LG 42PG20D: wide screen support

Discus and support LG 42PG20D: wide screen support in XBoX TV Hardware to solve the problem; LG (Televisions) 42PG20D: wide screen support You can set your Xbox to auto detect or 16:9 and make due with bars on the sides. Or you can zoom your... Discussion in 'XBoX TV Hardware' started by TijsKooij, Sep 26, 2018.

1. TijsKooij
    TijsKooij Guest

LG (Televisions) 42PG20D: wide screen support
    You can set your Xbox to auto detect or 16:9 and make due with bars on the sides. Or you can zoom your monitor (if it has that feature) to get rid of the bars but you are also then losing some of the image.

Devs might be able to implement it but I think it would be best to have MS add it at the system level so the transition from Home/UI to game is seamless. I don’t see them adding it this generation as it’s not very widespread (yet).

:)

TijsKooij, Sep 26, 2018
  2. o RCWILL x
    o RCWILL x Guest
    LG 42PG20D: Xbox One S

LG (Televisions) 42PG20D: Xbox One S
    Does the Xbox One S allow you to game on an ultra-wide monitor since it is a 21:9 ratio?

o RCWILL x, Sep 26, 2018
  3. mackemladlee
    mackemladlee Guest
    LG 42PG20D: LG tv

LG (Televisions) 42PG20D: LG tv
    No problem and good luck with the decorating.

mackemladlee, Sep 26, 2018
  4. LG 42PG20D: wide screen support

XBF Crystal P, Sep 26, 2018
  5. TijsKooij
    TijsKooij Guest
    yea i came across that before i made the decision to post. but the outo detect function is not working for some reason can you help me figure out what is going on.

i have the (LG 25UM58 - Full HD Ultrawide monitor).

il be thankfull for any help il get!

TijsKooij, Sep 26, 2018
  6. XBF Paul M
    XBF Paul M Guest
    Hey, TijsKooij!

Paul from Xbox Forums Team here to assist with the issue, it looks like based on this

Article
    I found on our support page the Xbox One only supports native 16:9 resolution. I know from personal experience you can also stretch the screen but that is solely dependent on the monitors settings. I hope the link helped.

Happy Gaming!

Paul Xbox Forums Team!

XBF Paul M, Sep 26, 2018
  7. TijsKooij
    TijsKooij Guest
    oh well that is a shame.

wil there be an update for this issue in the furere?

or are there 3rd party apps who can help resolve this issue?

i wuld like to hear from you!

thanks for the help soo far!

TijsKooij, Sep 26, 2018
  8. XBF Paul M
    XBF Paul M Guest

Hey, Tijs!

Yeah no worries I am more than happy to help out as best I can. So after further research and my own personal experiences I've noticed that some Monitors/TV's are capable of stretching the picture(fit to screen). I highly recommend checking out the manual
    that came with your monitor or reaching out to LG's website to see if there is a guide on how to make the picture Fit to screen under the monitors settings. Here is a link to LG's
    support page. I hope you are able to get it work bud! Let me know how it goes!

Happy Gaming!

Paul Xbox Forums Team!

XBF Paul M, Sep 26, 2018
  9. You can set your Xbox to auto detect or 16:9 and make due with bars on the sides. Or you can zoom your monitor (if it has that feature) to get rid of the bars but you are also then losing some of the image.

Devs might be able to implement it but I think it would be best to have MS add it at the system level so the transition from Home/UI to game is seamless. I don’t see them adding it this generation as it’s not very widespread (yet).

coco meat train, Nov 5, 2018
  10. coco meat train Win User

You can set your Xbox to auto detect or 16:9 and make due with bars on the sides. Or you can zoom your monitor (if it has that feature) to get rid of the bars but you are also then losing some of the image.

11. MightyQuinn75 Win User

LG 42PG20D: LG tv

No problem and good luck with the decorating.
  12. TijsKooij Win User

wide screen support

oh well that is a shame.

wil there be an update for this issue in the furere?

or are there 3rd party apps who can help resolve this issue?

i wuld like to hear from you!

thanks for the help soo far!
  13. XBF Paul M Win User

wide screen support

Hey, Tijs!

Yeah no worries I am more than happy to help out as best I can. So after further research and my own personal experiences I've noticed that some Monitors/TV's are capable of stretching the picture(fit to screen). I highly recommend checking out the manual
    that came with your monitor or reaching out to LG's website to see if there is a guide on how to make the picture Fit to screen under the monitors settings. Here is a link to LG's
    support page. I hope you are able to get it work bud! Let me know how it goes!

Happy Gaming!

Paul Xbox Forums Team!
  14. XBF Paul M Win User

wide screen support

Hey, TijsKooij!

Paul from Xbox Forums Team here to assist with the issue, it looks like based on this

Article
    I found on our support page the Xbox One only supports native 16:9 resolution. I know from personal experience you can also stretch the screen but that is solely dependent on the monitors settings. I hope the link helped.

Happy Gaming!

Paul Xbox Forums Team!
Thema:

1. LG 42PG20D: wide screen support - Similar Threads - 42PG20D wide screen

2. 42PG20D: HDR10 for games LG tv

in XBoX TV Hardware
    42PG20D: HDR10 for games LG tv: 42PG20D: HDR10 for games LG tv You have to make sure you have the settings for Smart HDR on enabled on your TV and the settings for your Xbox enabled too. following the above guide from...
  3. 42PG20D: Dolby Vision on Xbox One S and LG B9

in XBoX TV Hardware
    42PG20D: Dolby Vision on Xbox One S and LG B9: 42PG20D: Dolby Vision on Xbox One S and LG B9 I've found some troubleshooters that may be worth a look. I'm not too big on audio-video troubleshooting but, I'd figure I'd try to provide some...
  4. 42PG20D: Xbox One X on the LG C9 Oled TV doesn’t use HDR for resolutions other than 4K

in XBoX TV Hardware
    42PG20D: Xbox One X on the LG C9 Oled TV doesn’t use HDR for resolutions other than 4K: 42PG20D: Xbox One X on the LG C9 Oled TV doesn’t use HDR for resolutions other than 4K I’m unable to play at 1440p with HDR, that was my goal (1440p@120Hz). 295cacf9-c0b4-4f11-a1fc-4d3a230aa39a
  5. 42PG20D: xbox one mit Macbook verbinden [Translation - Connect xbox one with Macbook]

in XBoX TV Hardware
    42PG20D: xbox one mit Macbook verbinden [Translation - Connect xbox one with Macbook]: 42PG20D: xbox one mit Macbook verbinden [Translation - Connect xbox one with Macbook] Hi LUDASCHERAS7810, Thanks for reaching out to us in the forums with this question. When referring to the...
  6. 42PG20D: LG 32GK850F-B I recently purchased has a disc for installing display driver and...

in XBoX TV Hardware
    42PG20D: LG 32GK850F-B I recently purchased has a disc for installing display driver and...: 42PG20D: LG 32GK850F-B I recently purchased has a disc for installing display driver and O.S.D for the monitor. PLZ HELP! Thank you for the help, I just want to make sure I get the best experience...
  7. 42PG20D: Xbox One X HDR error

in XBoX TV Hardware
    42PG20D: Xbox One X HDR error: 42PG20D: Xbox One X HDR error Hey Warrior If when you scan its saying your tv doesntsupport HDR then that is a setting or connection issue I would still have a look at the tv settings has that...
  8. 42PG20D: 4K

in XBoX TV Hardware
    42PG20D: 4K: 42PG20D: 4K Yes you need 4k TV for the 4k graphics to work. if not itll just be enchased but wont be 4k b3cabc75-4da6-466f-bacc-13cc33281887
  9. 42PG20D: Tevion TV with Xbox One S

in XBoX TV Hardware
    42PG20D: Tevion TV with Xbox One S: 42PG20D: Tevion TV with Xbox One S You try conecting a DVD player in your Xbox to the XBox make the Transmission? ee4695a7-9c54-47d0-91b4-2ff48648eea5
  10. 42PG20D: HDMI Not Connected

in XBoX TV Hardware
    42PG20D: HDMI Not Connected: 42PG20D: HDMI Not Connected Hi Kevin! Thanks for the swift update with your reply. As your console's HDMI connection isn't being recognized despite using a different TV and HDMI cable, if you've...