Left bumper and right bumper durability

Discus and support Left bumper and right bumper durability in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Whats up with the controller lb Rb button durability my controller hasn't been damaged at all and the left bumper just stopped working I don't want to... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Actionman78, Nov 10, 2022.

1. Actionman78
    Actionman78 Guest

Whats up with the controller lb Rb button durability my controller hasn't been damaged at all and the left bumper just stopped working I don't want to have to keep getting new controllers or opening them up because of a bumper breaking if anything takes the cake in durability it's playstation come on microsoft up your game a little please!!!

:)

Actionman78, Nov 10, 2022
  2. Actionman78 Win User

It's a turtle beach one I've had other controllers from microsoft but every controller I've gotten has had there right or left bumper broken in some way.
  3. SigmaTheDJ Win User

Yeah, I've also had the bumpers break a few times. Usually it's the plastic bumper piece, cos both bumpers are part of the same piece of plastic that flexes every time you press one, and that can crack/break. The underlying microswitches can get knocked out of position or fail too.

At least they have improved the design of the plastic bumper piece with the newest revision of controllers, so it's more durable.
  4. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi, sincerely I don't know how do you use your controller. So, its hard to tell you what happened exactly

If your controller is on warranty the best option is ask a replacement controller.

If not, the best option is get the controller repaired in the closest authorized retailer / electronic repair shop or where original parts are used
  5. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.

I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this Actionman78

What controller do you have?

Do you know if you or someone else dropped your controller to the ground?

I personally didn't have any experience with my +1 year old Xbox white controller (the one that came with the Series S) and an old (~3 years) Xbox one controller
  6. STORMDRAYNE69 Win User

Unable To Download The New XBOX Live Update

Press the left bumper.

Press the right bumper.

Press the X button.

Press the left bumper.

Press the right bumper.

Press the X button.
Thema:

1. Left bumper and right bumper durability - Similar Threads - Left bumper right

2. Question, my bumper (left) was not working and I tried to fix it up damaged it, would it...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Question, my bumper (left) was not working and I tried to fix it up damaged it, would it...: When I noticed it started to not work I tried to remove the bumper button but damaged it and now I'm worried if it is still going to be under warranty. 8e32780d-71e9-4eaf-88fd-969f19598914
  3. bc Can I repair my Xbox elite 2 controller. (Left stick drift, and bumpers dont read inputs)

in XBoX on Consoles
    bc Can I repair my Xbox elite 2 controller. (Left stick drift, and bumpers dont read inputs): I would like to send it in from Canada and just have them replace or permanently repair both components. How can I do so? dc1ddab5-b268-4241-abfa-9d4590db96e0
  4. Xbox elite 2 controller left bumper not working temporarily

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox elite 2 controller left bumper not working temporarily: when playing with my Xbox elite 2 controller the left bumper sometimes doesn't work, when it doesn't I need to blow air where the bumper is, but this is a temporary fix and after 5 minutes the...
  5. Xbox elite series 2 controller faulty left bumper 3rd in a row

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox elite series 2 controller faulty left bumper 3rd in a row: My Xbox elite series 2 controller started having problems with an unresponsive left bumper after about 9 months. It was in warranty so I sent it back for repair/replacement. The replacement I...
  6. Xbox wireless controller on PC keeps pressing random buttons via bluetooth (left bumper)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox wireless controller on PC keeps pressing random buttons via bluetooth (left bumper): My controller when connected to my PC via Bluetooth, always keeps pressing to the right, even tho i'm not pressing anything (sometimes it also presses down/up). The Problems seems to be with the...
  7. Left bumper stopped working on 2nd pad this year.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Left bumper stopped working on 2nd pad this year.: My left bumper randomly stopped in the middle of a game a few months back. I thought it was weird but proceded to buy another one and now the exact same thing has happened with the replacement....
  8. My left bumper Is stiff. (Xbox One S)

in XboX Insiders
    My left bumper Is stiff. (Xbox One S): My left bumper is realy stiff, like, I have to press it realy far in to get it to work sometimes, and its quieter, and noticeably (all be it minor) more difficult to push. Its not a major issue,...
  9. Series X left bumper stopped working

in XBoX Accessibility
    Series X left bumper stopped working: Hi all, I've only had my XSX since May and now the left bumper has stopped working. Its still under warranty however I purchased it from Currys PC World, would they be able to help with a...
  10. Left bumper broke off and right bumper not pressing down correctly

in XBoX on Consoles
    Left bumper broke off and right bumper not pressing down correctly: I have a Master Chief controller that I got last year not too long before Halo 5 launched. Left bumper just broke off while I was in the middle of a match and the right bumper has been not...