LG 27UN880-B 4K monitor only shows 1080p with XBOX series s

Discus and support LG 27UN880-B 4K monitor only shows 1080p with XBOX series s in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi comunity! My LG monitor has 4K resolution but i don‘t get it to work with my XBOX series s. I tried all possible settings, switched back and forth... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Felix Gep, Jan 30, 2023.

1. Felix Gep
    Felix Gep Guest

Hi comunity!

My LG monitor has 4K resolution but i don‘t get it to work with my XBOX series s. I tried all possible settings, switched back and forth with resolutions, tried every setting in videoquality and videomode. When I click on „calibrate HDR for gaming“ it is in HDR-resolution for the entirety of the calibration but switches back 1080 right after exiting the calibration. I am using the original HDMI cable from my XBOX.

Thank you for your help and time!

:)

Felix Gep, Jan 30, 2023
  2. Felix Gep Win User

Hi! Thanks for the reply. But why does it say 4K in the settings then?
  3. SwordofWhedon Win User

Series S is not 4K on the dashboard, so it switches back to 1080
  4. ROBIN H 25 Win User

Xbox Series X|S and lower resolutions

Does the 1080p support go for both the Series S and Series X, or just the Series S?
    1080p is supported by both Series X / S,

However if your only playing at 1080p and have no plan's of upgrading to a 4K TV / Monitor, The Xbox Series S would be recommended as is a 1080p / 1440p gaming console and you would save £/$200, than getting the Series X, as that is a 4K gaming console and
    you would never get to use the full potential of it if used on a 1080p TV / Monitor.

https://youtu.be/VIHny-XP8jM
  5. ROBIN H 25 Win User

Xbox Series S over X?

Basically the rundown is:

Xbox Series X:

Has a spot for discs

Has better graphics

More Expensive

Xbox Series S:

Entirely Digital (No spot for a disk)

Not as great graphics but still good

Less Expensive

So it's honestly up to you whether or not you want to get the better of the consoles, though the Xbox Series S would work for everything you would want it to.

If you still aren't sure you can look at this article I found explaining it more in-depth: https://www.techradar.com/news/xbox-series-x-vs-xbox-series-s-which-xbox-will-be-right-for-you
    I wouldn't consider the Series S as the lesser of the two,

These consoles are much more like PC's in term's of spec and performance than previous generation consoles, and as with PC gaming, you get / buy or build a system to what resolution and refresh rate of what your TV / Monitor is being used,

"as an example",

"Your not going to buy an RTX 3090 for your PC at £/$1,500 just for the card, that's capable of gaming at 8K to only use it on a 1080p TV / Monitor, that's a huge waste of money."

The same can be said of these new consoles,

The Series S is designed and aimed at 1080p/1440p gaming as to why the spec's of the Series S aren't as high as the Series X, because if your not planning on gaming at 4K, you don't need all that extra power that the Series X offers as that is designed and
    aimed at 4K gaming.

I have a 4K TV and a 4K Gaming Monitor so for me, I'm get the Series X,

However, If I was to only have a 1080p TV / Monitor and no plan's of upgrading to 4K, I would've been getting the Series S instead.
  6. Radiant Sword X Win User

Xbox Series S over X?

Basically the rundown is:

Xbox Series X:

Has a spot for discs

Has better graphics

More Expensive

Xbox Series S:

Entirely Digital (No spot for a disk)

Not as great graphics but still good

Less Expensive

So it's honestly up to you whether or not you want to get the better of the consoles, though the Xbox Series S would work for everything you would want it to.

If you still aren't sure you can look at this article I found explaining it more in-depth: https://www.techradar.com/news/xbox-series-x-vs-xbox-series-s-which-xbox-will-be-right-for-you
    I wouldn't consider the Series S as the lesser of the two,

These consoles are much more like PC's in term's of spec and performance than previous generation consoles, and as with PC gaming, you get / buy or build a system to what resolution and refresh rate of what your TV / Monitor is being used,

"as an example",

"Your not going to buy an RTX 3090 for your PC at £/$1,500 just for the card, that's capable of gaming at 8K to only use it on a 1080p TV / Monitor, that's a huge waste of money."

The same can be said of these new consoles,

The Series S is designed and aimed at 1080p/1440p gaming as to why the spec's of the Series S aren't as high as the Series X, because if your not planning on gaming at 4K, you don't need all that extra power that the Series X offers as that is designed and
    aimed at 4K gaming.

I have a 4K TV and a 4K Gaming Monitor so for me, I'm get the Series X,

However, If I was to only have a 1080p TV / Monitor and no plan's of upgrading to 4K, I would've been getting the Series S instead.

Xbox Series S it is. I just hope my Roxio Gamecap HD Pro would record it since it only connects with HDMI cable.
Thema:

1. LG 27UN880-B 4K monitor only shows 1080p with XBOX series s - Similar Threads - 27UN880 monitor shows

2. So i just found a cheap monitor thats 200$ that has 165 hz 1440p 1 ms but I wanna know if...

in XBoX on Consoles
    So i just found a cheap monitor thats 200$ that has 165 hz 1440p 1 ms but I wanna know if...: So i just found a cheap monitor thats 200$ that has 165 hz 1440p 1 ms but I wanna know if the series X can run that? 253cf96c-8825-42f9-b64d-b2ae9c0cdcb3
  3. how to fix grainy textures when Xbox connected with monitor

in XBoX on Consoles
    how to fix grainy textures when Xbox connected with monitor: Hello, I’ve been having problems with my display - and I’m not sure what it is. I have a Xbox series s with a 165 hz and 1080p monitor to go with it. I use this setup to play mostly cod at 120 fps...
  4. Why is my Xbox Series X turning on with no picture on my tv or computer monitor?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my Xbox Series X turning on with no picture on my tv or computer monitor?: I tried different hdmi cables.I turning the console on and off as listed on the list of steps to troubleshoot.It finally turned on.I did the 10 second power cycle then got nothing on both my tv...
  5. Xbox displays 1440p option for 1080p monitor

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox displays 1440p option for 1080p monitor: I got a new xbox series s and I was messing with the display settings until I found that it shows me 1440p as an option in display settings in xbox on my 1080@120hz monitor but only in 60hz and...
  6. Am I able to use dual monitors as 1 continuous screen on my Xbox series x

in XBoX on Consoles
    Am I able to use dual monitors as 1 continuous screen on my Xbox series x: I want to be able to hook my Xbox series up to the 2 monitors and watch as I kick a ball on screen 1 and it'll appear on screen 2.. I don't want to duplicate/mirror the same image....
  7. What’s the best way to connect my series X to my monitor that doesn’t have HDMI?

in XBoX on Consoles
    What’s the best way to connect my series X to my monitor that doesn’t have HDMI?: I recently purchased a Samsung G85SB gaming monitor. Only after being delivered did I realize it doesn’t have an HDMI port only mini DP, a micro hdmi and a type c input. I could buy adapters to...
  8. Xbox One monitor, audio and screen problem.

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox One monitor, audio and screen problem.: I recently purchased a monitor since the cat knocked over the small tv I had set up on the desk. Its an Acer SBO Series 22. I connect the HDMI to the monitor and the console and the message input...
  9. My gaming monitor has built in speakers but there is no audio coming out?

in XBoX Accessibility
    My gaming monitor has built in speakers but there is no audio coming out?: I have an XBOX series S and i have connected it to my monitor with an hdmi cable and there is no sound at all. I have an ACER NITRO VG0 so there is no headphone jack at all. I am not sure what to...
  10. dell p2014h monitor not getting picture from xbox one s

in XBoX on Consoles
    dell p2014h monitor not getting picture from xbox one s: hi, I found a hdmi/display port cord and nothing is turning up. is my monitor just too old? it could also be the console, as I don't have anything else to plug it in to see lol thank you for any...