License transfer Xbox 360

Discus and support License transfer Xbox 360 in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, I was wondering if anyone knew how the license transfer worked as I have a new xbox 360 after my old one got RRoD. I havent had any trouble... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by MrgucciMan4, Mar 29, 2023.

1. MrgucciMan4
    MrgucciMan4 Guest

Hi, I was wondering if anyone knew how the license transfer worked as I have a new xbox 360 after my old one got RRoD. I havent had any trouble downloading games but I'm not sure if theres ones I cant see because I havent transferred it yet. Also is there any downside to this before I do it or anything I should think about?

:)

MrgucciMan4, Mar 29, 2023
  2. Auswulf Win User

Xbox 360 downloaded games query...

Xbox 360 games won't work on the one that is true but a license transfer is still a license transfer and will more than likely cause licensing issues for the games on the sold 360 console.
  3. XBF Diego M Win User

O jogo não entra quando faço o download [Translation - The game does not come when I download ]

Hi Thiago,

So to clarify are you using an Xbox 360 and you are trying to do a license transfer on the Xbox 360? License's are stored in the console as local licenses so to play your friend's games he will need to download his account onto your Xbox and do a licenses
    transfer.

Xbox 360 server maintenance has been completed so all should be good now.

Follow this entire support article with information about digital rights management on the Xbox 360 and how you can transfer content licenses:

https://support.xbox.com/xbox-360/store/download-content#transfer
  4. HassanB Win User

Downloading a Halo 4 armor skin from my friends console ?

Hello,

Sorry, this is not possible to do. The use of the license transfer system in this way is not prohibited. A license transfer cannot be used to transfer one piece of content from one console to another. It transfers all licenses from one Xbox 360 to another Xbox
    360, not from one Xbox LIVE account to another Xbox LIVE account.
  5. XBF Aaron G Win User

Can content that has been license transferred through 360 be moved to xbox one?

SkaterFisher173,

When you do a license transfer. You transfer the license directly to the Xbox 360 storage unit. The licenses you have on your profile are the ones that will move over to your Xbox one. The licenses you transferred are NOT on your profile. You will only be
    able to use those on your 360 console. Sorry for the inconvenience.
    FAQ license transfers
  6. steeledwand7664 Win User

License migration limits

With the xbox 360 the game licenses went with the consoles themselves not with the accounts like on the one systems and games.

The thing is this with the 360s if you got a new 360 and license transferred your games to that one then the license on the 360 that you sold would no longer be valid because you at that point would have transferred the license for the games to the new console
Thema:

1. License transfer Xbox 360 - Similar Threads - License transfer 360

2. Are pdp controllers officially licensed products?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Are pdp controllers officially licensed products?: Are pdp controllers officially licensed products? 8c5edc32-ea34-47c3-9d5d-8d0d4514a68d
  3. Licenses for multiplayer in minecraft education

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Licenses for multiplayer in minecraft education: Dear I want to buy additional licenses for my club to organize a multiplayer session. I read about common cloud based platform for these licenses to be able to go into the same server. But i...
  4. Can I transfer purchase license from one account to another?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can I transfer purchase license from one account to another?: 4 years ago my dad bought a game (Sea of Thieves) for me because I was a minor. However, the game can only be downloaded using his account. Even though my game progress is saved under my Xbox...
  5. Minecraft Java Edition on PC now saying "missing license"

in XBoX Accessibility
    Minecraft Java Edition on PC now saying "missing license": I migrated my mojang account years ago to MS and had a valid license for Minecraft Java Edition and was playing without any issue. Since some months now it is saying that i dont have a license for...
  6. When are more licensed Activision games backwards compatible?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    When are more licensed Activision games backwards compatible?: games such as Madagascar kartz, Shrek super slam, and more da2a213f-5693-4d29-848c-80009806c5ed
  7. Transfer of DLC and licenses from Xbox 360 to Xbox Series X

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Transfer of DLC and licenses from Xbox 360 to Xbox Series X: We upgraded our Xbox 360 to an Xbox Series X (new home Xbox). All profiles and cloud saved games ported fine. However, I don't know how to get our past downloaded content purchases (shown in the...
  8. Minecraft License lost after migration

in XBoX Accessibility
    Minecraft License lost after migration: Hi, Today i found out that there was some kind of migration from mojang to microsoft. Sadly my license was not transfered. So I would like to know how i can get my licence back to play Minecraft...
  9. How to transfer license from broken Xbox 360 to Xbox 360 e?

in XBoX on Windows
    How to transfer license from broken Xbox 360 to Xbox 360 e?: My original 360 finally broke (too many capacitors blew) and now I'm trying to transfer all my games and their licenses to my replacement (Xbox 360 e). However when I plug in my adaptor for the...
  10. Can I transfer a game license to a friend?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can I transfer a game license to a friend?: I have a game on my Xbox one S that I want to play with a friend, although, he doesn't has the same game and neither how to afford it. Is there a way that we both play the same game by me...