Let players decide if they want to upgrade a game to the Series X version or not

Discus and support Let players decide if they want to upgrade a game to the Series X version or not in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Got a Series X recently and I'm loving it so far except for one thing, the internal storage is pretty limited. I know 1TB is a good amount of storage,... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by M0hawkm0nkey, Dec 8, 2021.

1. M0hawkm0nkey
    M0hawkm0nkey Guest

Let players decide if they want to upgrade a game to the Series X version or not

Got a Series X recently and I'm loving it so far except for one thing, the internal storage is pretty limited. I know 1TB is a good amount of storage, my issue is that I have games that I could play on a regular Xbox One l, but the series X forces me to upgrade to be able to play them. This results in me having only a handful of games I want to play installed. I think they should let players decide if they want to play the regular Xbox One version from an external HD or if they want to fully upgrade the game and install on the internal SSD. As of right now I have Back 4 Blood, Borderlands 3, Destiny 2, Forza Horizon 5, Gears 5, Halo Infinite, MCC, and Flight Simulator installed with about 80gbs free. This equals about 1 more game, but I have plenty of Xbox One games that I would like to be able to install and play but I can't because they'll automatically upgrade to the Series X version and require internal storage. Especially with Gamepass giving access to hundreds of games, only having room for 9 games to be playable with Series X upgrades is limiting. Borderlands 3, Destiny 2, Gears 5, and MCC are all playable on a regular Xbox One without Series X upgrades, so I would like the option to choose to have those installed on an external and save space on my Series X for games I actually want to be upgraded.

:)

M0hawkm0nkey, Dec 8, 2021
  2. FWKingSax99 Win User

Xbox series x no sound

My issue is the same. My additional input: I just bought the X-Box Series X 2 weeks ago. I transferred all my games over. At first, every game I tried worked fine. Then the system suddenly decided yesterday to upgrade the newer games to the Series X versions of the games. Every game that is older and doesn't have a Series X upgrade works perfectly. It's only the games that have upgraded to Series X versions of the games that have "no audio" issues.

For reference, I do have a Samsung smart TV as well, a I've been reading other with this issue may also have. I have audio on the dashboard.

Hoping for a fix soon. Thanks.
  3. ROBIN H 25 Win User

Pre download Xbox Series X games

Not really...

Xbox Series X games / upgrades / updates has to be installed onto the Series X internal or expansion card SSD,

You can have Xbox One games on your external hard drive that will get an Series X upgrade but the games will need to be transferred to the Series X and then the Series X upgrade will need to be downloaded onto the Series X SSD,

As an example...

I have Marvel Avengers on my external hard drive that will get the Series X upgrade and I will transfer the game over to the Series X SSD ready to download and update the game to the Series X version when available.
  4. Hoskayra Win User

When entering the Microsoft store hovering over the buy button for Grand theft Auto v Xbox series x|s edition

Hi again Don

There appears to be an issue with the Xbox Series X/S version of Grand Theft Auto V being compatible with the Xbox One Xbox One X version. Therefore, the Xbox Store may not allow you to purchase the Xbox Series of the game if you have an Xbox One.

Buy the Xbox One version of Grand Theft Auto V. This version of the game is compatible with Xbox One X and is cheaper than the Xbox Series X/S version. I'm not sure but I think it's no longer available to buy in the store.

If you decide to upgrade your Xbox One X to an Xbox Series X or Xbox Series S, you can do so through the Xbox Store or an authorized retailer.

Oskayra H.
  5. ngocphi Win User

Fifa 22 on Series X and XB1

Ya blame the players demanding no cross play from developers

Well first with ea dual entitlement it's two different files

As the series x upgrade is a code you download for the upgrade you have to check your games and apps for the appropriate version
  6. Rostom L Win User

Recent screenshot captures are saying , the game title for Xbox one, even though the game and console are series x ?

Hi! I'm Rostom, an Independent Advisor. I will be glad to help you here.

I believe that you installed the game as Xbox One version. That's why it's giving you that label. Check this link https://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/store/the-call...

If you want to upgrade to Xbox Series X/S version of the game, get the upgrade here https://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/store/the-call...
    After purchasing the upgrade, search in the Xbox store for The Callisto Protocol:tm: for Xbox Series X|S to install the Xbox Series X|S version of the game.
Thema:

1. Let players decide if they want to upgrade a game to the Series X version or not - Similar Threads - Let players decide

2. Xbox won’t let me report player harassing me

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox won’t let me report player harassing me: Just had someone harass me in messages yet I’ve just been banned from messaging anyone and Xbox won’t let me report any of the messages he has sent me? And he just continues to message me.. no I’m...
  3. Why won’t my mic work? Can hear game audio but it won’t let me talk to other players.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won’t my mic work? Can hear game audio but it won’t let me talk to other players.: Can’t speak to other players through headset. I can hear game audio but it won’t let me talk to anyone. Party or online. No one can hear me. Yes, I made sure it wasn’t muted. I even bought a new...
  4. I own moder warfare 2 disk and it won't let me play multiple player it keeps ask me to get...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I own moder warfare 2 disk and it won't let me play multiple player it keeps ask me to get...: I own moder warfare 2 disk and it won't let me play multiple player it keeps ask me to get game pass aa07cc54-22cf-47e1-8a2b-69cdbce128fc
  5. my child is 10 and it will not let him play on multi player or realms

in XBoX Games and Apps
    my child is 10 and it will not let him play on multi player or realms: my child is 10 and it will not let him play on multi player or realms af2aa8f9-45ab-4fdf-8d36-3f2cfe834ea5
  6. Battletoads (PC Game Pass) won't let me use an Xbox One controller for player 1

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Battletoads (PC Game Pass) won't let me use an Xbox One controller for player 1: When I launch the game I can only control it with keyboard and mouse. When I get to the character select screen if I press start on the controller it adds a player two, but there's no way to use...
  7. Won’t let me Connect to account or play a single player world

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Won’t let me Connect to account or play a single player world: I played this game with my girlfriend then moved from one state to another and the game stopped working. Ive tried countless ways to fix it but they all fail. I cant connect the xbox live to my...
  8. Why won't it let me access multi player? It says I need to turn my family settings off. ...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why won't it let me access multi player? It says I need to turn my family settings off. ...: I have been trying to gain access to multiplayer but it says I need to turn my family settings off. Where do I do this? Every time I click on the family option, the only thing it asks for is to...
  9. Game will not let player sign in

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game will not let player sign in: I have done the cache reset thing but on one of my One's it refuses to sign in anybody into titanfall. Game starts but will not sign in. 3208101e-f25c-44fd-b30d-1a94bbdec903
  10. Let people play single player games offline on XBone!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Let people play single player games offline on XBone!: I am still having problems connecting to XBox Live this morning. I've tried with both consoles, and nothing works. Reset my router, turned the consoles off and back on again and everything. I know...