Less strickt EDID checking for DTS:X

Discus and support Less strickt EDID checking for DTS:X in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Xbox is very strict in checking if DTS:x is supported and greys out the option if there is a small mismatch in the EDID. But TVs like the LG C9 don't... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/pokemanzred, Nov 24, 2022.

1. Less strickt EDID checking for DTS:X

Xbox is very strict in checking if DTS:x is supported and greys out the option if there is a small mismatch in the EDID. But TVs like the LG C9 don't always pass the correct EDID while they can support DTS:X passthrough. With the new sound test option in the sound settings, xbox should maybe drop the strict checking and let people test if DTS:X just works.

For media like plex DTS:X will correctly be passed through even though the system wide setting is greyed out.

In these posts on AVSforum the problem is also discussed.

submitted by /u/pokemanzred
    [link] [comments]

/u/pokemanzred, Nov 24, 2022
  2. CubeLtdElite Win User

help.....

Did you see what your connection status is; strickt moderate or open.

Search xbox support for that. Maybe it helps you.
  3. Deathnad Win User

Tv screen turns black for 2 seconds every couple of minutes

I'm pretty sure the issue is with the Sony TV, I've done some work with Sony equipment and they seem to have a lot of EDID related issues even with their own equipment. I would check online to see if there is a firmware update available, if not, you might
    want to check Amazon or a local electronics store for some type of EDID management device, might help.
  4. Player758504066 Win User

Netflix, Amazon Prime crashing XBOX one X

Thanks all, will try these, XBOX X supports 4K for netflix and Amazon which may have had some issues with display EDID, I will try these options and see if the problem persists
  5. Dora Adventures Win User

Recruiting OPEN! JOIN DT NOW!

Lol im in a clan called DT x. Almost the same there!
  6. B1gC0untryDad81 Win User

Dts x

In my experience I have an old RCA 5.1 surround sound receiver that is more than 10 yrs old has DTS to it and dolby digital. I went and purchased the Dolby Atmos app from xbox and when i hooked it up it was automatically picking up the DTS. Not sure with
    soundbars as I prefer the Old style Receiver with speaker setup. However I'm assuming you can change the sound from the bar itself. hope this helps. or at the very least offer some assistance.
Thema:

Less strickt EDID checking for DTS:X

1. Less strickt EDID checking for DTS:X - Similar Threads - Less strickt EDID

2. Lets make group gaming better with less stuff to bring.

in XboX Insiders
    Lets make group gaming better with less stuff to bring.: I woke up after Thanksgiving and realized we need to make it easier for people to game in groups. Let's be honest here sleep overs happen, family members travel. Gaming is universal. But I...
  3. Can't submit a review for Enforcement actions ban 2 days or less

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can't submit a review for Enforcement actions ban 2 days or less: Split from this thread. the thing is most of the time they can't submit a review as most of these bans are 2 days or less, there is no recourse for this false banning, please push this up your...
  4. MSFS Marketplace steam version: Transaction failed, but you gonna pay for it never the less.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    MSFS Marketplace steam version: Transaction failed, but you gonna pay for it never the less.: Hello, i have a problem with failed purchases in the MSFS marketplace that neither the steam nor the xbox support recognizes. I bought MSFS on steam for pc and tried to buy something in the...
  5. The more people that join my party the less I can hear them.

in XBoX on Consoles
    The more people that join my party the less I can hear them.: So I’ve never had this issue before but now I can only hear one person. If another person joins my party the audio quality is reduced significantly. I was playing zombies last night with 3 others...
  6. I think my XBOX wireless adapter for windows 10 broke with less than a months use

in XBoX on Consoles
    I think my XBOX wireless adapter for windows 10 broke with less than a months use: I got this thing July 5 and it was working great with a basic black 60 dollar XBOX series S/X controller until today. I was playing gears of war ultimate edition and it just stopped responding the...
  7. My storage is showing as significantly less

in XBoX Accessibility
    My storage is showing as significantly less: When I got this Xbox one elite console 6 years ago, it had a terabyte of storage on it's internal hard drive and it has been holding a terabyte of storage until about 3 days ago and now it only...
  8. XBOX Taking Money from a 7 year old Autistic Boy - Over £400 Taken in less than 24hrs and...

in XBoX Accessibility
    XBOX Taking Money from a 7 year old Autistic Boy - Over £400 Taken in less than 24hrs and...: I am totally disgusted at the response from Microsoft, they have no security in place for kids to order stuff, knowing that the account has never been used before, 1 or 2 transactions might not...
  9. Home-less: Just bought a Series X, and Can't Set it to Home (I've NEVER switched Home either)

in XBoX Accessibility
    Home-less: Just bought a Series X, and Can't Set it to Home (I've NEVER switched Home either): Here is what I did: I made my old Xbox One not Home anymore from the "Devices" page on my account. I attempted to make my new Series X Home using the Personalization tab in Settings on my Xbox...
  10. Xbox 360 Poor Download Speed (Less than 1 Mbps)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 Poor Download Speed (Less than 1 Mbps): Ever since I moved to my house 6 years ago, I have noticed my Xbox 360 has very poor download speed. Like, we're talking less than 1 Mbps. When I lived in an apartment in the same town, I believe...