: LG SN11RG w/ LG C9 Atmos Problems.

Discus and support : LG SN11RG w/ LG C9 Atmos Problems. in XBoX TV Hardware to solve the problem; : LG SN11RG w/ LG C9 Atmos Problems. So. I have an LG C9. I just upgraded from the Sony HT-ST5000 soundbar to the LG SN11RG soundbar. I was using eARC... Discussion in 'XBoX TV Hardware' started by RaynMain, Aug 4, 2020.

1. RaynMain
    RaynMain Guest

So. I have an LG C9. I just upgraded from the Sony HT-ST5000 soundbar to the LG SN11RG soundbar. I was using eARC connection with my ST5000 since the eARC update hit it from Sony several months ago. I have had little to no problems at all. Well, I have just
    hooked up my LG SN11RG Soundbar the EXACT same way and everything is connected in identical fashion. Everything seemed to be working fine. Systematically went through the Apple TV (Plugged directly into bar), Switch (into TV), PS4 (into bar), DVR (into TV).
    All work fine and I get Atmos from the Apple TV just fine since it’s plugged into the bar. I then goto set up the Xbox (through eARC, just like i has my ST5000 hooked up to it) and make sure it’s working. It seems to be great. Open up the Dolby app, display
    kicks into Dolby Vision play the test videos and the demos and it sounds amazing. Getting excellent Atmos sound from all around the room. I’m happy as hell. Then I end up watching a movie on my Apple TV and playing Ghost of Tsushima on PS4 the rest of the
    night. Today, I decide to get back on my Xbox to play some FIFA. I boot it up, everything is fine. ALLM kicks in, bar immediately switches over to Atmos (the dashboard on Xbox supports Atmos now of course). I then goto boot up FIFA HDR kicks on and suddenly
    there is no sound at all coming from the game. I hit the menu button to see if it was just the game and the menu has no sound either all of a sudden. I then restart everything and it seems to work fine. Until im finished playing. Then the menu goes soundless
    again. I open up the Dolby app like I did previously and there is no sound at all.

I’m at a loss from this. I never had this problem with my Sony HT-ST5000 which was hooked up the EXACT same way, using the exact same 48gbps 2.1 cables. It’s almost like the bar is having a hard time distinguishing between Atmos and non Atmos sounds and
    since FIFA does not have Atmos, it is having a hard time switching between the two (menu-Atmos and FIFA-no Atmos). Has anybody else experienced problems similar to this with eARC or more specifically this soundbar or LG Atmos soundbars? I know that for a while
    there were issues with LG bars/Atmos/Xbox but I thought all of this was fixed. It’s really annoying me and up until now I was absolutely in love with this bar. Now im starting to get worried because the main reason eARC is so important to me and I have the
    C9 is for the HDMI2.1 features. So I have to plug the Xbox directly into the TV for VRR, etc. It would be a real shame to have to go back to my ST5000 because it doesn’t have rear speakers on it and quite frankly doesn’t sound anywhere near as good as my new
    LG. But this is starting to concern me for sure. I have reached out to LG and they have assured me that this is a XBOX problem and not on their end. Which i tend to believe since everything else works just fine, even if used through eARC. Any help would be
    appreciated. It is like the bar is fine when your on the dashboard, but as soon as you goto a non atmos source it loses all sound and cannot find its way back. That is just a complete guess. It is just strange because my ST5000 worked flawlessly w/ XB1X through
    eARC and im using the same cables and everything.

:)

RaynMain, Aug 4, 2020
  2. MIP liquid ICE Win User

Xbox one dolby atmos upmixer doesn't do anything

In same boat with Q90R soundbar and LG Oled C9. Staying on dolby digital then.... Super annoying.

You always would need to know beforehand which content has Atmos.
  3. Rowns Win User

Dolby Atmos audio delay or entirely missing on Xbox Series X via TV's eARC

I have the exact same setup as the original poster. I had an LG C9 with the same soundbar and that worked fine with Atmos using HDMI with TV and console set to pass through.

Now I’ve upgraded to the C2, I can’t get Atmos anymore with the sacrifices already mentioned.

What’s changed? If the C9 could do it, why does the newer C2 not seem compatible?
  4. HyperVenom523 Win User

Xbox one X - LG OLED 55 E9 - No 4K

I have an LG C9 and on my end all the ✅ are green no problems at all, that is very weird...
  5. ApocalypseXpony Win User

Best TV for XBOX ONE X

Im using a LG Oled c9 2018 and its briliant
  6. SPUD3024 Win User

Help: Your receiver doesn't support Dolby Atmos for home theater

I have a similar issue but instead of the problem being with Dolby Armos its with DTSX .

i have an LG C9 and a Yamaha RX-A3070 , the AVR supports both Atmos and DtsX when the xbox is plugged direcly into the Amp and then video passed onto the C9 but to take advantage of VRR ALLM etc i have the xbox plugged into the tv and use eARC to send the
    audio back to my AVR .

I can select Atmos on the Xbox and all is fine ( Avr shows Atmos/pcm )

when i try and select DtsX i get the error message saying your reciever doesnt support DtsX when i know it does

frusting 😳
Thema:

1. : LG SN11RG w/ LG C9 Atmos Problems. - Similar Threads - SN11RG Atmos Problems

2. Dolby Atmos and Xbox One S disconnecting issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Dolby Atmos and Xbox One S disconnecting issue: I am having a problem with my setup. The TV and the Xbox One S detect each other perfectly for Dolby Atmos - and it shows the sign when it's on - but every two or so minutes, the sound cuts out...
  3. Dolby Atmos for headphones issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Dolby Atmos for headphones issue: Hi all, Recently bought the Microsoft Wireless Headset for my Series X . I paid for the for Dolby Atmos app but I am having an extremely annoying issue with the licence. It keeps advising that I...
  4. Dolby Atmos not detecting compatible reciever over eARC (Via TV)

in XboX Insiders
    Dolby Atmos not detecting compatible reciever over eARC (Via TV): i have Samsung HW-Q930C/ZF and Samsung QLED 4K 2019 65Q64R, my XBOX SERIES X not dettect option dolby atmos not appear submitted by /u/Zaborks [link] [comments]
  5. Dolby Atmos for home theater not upmixing stereo games correctly

in XboX Insiders
    Dolby Atmos for home theater not upmixing stereo games correctly: I was playing Inside and I notice that the upmixer only sends audio to the height channels, center and surround channels are blank with no audio. submitted by /u/jay23738 [link] [comments]
  6. Why are all threads in regards to 4K HDR 120Hz and Dolby Atmos cutouts all locked?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why are all threads in regards to 4K HDR 120Hz and Dolby Atmos cutouts all locked?: Here's an example of one that's locked that I chimed in on. Over 16,000 people viewed and you STILL haven't acknowledged or resolved the issue. Which is ****....
  7. Why do I lose Atmos surround sound when I plug a headset into my wired controller?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why do I lose Atmos surround sound when I plug a headset into my wired controller?: The moment I plug my headset in to my Razer Wolverine V2 controller the sound mode on my XBOX changes the audio output to stereo uncompressed. The sound output cannot be changed back to any type...
  8. DTS X Insider Beta, receiver not supported with LG C9 and SN11RG

in XboX Insiders
    DTS X Insider Beta, receiver not supported with LG C9 and SN11RG: I have an LG C9 and LG SN11RG soundbar, the C9 is able to pass through DTS X and Atmos but for whatever reason the Series X says that my receiver is not supported. Atmos does work albeit with an...
  9. DTS:X NOT WORKING WITH LG SN11RG SOUNDBAR.

in XboX Insiders
    DTS:X NOT WORKING WITH LG SN11RG SOUNDBAR.: "Your receiver doesn't support DTS:X for home theater" LG OLED C9 & SN11RG both support eARC. submitted by /u/ThatFreelance [link] [comments]
  10. LG SN11RG Soundbar Atmos eARC problems

in XBoX Accessibility
    LG SN11RG Soundbar Atmos eARC problems: So. I have an LG C9. I just upgraded from the Sony HT-ST5000 soundbar to the LG SN11RG soundbar. I was using eARC connection with my ST5000 since the eARC update hit it from Sony several months...