Limiting network bandwidth usage while downloading updates

Discus and support Limiting network bandwidth usage while downloading updates in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; This is probably the opposite of the question that usually gets asked regarding network bandwidth usage, but figured I'd ask anyway. Whenever I... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by NicholasHanlon, Nov 7, 2020.

1. Limiting network bandwidth usage while downloading updates

This is probably the opposite of the question that usually gets asked regarding network bandwidth usage, but figured I'd ask anyway.

Whenever I download any kind of update, my xbox one uses all of my available network bandwidth. Is there any way to manage this to set a download speed cap? So, instead of using 50MBps to download updates, the xbox is limited to 25MBps to dowload updates?

:)

NicholasHanlon, Nov 7, 2020
  2. NicholasHanlon Win User

thanks fam, didn't even think of that
  3. ngocphi Win User

Yeah you use your network tools

Usually your router and use your QoS

Thats what its for

Managing your network

You never do it in devices and yes thats what a router is for
  4. Anon_771 Win User

How to throttle bandwith for Xbox SX?

I ended up getting a managed network switch ( I think it's actually a smart switch as most managed switches are hundreds of dollars) to limit the bandwidth usage. I amazed Microsoft doesn't offer a network bandwidth usage limiting feature. Steam has it!
  5. XBF Crystal P Win User

Extreme Bandwidth Usage

Hi there Omega,

Thanks for reaching out. I'm sorry to hear about the current issue with bandwidth usage. I recommend to try the following resource article from the Xbox Support website:

Manage network bandwidth for game downloads on Xbox One

Features that are implemented in bandwidth usage are game updates, system updates, multiplayer matches, party chats, game DVR uploads/downloads, and any new downloads.

Hope this helps. Let us know.
  6. One SwiftKiller Win User

Downloading (Installing) GTA V, Stuck at 18%..

could you go to setting network bandwidth usage and tell me what your bandwidth usage has been like in the past 12 hours or since you starting downloading it
Thema:

1. Limiting network bandwidth usage while downloading updates - Similar Threads - Limiting network bandwidth

2. Try your purchase at a later date Your account has reached its purchase limit....

in XBoX on Consoles
    Try your purchase at a later date Your account has reached its purchase limit....: Try your purchase at a later date Your account has reached its purchase limit. PUR-AmountLimitExceeded cr9fxcQklYIcxwwB5bD87B.341.4 This shows up when i try to subscribe to Gamepass...
  3. Is there a capture (screenshot) limit, and can I restore captures that were automatically...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Is there a capture (screenshot) limit, and can I restore captures that were automatically...: I am playing on Xbox One and have been taking many captures (screenshots) to document some things about the game, as well as for my own collection. However, it seems I've reached a very low limit...
  4. Is there a limit when using charge to bill on EE?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is there a limit when using charge to bill on EE?: Cheaper games give me the option, but the new Tekken 8 does not 7f2c21c3-d538-402f-a883-ba526762283e
  5. Xbox wireless headset with PC with limited functionality

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox wireless headset with PC with limited functionality: Hello, I just moved from Xbox to PC and am trying to use the wheel on the left side the same way it works on Xbox. Turn the right wheel works with turning up the master volume. The left wheel to...
  6. Struggling with frequent freezes, random crashes, and power limit throttling.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Struggling with frequent freezes, random crashes, and power limit throttling.: For the past month my computer has descended into an unplayable state. I recently discovered on Intel's XTU program that I am experiencing power limit throttling. Could this be what is the issue...
  7. HOW TO REMOVE ACCOUNT PURCHASE LIMIT

in XBoX on Consoles
    HOW TO REMOVE ACCOUNT PURCHASE LIMIT: HOW TO REMOVE ACCOUNT PURCHASE LIMITS HELP I WANT TO BUY MINECRAFT 6b4ec4e4-d7ee-430a-9191-761d6462c23e
  8. Time limit on Xbox

in XBoX Accessibility
    Time limit on Xbox: Xbox needs to change settings to be able to set time limits in any account. When my son got an Xbox we just signed him up with an account using my info. Now I can’t set time limit for him without...
  9. Additional Network Ports for Multiplayer Gaming: The maximum limit of the balance of this ...

in XboX Networking Hardware
    Additional Network Ports for Multiplayer Gaming: The maximum limit of the balance of this ...: Additional Network Ports for Multiplayer Gaming: The maximum limit of the balance of this Microsoft account has been reached. The maximum limit of the balance of this Microsoft account has been...
  10. You can connect tot Xbox live but your current network configuration setting may limit your ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    You can connect tot Xbox live but your current network configuration setting may limit your ...: Titel says it all this is very frustrating because i think its the reason my minecraft isnt updating live tried wired andere wiredless both worked but it gave me the error both times Tried re...