Limited edition Halo series 2 elite controller has a broken R bumper

Discus and support Limited edition Halo series 2 elite controller has a broken R bumper in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I know Microsoft only replaces and does not fix controllers, so is there any way to confirm if I will indeed get a regular series 2 back if I turn mine... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by SeethingEagle, Sep 4, 2022.

1. Limited edition Halo series 2 elite controller has a broken R bumper

I know Microsoft only replaces and does not fix controllers, so is there any way to confirm if I will indeed get a regular series 2 back if I turn mine in (it is under warranty)? I have not had it long but the right bumper stopped working recently which is pretty disappointing; I still want to keep the controller just to have it if the only other option is to turn it in for a standard one. I wanted to talk to someone at support about this but...Microsoft support is pretty much nonexistent so not much I could do there.

:)

SeethingEagle, Sep 4, 2022
  2. Kathy A. Win User

Hello SeethingEagle,

Welcome to Xbox Community Forum. Thank you for sharing your concern with us today and we hope that all is well.

We understand that you are trying to contact a live support for requesting a repair of your controller. To make it easier for you to contact Xbox Support, we would suggest you to bookmark this link:

(https://support.xbox.com/en-US/contact-us).

Kindly follow the steps below:

1. On the support page, kindly select Contact Us.

[​IMG]

2. This will take you to a small prompt. Kindly select your responses to every question and select Next.

[​IMG]

3. If you are not signed into your Xbox account. You will be prompted of this otherwise you will have your options to contact Xbox Support.

[​IMG]

4. Choose your support options - chat or phone call.

If you are on different locale, please scroll down on the page and update your locale that can be found on lower left side.

[​IMG]

If you encounter any error code or message, please let us know by sending a reply.

Sincerely,

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
  3. dobby220216 Win User

elite series 2 controller

I'm sorry to here that sadly I had my elite series 2 controller do the same thing, it started with the x button and then the bumpers, I noticed stick drift of both the sticks, sadly when I went to the store to exchange it for another one they had no
    elite series 2 controllers in stock, I switched to the Razer wolverine ultimate edition and so far its a great controller
  4. David Wirsching Win User

Elite Series 2 Controller - Broken Bumper

Microsoft has acknowledged these reports and has been providing support and warranty replacements for affected controllers.

Regarding a long-term fix or an official statement from Microsoft, I don't have specific information on any plans they may have for addressing the bumper issue in future controller revisions. It's recommended to stay updated with official announcements from Microsoft.

As for the replacement process, it's understandable that you would prefer a quicker resolution. While it may take some time, it allows Microsoft to provide a thorough service.

Remember to provide feedback to Microsoft regarding your experience and concerns. Customer feedback is valuable for companies to understand user experiences and make improvements to their products and services.

I hope your replacement process goes smoothly, and if you have any further questions or concerns, feel free to let me know.
  5. Max_063 Win User

Hi David,

I have my warranty options from Microsoft - they are not ideal - but at least I know what they are.

Would you mind answering the other portion of my question: has Microsoft acknowledged this problem? It is very clear to me after talking with several ES2 owners, Geek Squad, seeing YT videos, etc. that this is a wide spread issue.

Thanks,

Max
  6. David Wirsching Win User

Hello Max_063, My name is David. I am an independent advisor, happy to help you today.

I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing bumper issues on your Xbox Elite Series 2 controller. I understand your frustration and concern, especially if this is the second controller with the same problem.

If your controller is within the warranty period, it is important to indicate this when contacting Xbox support. They may offer you repair or replacement options at no additional cost.

Let me know if you want to use the warranty.

Best regards.
Thema:

1. Limited edition Halo series 2 elite controller has a broken R bumper - Similar Threads - Limited edition Halo

2. Does limited warranty cover any case damage?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does limited warranty cover any case damage?: The bottom panel and back panel broke off my xbox series s and its causing massive overheating and i cant play any games or even watch youtube for that matter. Does limited warranty cover this?...
  3. I bought fortnite limited edition xboc1s with dark vertex an it not give me skin or 2000vbux

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I bought fortnite limited edition xboc1s with dark vertex an it not give me skin or 2000vbux: Feeling ripped been since 2019 I try get my dark vertex skin an 2000 vbucks. I bought brand new fortnite bundle a32ffac8-ebe6-4158-a9fb-a19677596699
  4. Xbox Wireless Headset - Starfield Limited Edition

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Wireless Headset - Starfield Limited Edition: Hi, I recently one a starfield limited edition headset in a raffle but I can't use the headset in games because there's no spatial audio, all audio sounds like it's coming from the center of my...
  5. I'm selling my Xbox 360 halo 4 limited edition just don't know the memory? Without cords

in XBoX on Consoles
    I'm selling my Xbox 360 halo 4 limited edition just don't know the memory? Without cords: Im selling my Xbox 360 Halo 4 limited edition just don't have cords and don't know where or how to get or figure out the memory to see if it's a 500gb or 250gb or a 1tb...
  6. Is there a way to improve the Microphone quality for the Starfield Limited Edition Headset?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is there a way to improve the Microphone quality for the Starfield Limited Edition Headset?: Hi, everyone. I recently ordered and received the Limited Edition Starfield Wireless Headset and I have a small issue. Everything is fine for the most part, there's no physical damage, and the...
  7. Not able to install cyberpunk on cyberpunk limited edition Xbox

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Not able to install cyberpunk on cyberpunk limited edition Xbox: I have Xbox series S Cyberpunk limited edition, I logged into the game using a new Xbox account and when I went to install the cyberpunk, it shows only the purchase option and not the install...
  8. Analog Stick Replacements for Limited Edition Controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Analog Stick Replacements for Limited Edition Controller: I recently acquired a Sea Of Thieves Xbox controller from a friend. The analog sticks are pretty torn up. Is there anywhere to purchase replacement ones that are exactly like what it came with?...
  9. Is there a way to limit the download speed of the xbox app on PC without having to edit the...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is there a way to limit the download speed of the xbox app on PC without having to edit the...: Is there a way to limit the download speed of the xbox app on PC without having to edit the registers? I don't want to do that and also seems really stupid that you cannot do that from the Xbox...
  10. 엑스박스 계정 나이제한 관련 [Edit - Translation] - Xbox account age limit related

in XBoX Games and Apps
    엑스박스 계정 나이제한 관련 [Edit - Translation] - Xbox account age limit related: 성인 인증을 해야되는데 성인인증해라는건 안뜨 가족 연결해라는데 어떻게 해야되 그것 때문에 시간 엄청 네요 2시간 도 [Edit - Translation] - I need to certify an adult, but I do not want to have an adult certified, but I need to connect my...