License transfer, unable to play games on local accounts

Discus and support License transfer, unable to play games on local accounts in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I have purchased several games and also downloaded several games with gold. A couple months ago, my original 360 quit reading discs, so I purchased a... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by YahootsMagoondi, Apr 20, 2015.

1. License transfer, unable to play games on local accounts

I have purchased several games and also downloaded several games with gold. A couple months ago, my original 360 quit reading discs, so I purchased a replacement, transferred the license from my gold account, swapped hard drives, accepted the license transfer
    on the new 360 and all seemed to work fine. I did not realize until recently that my kids, who only have local profiles, are unable to play any content without logging in to my profile, starting the game, and then switching back to their profile. I've tried
    redownloading the games, downloading a new game, starting the game when no profile is logged in, everything I've seen mentioned other places...and nothing seems to work. My account says the license was transferred and that I am not eligible again for another
    2 months. Is there a fix for this problem, or did I do something wrong when I did the initial transfer? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

:)

YahootsMagoondi, Apr 20, 2015
  2. CPSDIABLO
    CPSDIABLO Guest
    All Arcade games Trial on secondary account.

Last September I purchased a new console, transferred all my data to the new HDD and also did the license transfer here on the xbox site. My girlfriends account, which is local on my console, is unable to play any of the XBLA games I purchased.

Just to verify the license transfer, I tried again only for the site to tell me that my licenses were already on this console.

Any help would be appreciated.

CPSDIABLO, Apr 20, 2015
  3. SirStephenH
    SirStephenH Guest
    transfer content from one live account to another.

The game is attached to the account of whoever redeems the code, in this case your friend.

The game's license has two parts, a system license and a local license.

• A system license directly applies to the game owner's Gamertag and is what allows the owner to play their game on any console they're logged into.
    • A local license applies to the first console the game was purchased/redeemed on or the console the license was transferred to and is what allows anybody signed into the console to play the owner's game, even when the owner isn't signed in.

Since your friend was the one who redeemed the code, he is the one who owns the game and unfortunately there is no way to transfer content between accounts. The only reason that you can play the game without him is because he redeemed the code on your console
    so therefore the local license is on your console. You'll be fine as long as your friend doesn't do a license transfer or you delete the game. You should be able to just have your friend re-download the game to your console if you delete it though because
    the local license will still be attached to your console.

SirStephenH, Apr 20, 2015
  4. Smwutches
    Smwutches Guest

Did you redownload the content after you performed the license transfer? If not, that should resync the licenses with the new console.

Smwutches, Apr 20, 2015
  5. Smwutches
    Smwutches Guest
    Sorry, I somehow missed the part where you did say you redownloaded the content.

Smwutches, Nov 1, 2018
  6. Smwutches Win User

Sorry, I somehow missed the part where you did say you redownloaded the content.
  7. Smwutches Win User

Did you redownload the content after you performed the license transfer? If not, that should resync the licenses with the new console.
  8. SirStephenH Win User

transfer content from one live account to another.

The game is attached to the account of whoever redeems the code, in this case your friend.

The game's license has two parts, a system license and a local license.

• A system license directly applies to the game owner's Gamertag and is what allows the owner to play their game on any console they're logged into.
    • A local license applies to the first console the game was purchased/redeemed on or the console the license was transferred to and is what allows anybody signed into the console to play the owner's game, even when the owner isn't signed in.

Since your friend was the one who redeemed the code, he is the one who owns the game and unfortunately there is no way to transfer content between accounts. The only reason that you can play the game without him is because he redeemed the code on your console
    so therefore the local license is on your console. You'll be fine as long as your friend doesn't do a license transfer or you delete the game. You should be able to just have your friend re-download the game to your console if you delete it though because
    the local license will still be attached to your console.
  9. U4z Win User

Trying to launch a hard drive game.

The reason why you are unable to play this is because of the license on the profile. The Xbox does not have the license from the previous account on it. This means to keep pirating down you must transfer the license from the previous account to the console
    that you are now playing the game on. Once this is done the game will work fine.
  10. Mister Cerb Win User

Will i get banned?

Hey again!

License transfers are used to transfer the ownership from one console to another, not from one account to another. Using a license transfer to play content from a different profile is not the intended purpose of a license transfer and can result in enforcement
    action.

Are you unable to perform a license transfer of the content from your correct profile to the new console?
    Since all you did was perform a license transfer using the incorrect profile, I suggest logging into the correct profile and performing a license transfer.

I hope that helps! ^_^
Thema:

1. License transfer, unable to play games on local accounts - Similar Threads - License transfer unable

2. Are pdp controllers officially licensed products?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Are pdp controllers officially licensed products?: Are pdp controllers officially licensed products? 8c5edc32-ea34-47c3-9d5d-8d0d4514a68d
  3. Licenses for multiplayer in minecraft education

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Licenses for multiplayer in minecraft education: Dear I want to buy additional licenses for my club to organize a multiplayer session. I read about common cloud based platform for these licenses to be able to go into the same server. But i...
  4. Can I transfer purchase license from one account to another?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can I transfer purchase license from one account to another?: 4 years ago my dad bought a game (Sea of Thieves) for me because I was a minor. However, the game can only be downloaded using his account. Even though my game progress is saved under my Xbox...
  5. Minecraft Java Edition on PC now saying "missing license"

in XBoX Accessibility
    Minecraft Java Edition on PC now saying "missing license": I migrated my mojang account years ago to MS and had a valid license for Minecraft Java Edition and was playing without any issue. Since some months now it is saying that i dont have a license for...
  6. When are more licensed Activision games backwards compatible?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    When are more licensed Activision games backwards compatible?: games such as Madagascar kartz, Shrek super slam, and more da2a213f-5693-4d29-848c-80009806c5ed
  7. Transfer of DLC and licenses from Xbox 360 to Xbox Series X

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Transfer of DLC and licenses from Xbox 360 to Xbox Series X: We upgraded our Xbox 360 to an Xbox Series X (new home Xbox). All profiles and cloud saved games ported fine. However, I don't know how to get our past downloaded content purchases (shown in the...
  8. Minecraft License lost after migration

in XBoX Accessibility
    Minecraft License lost after migration: Hi, Today i found out that there was some kind of migration from mojang to microsoft. Sadly my license was not transfered. So I would like to know how i can get my licence back to play Minecraft...
  9. How to transfer license from broken Xbox 360 to Xbox 360 e?

in XBoX on Windows
    How to transfer license from broken Xbox 360 to Xbox 360 e?: My original 360 finally broke (too many capacitors blew) and now I'm trying to transfer all my games and their licenses to my replacement (Xbox 360 e). However when I plug in my adaptor for the...
  10. Can I transfer a game license to a friend?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can I transfer a game license to a friend?: I have a game on my Xbox one S that I want to play with a friend, although, he doesn't has the same game and neither how to afford it. Is there a way that we both play the same game by me...