Letterbox issue

Discus and support Letterbox issue in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I just had an update on my xbox one, I do not have a hd tv so I stream to my laptop using the Xbox app. I have been using the app in this way for... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by JessicaEwers87, Jan 21, 2018.

  1. Letterbox issue


    I just had an update on my xbox one, I do not have a hd tv so I stream to my laptop using the Xbox app. I have been using the app in this way for nearly a year with no issues. Since the update today I am getting a letterbox screen with no apparent way to
    change it back. I have tried all resolution options on my laptop that is available and I have tried changing the resolution on the Xbox (there is only one option (640 x 480)). I also cannot find an option in settings on the app itself.

    :)
     
    JessicaEwers87, Jan 21, 2018
    #1
  2. Halo CEA on standard tv?

    confirmed that the game runs only in letterbox with black bars on standard definition TVs.

    This need to be fixed, as it's the only halo game that runs in letterbox.
     
    City Hunter Ren, Jan 21, 2018
    #2
  3. Eagl97
    Eagl97 Guest
    Full screen playback on DVD

    I wished there was a some sort of zoom or letterbox like on the 360.
     
    Eagl97, Jan 21, 2018
    #3
  4. Loraine Mon
    Loraine Mon Guest

    Letterbox issue

    Hi Jessica,

    Display issues when using the Xbox App on your PC may occur due to an outdated video card driver or if the Xbox App itself is outdated. To resolve your concern, we suggest that you update the graphics card drivers by following the steps below:

    1. Select the Start button, type Device Manager, and select it from the list of results.
    2. Expand one of the categories to find the name of your device, then right-click (or tap and hold) it, and select
      Update Driver. For graphics cards, expand the Display adapters category, right-click your graphics card and select
      Update Driver.
    3. Select Search automatically for updated driver software.
    4. If Windows doesn't find a new driver, you can try looking for one on the device manufacturer's website and follow their instructions.

    If these steps don't work, try reinstalling the driver:

    1. Open the Device Manager.
    2. Right-click (or tap and hold) the name of the device.
    3. Select Uninstall.
    4. Restart your PC and Windows will attempt to reinstall the driver.

    You may also run the troubleshooter for Windows Apps on your computer by clicking the
    Run troubleshooter button on this
    link
    .

    Another solution is to update the Xbox App by uninstalling and reinstalling it. Here's how:

    1. Click Start, and then type Windows PowerShell in the search box.
    2. Right-click, and then select Run as administrator.
    3. Type the following command to uninstall Xbox app: Get-AppxPackage *xboxapp* | Remove-AppxPackage
    4. Hit Enter.
    5. Launch Windows Store and download the
      Xbox App
      .

    Keep us updated with the results after performing the suggested solutions above.
     
    Loraine Mon, Jan 22, 2018
    #4
  5. Loraine Mon Win User

    Letterbox issue

    Hi Jessica,

    Display issues when using the Xbox App on your PC may occur due to an outdated video card driver or if the Xbox App itself is outdated. To resolve your concern, we suggest that you update the graphics card drivers by following the steps below:

    1. Select the Start button, type Device Manager, and select it from the list of results.
    2. Expand one of the categories to find the name of your device, then right-click (or tap and hold) it, and select
      Update Driver. For graphics cards, expand the Display adapters category, right-click your graphics card and select
      Update Driver.
    3. Select Search automatically for updated driver software.
    4. If Windows doesn't find a new driver, you can try looking for one on the device manufacturer's website and follow their instructions.

    If these steps don't work, try reinstalling the driver:

    1. Open the Device Manager.
    2. Right-click (or tap and hold) the name of the device.
    3. Select Uninstall.
    4. Restart your PC and Windows will attempt to reinstall the driver.

    You may also run the troubleshooter for Windows Apps on your computer by clicking the
    Run troubleshooter button on this
    link
    .

    Another solution is to update the Xbox App by uninstalling and reinstalling it. Here's how:

    1. Click Start, and then type Windows PowerShell in the search box.
    2. Right-click, and then select Run as administrator.
    3. Type the following command to uninstall Xbox app: Get-AppxPackage *xboxapp* | Remove-AppxPackage
    4. Hit Enter.
    5. Launch Windows Store and download the
      Xbox App
      .

    Keep us updated with the results after performing the suggested solutions above.
  6. City Hunter Ren Win User

    Halo CEA on standard tv?

    confirmed that the game runs only in letterbox with black bars on standard definition TVs.

    This need to be fixed, as it's the only halo game that runs in letterbox.
  7. Eagl97 Win User

    Full screen playback on DVD

    I wished there was a some sort of zoom or letterbox like on the 360.
  8. Daft Badger Win User

    WRC3 Achievement List.

    Eagerly waiting for my copy to plop through the letterbox so i can get stuck in.
  9. NonSportsGirl Win User

    Lemme get your opinion on something guys...

    What is this town that you speak of. Some guy in a red van pops my discs through the letterbox in the morning.
Thema:

Letterbox issue

Loading...
  1. Letterbox issue - Similar Threads - Letterbox issue

  2. xbox insider rings issues with features missing

    in XboX Insiders
    xbox insider rings issues with features missing: so this is my 2nd console update. i'm still in the omega ring despite now reaching level 2. i had to do the first update on my xbox one only to realise i didn't get a single feature. updating the...
  3. Xbox series X disc to digital issues

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series X disc to digital issues: Howdy all! I have been an insider for about 10 years now and just found this subreddit today! I am trying to do the disc to digital and it’s not giving me the option. I am updated to latest and...
  4. Issues with the Devkit, error E208 00000003 00000006

    in XboX Insiders
    Issues with the Devkit, error E208 00000003 00000006: Apparently, this error occurs when the console lacks sufficient space. According to another Reddit thread, the only solution that seemed to work was a partial factory reset; however, when I go to...
  5. Disc to Digital Game Issue - Batman Telltale Series

    in XboX Insiders
    Disc to Digital Game Issue - Batman Telltale Series: I have reported the issue through the console, but I claimed a digital license to Batman The Telltale Series with the Season Pass Disc, and it gives me the season pass, but not each individual...
  6. Arctis Nova 7X Headset issue popping up in the last week on Alpha Skip Ahead

    in XboX Insiders
    Arctis Nova 7X Headset issue popping up in the last week on Alpha Skip Ahead: Hello all, Any help here would be great. I have a Steel Series Arctis Nova 7x Headset and an Xbox series X. I'm not having an issue with hearing game or party chat, but my friends are reporting...
  7. Delta dashboard lag issues on first bootup

    in XboX Insiders
    Delta dashboard lag issues on first bootup: I am in Delta test phase and been recently having lots of dashboard lag when you first boot up. It takes longer to load the dashboard than it normally does. Clearing the Mac address and reboot...
  8. Disc to Digital Xbox One S issue

    in XboX Insiders
    Disc to Digital Xbox One S issue: I just recently installed insider and have Omega. I installed multiple Xbox One discs older and newer and they seem to not allow claiming the digital license. Maybe I'm confused about something...
  9. Game streaming is always in letterbox

    in XboX Insiders
    Game streaming is always in letterbox: Any time I stream via console to phone (12 pro max) it always is in letterbox format and makes it near unplayable for me. How can I make it fit the full screen of my phone so I can actually enjoy...
  10. Blu Ray app should allow all DVDs to automatically play in full 16:9 Letterbox image

    in XBoX Games and Apps
    Blu Ray app should allow all DVDs to automatically play in full 16:9 Letterbox image: The Blu Ray app for XBox One is excellent to play both DVDs and Blu Rays, and 4k HDR Blu Ray discs on XBox One X, the latter one I have. The problem that has been for many years and still not done...