Link a new email to the account and if by doin so does that mean I will lose all the games...

Discus and support Link a new email to the account and if by doin so does that mean I will lose all the games... in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; How do I unlink the email tied to my primary Xbox account and link a new email to the account and if bybdoin so does that mean I will lose all the... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Jt T1, Oct 31, 2022.

1. Jt T1
    Jt T1 Guest

Link a new email to the account and if by doin so does that mean I will lose all the games...

How do I unlink the email tied to my primary Xbox account and link a new email to the account and if bybdoin so does that mean I will lose all the games an such that’s been purchased with this account

:)

Jt T1, Oct 31, 2022
  2. Agaast Win User

Extracting my son's xbox acc. gamertag, gaming history and achievements from my email/profile

hiya, does this mean that Id be losing all the thousands of historic emails I have in that account?
  3. Allebas Win User

Email address

Hi SwagkingMMB,

Is the email you using for your Xbox Live account your mother's email account? If you change the email addresss that belongs to your mother than your basically changing her email address. She will then have to create a new email account for herself. I
    recommend talking it over with her so she is aware of what is going on. Then if she agrees you could just edit the email account to your Xbox Live account and your mother can create a new email account for herself.

You can't make a new email account and link it to yours. If you create a new email account you'll lose all game, game progression, and media associated with the email link to your current Xbox Live account.

Also, are you part of a family account on Xbox?
  4. AridLizard Win User

Moving my child’s Xbox and all his data and gamer tag off my email account and placing it under his since he’s 24 now and lives on his own.

if your email is a microsoft email address it can't be unlinked from the Xbox account.

removing it, even after adding an alias, will permanently delete the email account and you will lose access to anything else associated with it.

if your son creates his own account using a new email address he will still have access to the games and subscriptions purchased on the account linked to your email if you designate his Xbox as Home Xbox for that account.

he will lose all his achievements and game progress but the only alternative would be to let him continue using the account linked to your email.

you could do this by not requiring a password to sign in on the Xbox then changing your password so he won't have access to your email account.
  5. MCTQ Win User

MS account, child grows up, gamer tag

Hi thank you.

what happens to my current email?

so i go in, set a new email as primary.

if i then remove my existing email does that MS account vanish? I cant lose all my saved email, docs, skype contacts etc

thanks for answering i really want to resolve this
  6. annicewheatley Win User

Change of email address and alias

Hi. This is my sons account. His Email account has been lost or shut down from inactivity so I’m unable to get onto it. I’m worried he will lose all his progress on games so wanted to make sure my email is attached, think it’s called an alias email? He is in my family group and I am the organiser - does that mean I automatically am an alias?

Also I’d like to change his email address to a different one that is active without losing his progress etc.

thank you 😊
    I think I wrote this on the wrong account so if someone answers it’ll be sent to the wrong said email that I can’t get into!!

So please reply to me on this account. God technology is hard ha ha
Thema:

1. Link a new email to the account and if by doin so does that mean I will lose all the games... - Similar Threads - Link email account

2. How to access different accounts linked to the same email and password.

in XBoX Accessibility
    How to access different accounts linked to the same email and password.: I was wondering how to access my account that has game pass on it so that I can play games on there but the problem is is that I have multiple accounts linked one email and can only sign into one....
  3. I have 2 accounts linked with 1 email and i want to unlink one of them.

in XBoX Accessibility
    I have 2 accounts linked with 1 email and i want to unlink one of them.: Hello, so i have 2 microsoft accounts linked with one email and i cant log into my main minecraft account. both are linked to the same email 6cad3ec2-8c2f-4103-b8a1-ddbe2ac9ecbc
  4. Two accounts linked to one email/xbox account?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Two accounts linked to one email/xbox account?: So, this problem has been around for a year+ now. I had downloaded the xbox app on my phone to try and message people faster while playing games. When I went into the app it didnt give me an...
  5. How to access my account without the email linked to it?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How to access my account without the email linked to it?: Recently i got my account hacked and with its password changed, whoever, the main problem is that the person changed the email linked to it, which i dont have acess to, i can only post this...
  6. Get access to minecraft account linked to deleted email

in XBoX Accessibility
    Get access to minecraft account linked to deleted email: Hello, so recently i deleted my old email address, not knowing i still had my minecraft account linked to it. I tried recovering it but i got an email saying it has now been blocked. Is there...
  7. I have gamepass and when i try to link my riot account with my email it says it is only a...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I have gamepass and when i try to link my riot account with my email it says it is only a...: I have gamepass and when i try to link my riot account with my email it says it is only a microsoft account and isnt linked to an xbox account 58df6e4d-bb7d-4cff-8dc2-5aa6bc970c28
  8. How do I see my email I used for my Discord account when I link it to my Xbox?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I see my email I used for my Discord account when I link it to my Xbox?: My Xbox account and Discord account have different emails as well. 39a9107c-b004-49ef-807c-8c9e71a11f09
  9. The wrong Xbox account is linked to my email. How do I change it to the correct one?

in XBoX Accessibility
    The wrong Xbox account is linked to my email. How do I change it to the correct one?: As the title says, the wrong Xbox account is linked to my email. I'm signed in fine here on microsoft.com, and also on my Xbox, but they're not the same. How do I change fix my account so that I...
  10. How do I link my previous gamertag with a new email account?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I link my previous gamertag with a new email account?: Hi, I’ve recently been locked out of my Hotmail account that’s linked to my xbox. It’s an account that I set up 15 years ago and the recovery phone number linked to the account is now obsolete....