Left analog stick spinning, causing horrible stick drift

Discus and support Left analog stick spinning, causing horrible stick drift in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I just bought an elite controller series 2 from my friends dad and found out that the left stick twists when very minimal pressure is applied. this in... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by joefjfuwj, May 28, 2024.

1. joefjfuwj
    joefjfuwj Guest

I just bought an elite controller series 2 from my friends dad and found out that the left stick twists when very minimal pressure is applied. this in turn causes very bad stick drift, although the joystick itself doesnt move, it inputs the left joystick as halfway pushed forward. how am i able to repair this at home, i dont have the funds to waste 100 bucks on a repair where all he did was open it and screw something in or something like that

:)

joefjfuwj, May 28, 2024
  2. joefjfuwj Win User

I found out that a screw inside of the controller that connects the cover of the joystick to the main part is snapped in half. how can i replace this?
  3. madamimadam-B8BC044B Win User

Controller Drifting

I have 2 Elites drifting to the right from the left analog stick.
  4. DntTuchmystuf65 Win User

The cursor for my xbox one is skipping when i use my controler

So i just read another forum of a similar question/problem and their controller had a drift that caused a fast scrolling option on there console and im thinking that could be the underlying cause of my issue as i know that my main controller has a drift with the r3 analog stick and it drifts towards the left. Thoughts?
  5. SONIC SCREAM 07 Win User

Left analog stick drifting

Microsoft will replace it as you still have your warranty. However it will be quicker for you if you get it replaced by the retailer.
  6. FlyingSq Win User

Left analog stick drift

90 warranty, if older than that, try my fix I just posted. Figured you might have email alerts on here, and you can check it out.
Thema:

1. Left analog stick spinning, causing horrible stick drift - Similar Threads - Left analog stick

2. Why does the left analog stick always break in these controllers?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does the left analog stick always break in these controllers?: These controllers only seem to last about a month before having to turn up the dead zone to stop them moving. Can’t even control the menus any more. The 360 controllers never did this. Sort it...
  3. Xbox left analog stick not working

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox left analog stick not working: I just bought a PC yesterday and an Xbox controller, everything works on the Xbox controller as it should, except for the left analog stick. Went to do a calibration, and in the testing before the...
  4. Why pressing LT switches my left and right analog sticks

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why pressing LT switches my left and right analog sticks: In mw2 & now mw3 pressing LT switches my left analog to aim and right analog to move. When I release it it switches back to normal. Seems to only happen with MW2 & MW3 games. All other FPS works...
  5. Why is my left analog stick not working for none of it my controllers

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my left analog stick not working for none of it my controllers: My controllers aren’t working, but when I go to lab mode, they were perfectly fine 59a47321-f44a-45bc-a574-6af75c184dca
  6. Series x controller only left analog stick & B button work. Tried everything but still...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series x controller only left analog stick & B button work. Tried everything but still...: Series x controller only left analog stick & B button work. Tried everything but still won't work. 04b0284a-623f-4140-9559-b8e628b340a9
  7. How do I fix my left analog stick not working when pressed down and my up on the d-pad not...

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I fix my left analog stick not working when pressed down and my up on the d-pad not...: My left analog stick doesn’t work when I press it down and my up on the d-pad doesn’t work either. I haven’t used my controller or been on my xbox for a while and I don’t think anything has...
  8. The right stick on my Xbox 360 wireless moves around from left while I don't move the analog

in XBoX on Consoles
    The right stick on my Xbox 360 wireless moves around from left while I don't move the analog: The right stick was working fine yesterday, but when I turn on the console and play the game, the stick moves around from left. Does anyone know what caused this? Thank you Best Wishes -Sajad...
  9. My Xbox controller's left analog stick is unresponsive in only the right direction.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox controller's left analog stick is unresponsive in only the right direction.: I've had this controller (Which is a PDP model that is listed as being officially licensed by Xbox) for about six months now. Very suddenly it has begun to experience an issue where the left...
  10. Why is my left analog stick getting Stuck

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my left analog stick getting Stuck: It doesn’t do it everytime but occasionally when I try to move the stick full circle or even sometimes if I try to change direction quick in a game (moving the stick from one side to the other...