adult Xbox Fornite account to our Nintendo Switch and cross-platform play is available for that adult Fortnite...
  9. unable to sign in on the website to link account to bungie.net from family child account...

in XBoX Accessibility
    unable to sign in on the website to link account to bungie.net from family child account...: i have been having a issue with the family system on my xbox even tho i have not got one set up it says that someone has changed my account to child whenever i try to link my account to bungie now...
  10. just renewed Xbox Live Gold, child account won't link

in XBoX on Consoles
    just renewed Xbox Live Gold, child account won't link: My Xbox Live Gold membership had expired and I just renewed it (didn't have it set to auto renew). Now my son's account on the xbox360 still reads Xbox Live Free and I can't figure out how to...