Let Xbox decide?

Discus and support Let Xbox decide? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; When researching how to turn off the redundant notification that asks to install on internal even when storage management settings are set to install... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by JohnnyDenali89, Jun 5, 2023.

1. Let Xbox decide?

When researching how to turn off the redundant notification that asks to install on internal even when storage management settings are set to install X/S games on external, I’m now going to select “let Xbox decide” so hoping when set back to install on internal for X/S games Xbox will know to now install elsewhere once internal storage is full. What does this “let Xbox decide” option do? Thanks

:)

JohnnyDenali89, Jun 5, 2023
  2. Rostom L Win User

Let Xbox decide?

Hi there!

If you choose the Let Xbox decide option, the system will prioritize installations that need storage on faster drives (such as internal storage or a Storage Expansion Card) but may still install the content to a slower drive if that is the only drive with enough space for that particular download.

Reference: https://support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/....
  3. Lone Wulf81 Win User

Let Consumers TRULY Decide (Introducing Xbox Live Platinum)

i would not be borrowing games, once you put the disk in the system it would automatically put the game in your cloud you would not need to upload it there,if a friend wanted to use one of my games its there cap not mine. its a loss for me not a gain
  4. dpoet Win User

A two tier system would have given MS and the publishers a chance to prove it would benefit the customer long term. like I get cheaper books on kindle. The trouble now is u get no benefit from digital download, you can't share or sell it. and you saved
    them loads of money, disc, packaging, cut to retailer, transport costs. give us some benefit for buying a digital copy. Give at least some dlc free with digital copy, we saved you loads of money already. prove it's better.
  5. xenomorph v1 Win User

What gets me is this...

You can share your game with (potentially) an unlimited number of people now right?

What's the problem with still allowing 10 of those people to do it digitally?

MS is chucking a corporate temper tantrum by removing this feature, sitting in the corner pouting with their arms crossed and a sour look on their face.

I really liked this idea. Full stop.

If they still allowed it, imagine the sustained cheers they would receive... Just like another console maker received at E3. I'd even be so bold as to say, they'd win back a lot of jaded fans that are jumping ship.
  6. tohellnbak Win User

haha so much for the price cap on AAA games.. they will now be $69.99.. but that's OK.. Gamestop will still give you $30.00 for it 10 seconds after you open it.. instead of maybe... I DUNNO>>> grab 9 friends... each buy a different game... guess what..
    that equals.... $6.00 EACH for 10 games...
Thema:

Let Xbox decide?

1. Let Xbox decide? - Similar Threads - Let decide

2. Won't let me add a phone number to account to redeem reward points I have any help ?

in XBoX on Windows
    Won't let me add a phone number to account to redeem reward points I have any help ?: Under rewards it added phone verification and it won't let me put my number in. Never had to do this before usually just got points and redeemed them. cab72864-61a6-4845-b498-d45fe2990133
  3. Why does the Xbox game bar not let me talk to my friends in a party.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why does the Xbox game bar not let me talk to my friends in a party.: I'm not able to talk to my friends in a party chat while I'm on computer It pops up a message that states this "Background apps permissions for Xbox are turned off. Other may not be able to hear...
  4. My xbox 360 console does not let me log in to my xbox live how can i be able to log in or...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox 360 console does not let me log in to my xbox live how can i be able to log in or...: How do i log in my xbox 360 account since it dont let me? fa880fd0-2680-4dc3-999d-21aef2bd8008
  5. My keys continue to be pressed even after I let go, what should I do?

in XBoX on Windows
    My keys continue to be pressed even after I let go, what should I do?: My keys continue to press after I stop pressing them. It's not physical (They aren't literally sticking down). But it continues to press in a game or whilst I'm typing. I've tried different...
  6. I've done all the steps and it still wont let me reply or make a group

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I've done all the steps and it still wont let me reply or make a group: it won't let me make or reply to groups even though I did all the things it told me to do 70db31d5-bf8a-4594-b5f6-e886e38f2021
  7. Xbox won’t let me join or start a party.

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Xbox won’t let me join or start a party.: I try starting a party and it’s grayed out. I try joining a party and it doesn't even attempt to join. Please fix 9d4e6763-b7b4-44ef-ad87-3eb76a1cc5ba
  8. Experiencing party issues? Let me hear

in XboX Insiders
    Experiencing party issues? Let me hear: Anyone else experiencing party issues? Like a friend saying “disconnect” when joining a party. Explain your issues submitted by /u/Standard-Low5624 [link] [comments]
  9. My discord on xbox won’t let me unmute and talk to friends

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    My discord on xbox won’t let me unmute and talk to friends: Can someone help me fix this my headset works fine whenever im in regular game char but whenever i join discord on xbox it stays muted can anyone help me? dbb6e22f-337a-4b0a-81ed-11380c93dcd9
  10. some reason the audio for my stream is muted and it wont let me fix it, its honestly quite...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    some reason the audio for my stream is muted and it wont let me fix it, its honestly quite...: I was putting up stream and usually ill re set it to get this to work but now it flat out wont work. Everytime i go like its muted and wont let me unmute the stream. I dont know what to do....