Left Trigger suddenly unresponsive in most games - Xbox Series S

Discus and support Left Trigger suddenly unresponsive in most games - Xbox Series S in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; So I tried to play three different games today but the left trigger completely doesn't work in them. And yesterday it worked fine when i played them.... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Phillip Slaney, Oct 29, 2022.

1. Left Trigger suddenly unresponsive in most games - Xbox Series S

So I tried to play three different games today but the left trigger completely doesn't work in them. And yesterday it worked fine when i played them.

I checked the left trigger worked under diagnostics and it works. I tried another game and it DID work in that. But those three other games it still doesn't. I could even reassign the left trigger to the action in those games and it registers it, so it is picking up the left trigger prompt.

I've tried a hard set of the console. Hasn't worked. I've tried taking the batteries out of the controller. Hasn't worked. I've tried updating the controller. Nothing has worked.

I've also noticed under diagnostics the right trigger is much more sensitive than the left.

Any ideas?

:)

Phillip Slaney, Oct 29, 2022
  2. Phillip Slaney Win User

Yes i think it is a hardware problem. It was bought second hand. I just tried cleaning it, blew into the crack and LT became completely unresponsive. Then i gave it a whack and it started working again in the games. It's still not as sensitive as RT, so I'm guessing it may be temperamental.

I've ordered a new controller but is there a way to fix this? Does the inside need to be cleaned?
  3. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this Phillip

Could be a hardware issue, but we can try to isolate the problem a bit more.
    In case you have more than one controller, if you test with a different one the issue persist or not at all?
    If it's the second, do you know if your controller received a firmware update before this started to happen?

And, did you tried cleaning carefully the controller?
    https://support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/...
  4. JosefLBohorquez Win User

I see, if you ask me seems to be a hardware issue .
    Probably your LT button needs to be replaced if possible.

The best option in your case is get the controller inspected in the closest authorized retailer or where original parts are used and ask for a replacement LT button if possible
  5. {Parity} Win User

Left Trigger Unresponsive

If the controller is damaged from dropping it then you will have to replace it since it is not under warranty. Self repair is nothing that is discussed in the forums as it can be considered as tampering.
  6. AngelObullets Win User

Left Trigger Unresponsive

If the controller is under 6 months old you can send it of for a replacement but apart from that I would suggest buying a new controller sadly.
Thema:

1. Left Trigger suddenly unresponsive in most games - Xbox Series S - Similar Threads - Left Trigger suddenly

2. My left trigger doesn't work

in XBoX on Consoles
    My left trigger doesn't work: I just replaced my shell for my elite series 2 controller since the original broke and ever since I put the new one on the left trigger won't activate at all when it's on the lowest click thing. I...
  3. Xbox controllers occasionally don't detect left trigger

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox controllers occasionally don't detect left trigger: Simple issue If u press the right trigger and left trigger at the same time the left trigger doesn't register maybe 1 in every 10 times sure it's rare but it's annoying it's existed literally...
  4. So when I try to move the r stick up it does the left trigger action, such as aiming when...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    So when I try to move the r stick up it does the left trigger action, such as aiming when...: Using the right stick up forces the left trigger action, it's getting annoying, I need help 869a90bd-3ebc-4407-872e-77ff2c5c38da
  5. Elite series 2 core controller left hair trigger is unreliable.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite series 2 core controller left hair trigger is unreliable.: I just got an elite series 2 core controller for my birthday, and J was excited to use it on COD. My excitement pretty much vanishes when I realized that when aiming in any game (COD warzone, GTA,...
  6. LEFT/RIGHT triggers always pressed on Xbox Series Controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    LEFT/RIGHT triggers always pressed on Xbox Series Controller: Hi, I need help with this, no matter what I do LEFT/RIGHT triggers always pressed on my Xbox Series Controller aa38d959-03ea-4297-9cc9-d5264f1adc9b
  7. My left trigger doesn’t work on my Elite Series 2 Controller.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My left trigger doesn’t work on my Elite Series 2 Controller.: I bought my Elite Series 2 controller and since I bought it whenever I set my left trigger to the shortest pull it doesn’t work. But when I set it the longest pull or in the middle it works, is...
  8. Left trigger acts as both triggers

in XBoX on Consoles
    Left trigger acts as both triggers: I have a wired controller, when I push the left trigger it gives a right trigger input 70% of the time and a left trigger input sometimes. I looked at the controller test page and the left trigger...
  9. Right and left triggers on my xbox controller will move my mouse curser right and left

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Right and left triggers on my xbox controller will move my mouse curser right and left: I have tried the fix in this post https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/controller-acting-like-a-mouse-on-windows-10/b0400895-3ae0-449e-8b34-e227d3cc201b I have also tried other...
  10. xbox series x controller left trigger

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox series x controller left trigger: i have been looking for this solution and i couldnt find anything for it. everytime i put the batteries in (specifically the positive or the top battery) the left trigger gets sticky and weird. i...