LG SJ8000 HDR Ultra Deep Color No Sound Xbox One S

Discus and support LG SJ8000 HDR Ultra Deep Color No Sound Xbox One S in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi, I have been trying to activate the HDR settings on my Xbox One S with an LG SJ800 4K TV. I have activated the Ultra Deep Color mode for the HDMI I... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by CarlosBallesteros, Oct 17, 2017.

1. LG SJ8000 HDR Ultra Deep Color No Sound Xbox One S

Hi, I have been trying to activate the HDR settings on my Xbox One S with an LG SJ800 4K TV.

I have activated the Ultra Deep Color mode for the HDMI I have my Xbox plugged in.

In the compatibility it has everything marked as compatible. And the screen looks fine. Its just that I cannot get the sound to work, no matter what I do.

Does anyone knows how to get sound plus hdr activated on this specific TV Device? Or has anyone been able to configure it?

I already followed the Troubleshooting guides from microsoft, and of course, restart and complete turn off, disconnect and connect, even a restore system for both the TV and the Xbox. Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks

:)

CarlosBallesteros, Oct 17, 2017
  2. l am BATMAN
    l am BATMAN Guest
    Xbox One S Hook up to 4K LG TV issues

The problem I'm having is my xbox one S is not recognizing HDR on my TV. 10 bit color shows up, along with 4K resolution at 2160p, but no HDR for movies or games. It says here on xbox.com that different names for HDR are HDR Premium, High Dynamic Range,
    HDR, UHD Color, Ultra HD Premium, Ultra HD deep color. My LG has UHD Deep Color, so why the heck doesn't it work? any one have any idea?

l am BATMAN, Oct 17, 2017
  3. LG HDMI Ultra HD Deep Color issue (Screen flickering)

I chatted with an LG attendant. I have a 60 inch LG 60UF7700 model with this Ultra HD Deep Color function. The attendant told me that Ultra HD Deep Color is not the same thing as HDR, they are different functions and the problem of my Xbox One S is not enabling
    the HDR is because my TV does not have HDR support. I was frustrated.

EduardoHenrique de Lima, Oct 17, 2017
  4. LG SJ8000 HDR Ultra Deep Color No Sound Xbox One S

After four hours I managed to make it work. I read some article about HDCP refused handshakes, when you connect and disconnect an hdmi cable, and that this refuse can continue to happen no matter what. So, based on this, what I did, I disconnected the TV
    and the XBOX and left it like that for a few minutes. After I connected them back and turn them on. Sound was back in, and I was able to use the Ultra deep color feature of the LG Tv.

I tried it with GoW4 and it looks great.

CarlosBallesteros, Oct 18, 2017
  5. EduardoHenrique de L Win User

LG HDMI Ultra HD Deep Color issue (Screen flickering)

I chatted with an LG attendant. I have a 60 inch LG 60UF7700 model with this Ultra HD Deep Color function. The attendant told me that Ultra HD Deep Color is not the same thing as HDR, they are different functions and the problem of my Xbox One S is not enabling
    the HDR is because my TV does not have HDR support. I was frustrated.
  6. CarlosBallesteros Win User

After four hours I managed to make it work. I read some article about HDCP refused handshakes, when you connect and disconnect an hdmi cable, and that this refuse can continue to happen no matter what. So, based on this, what I did, I disconnected the TV
    and the XBOX and left it like that for a few minutes. After I connected them back and turn them on. Sound was back in, and I was able to use the Ultra deep color feature of the LG Tv.

I tried it with GoW4 and it looks great.
  7. Pastystuff Win User

The Xbox One S and my tv

My TV (LG 60UF7300) has the HDMI Ultra HD Deep Color as well. According to the Xbox One S support page, this is another name for HDR 10. Unfortunately, I've been having an issue with the Ultra HD Deep Color turned on. It's causing my screen to flash black
    pretty frequently. It also says that HDR is turned off and that I can turn it on on a different menu, but the option is not selectable.
  8. GFx1 Win User

Xbox One S - Which HDR TV's?

support.xbox.com/.../troubleshooting-4K-and-HDR-on-xbox-one-s

->

"Names for HDR10 HDR Premium, High Dynamic Range, HDR, UHD Color, Ultra HD Premium, Ultra HD deep color "

UHD Color is the Samsung equivalent of HDR10 and supported by the 40" Samsung TV model in the other thread. Look it up in the manual. The other guy mentioned also that he eventually got an LG, so there's another HDR supported 40" panel for your needs.
  9. CarlosBallesteros Win User

Xbox One S audio cuts out for a second every 30 minutes when 4K resolution selected.

I have a similar issue with an LG SJ8000 tv, when I enable the Ultra Deep Color, I have no audio. I tried every setting, reset, and everything, it doesnt seem to work, I wish I would have at least some sound like you guys.

I have latest Xbox update with the new Design and all, but still no sound.
Thema:

1. LG SJ8000 HDR Ultra Deep Color No Sound Xbox One S - Similar Threads - SJ8000 HDR Ultra

2. Xbox keeps disconnecting from tv when opening hdr games?

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox keeps disconnecting from tv when opening hdr games?: Just went out and bought a 120hz 4k tv with the purpose for gaming, but EVERY game i open immediately forces my tv to say “lost signal” but then i can hit the home button and go back and it...
  3. Why has my HDR stopped working just overnight when nothing has changed?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why has my HDR stopped working just overnight when nothing has changed?: Curious as to why my HDR has seemed to just quit out of nowhere. When starting up any game, the screen washes out and becomes overly dim. Nothing in my TV settings or series x settings has...
  4. Auto hdr used to work now it doesnt

in XBoX on Consoles
    Auto hdr used to work now it doesnt: So before it was automatically on and that worked but then i went thru all my settings to turn on 120 fps om 1080 and i didn’t like how it looked so i went back and undid all the changes but now...
  5. Disney+ 4K & YouTube HDR Video Issues

in XboX Insiders
    Disney+ 4K & YouTube HDR Video Issues: Xbox Series X - Alpha OS HDR on YouTube on my Xbox Series X has been broken for some time. Nearly every HDR video has major artifacting such as massively blown out highlights and colour fringing....
  6. Latest Skip Ahead update disabled HDR?

in XboX Insiders
    Latest Skip Ahead update disabled HDR?: Has anyone else had HDR completely disabled on their Xbox after the latest Skip Ahead update? Ive tried switching to different resolutions, making sure Night Mode wasn't on by accident, tried...
  7. I'd like to have hdr work on 1440p monitor if possible

in XBoX on Consoles
    I'd like to have hdr work on 1440p monitor if possible: I have a Series X and I use a gigabyte g32qca with freesync premium pro 165hz 1440p monitor. it can recieve 4k signal and output hdr at 4k signal in 60hz with hdr, or get 1440p at 120hz losing...
  8. Why are all threads in regards to 4K HDR 120Hz and Dolby Atmos cutouts all locked?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why are all threads in regards to 4K HDR 120Hz and Dolby Atmos cutouts all locked?: Here's an example of one that's locked that I chimed in on. Over 16,000 people viewed and you STILL haven't acknowledged or resolved the issue. Which is ****....
  9. My tv supports 4k and display resolution is set to 4k HDR, but i am not able to record 4k...

in XBoX on Windows
    My tv supports 4k and display resolution is set to 4k HDR, but i am not able to record 4k...: I am not able to record 4k gameplay resolution, My tv Supports 4k display resolution I enabled in tv and display settings section. However there is no option for 4k recording in preferences...
  10. Black screen trying to play HDR videos on YouTube.

in XboX Insiders
    Black screen trying to play HDR videos on YouTube.: Today 31/12/2023 I have noticed that HDR content on YouTube will not work for me at all. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app I've tried the beta app I've even hard restarted it to...