Less strickt EDID checking for DTS:X

Discus and support Less strickt EDID checking for DTS:X in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Xbox is very strict in checking if DTS:x is supported and greys out the option if there is a small mismatch in the EDID. But TVs like the LG C9 don't... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/pokemanzred, Nov 24, 2022.

1. Less strickt EDID checking for DTS:X

Xbox is very strict in checking if DTS:x is supported and greys out the option if there is a small mismatch in the EDID. But TVs like the LG C9 don't always pass the correct EDID while they can support DTS:X passthrough. With the new sound test option in the sound settings, xbox should maybe drop the strict checking and let people test if DTS:X just works.

For media like plex DTS:X will correctly be passed through even though the system wide setting is greyed out.

In these posts on AVSforum the problem is also discussed.

submitted by /u/pokemanzred
    [link] [comments]

/u/pokemanzred, Nov 24, 2022
  2. Tezzerrific Win User

Why can’t I run 1440p at 120hz on Xbox series x?

you completely missed the target with this one, to much eggnog yeah.

the xbox series x will not allow the OP to select 1440p at 120hz.

OP - the monitor must have proper vesa timings listed in its edid for the xbox to use, if it does not list 1440p 120hz in the edid for hdmi then the xbox will not use it.
  3. CubeLtdElite Win User

help.....

Did you see what your connection status is; strickt moderate or open.

Search xbox support for that. Maybe it helps you.
  4. Deathnad Win User

Tv screen turns black for 2 seconds every couple of minutes

I'm pretty sure the issue is with the Sony TV, I've done some work with Sony equipment and they seem to have a lot of EDID related issues even with their own equipment. I would check online to see if there is a firmware update available, if not, you might
    want to check Amazon or a local electronics store for some type of EDID management device, might help.
  5. Player758504066 Win User

Netflix, Amazon Prime crashing XBOX one X

Thanks all, will try these, XBOX X supports 4K for netflix and Amazon which may have had some issues with display EDID, I will try these options and see if the problem persists
  6. Dora Adventures Win User

Recruiting OPEN! JOIN DT NOW!

Lol im in a clan called DT x. Almost the same there!
Thema:

Less strickt EDID checking for DTS:X

1. Less strickt EDID checking for DTS:X - Similar Threads - Less strickt EDID

2. Driver IQRL less or not equal BSOD plague

in XBoX on Windows
    Driver IQRL less or not equal BSOD plague: Hello, I recently factory reset my computer to absolve issues with games crashing, and I thought that I had identified the problem as a faulty RAM stick which was removed. It seems as though I...
  3. hello. I recently disputed a request for a digital game purchase that was made less than 14...

in XBoX on Consoles
    hello. I recently disputed a request for a digital game purchase that was made less than 14...: hello. I recently disputed a request for a digital game purchase that was made less than 14 days ago (14 days is the deadline for digital game purchases). I emailed Microsoft/Xbox to repeal their...
  4. Newly purchased controller shows less than 2months warranty

in XBoX on Consoles
    Newly purchased controller shows less than 2months warranty: Why does my brand new controller show only 2 months warranty (carbon black)?. I bought it from Walmart with a gift card that I got for Christmas. 11520835-9864-4e2f-a5e9-423ad6fdb1a8
  5. Hi, recently when I install games on my X Series they are running at less than 20 fps.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Hi, recently when I install games on my X Series they are running at less than 20 fps.: Hi, recently when I install games on my X Series they are running at less than 20 fps. c63865e5-13be-40ee-827e-c44e02e6369e
  6. Console turns on only to do updates, after finishing them, it starts to turn on for less...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Console turns on only to do updates, after finishing them, it starts to turn on for less...: Today I turned on the Xbox one after more than a month without turning it on, it turned on normally and started downloading and installing a 4.5 Gb update, when I finished downloading and...
  7. Since last update my Xbox One x will not even update offline more or less rendering my...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Since last update my Xbox One x will not even update offline more or less rendering my...: Since last update my Xbox One x will not even update offline more or less rendering my system no good I didn't spend $800 to just have it turn out to be garbage there's only a year and a half old...
  8. Xbox payed me less money then they should

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox payed me less money then they should: In my xbox account you guys payed me 29.99 TURKISH LIRA but instead you guys should have paid me 399.99 TURKISH LIRA, because of my refund of Cyberpunk 2077 DLC. Please fix it. At least before i...
  9. Cant get refund for Call of Duty: Vanguard even though i refunded it less than 72 hours...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cant get refund for Call of Duty: Vanguard even though i refunded it less than 72 hours...: Im someone who buys games in bulk, Im not over the age of 18 so i have nothing to do but save my money so i thought id spend some on myself by getting alot of games. Call of duty was one of them....
  10. Stupid epic games that makes me wait a long time just to play fortnite which takes way less...

in XboX Insiders
    Stupid epic games that makes me wait a long time just to play fortnite which takes way less...: Your fucking app is so fucking shit. I wait 2 hours just to be not able to switch to keyboard in game. Then i have to restart the wait another 2 hours just in the queue which takes 4 minutes when...